MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning Xtreme edition

Cilus

laborare est orare
Guys, here comes another GTX 580 with a twin frozer III cooler but with some tweaks. Armed with 3 GB frame buffer, 16 Phase power design (with two 8 pin connectors) and a super cool Cooler.

*www.guru3d.com/imageview.php?image=30707

MSI added some interesting eye candies with this cooler. When the card gets warmer the center core of the fans will slowly change it's color to white, the whiter the core appears to be, the hotter the card will be.

*www.guru3d.com/imageview.php?image=30716

Another thing is when you start the card, the two fans of it will start to rotate anti-clock wise to clean off the dust for some times and then they will come back to its normal clock wise Spinning.

The card is really having some serious cooling solution, in idle it is just 33 degree C and in full load it is also just 59 degree C. The noise level is just 41 dbA, so it is actually a silent card.

Check he review in guru3d.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
Holy Mother of God!!! :eeksign:
41dbA/59C at load!!!
this is awesome

Another thing is when you start the card, the two fans of it will start to rotate anti-clock wise to clean off the dust for some times and then they will come back to its normal clock wise Spinning.
but will this actually work in the long run?

Last edited:

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
okay even if we turn a little realistic
we may add 6-7C to the idle and load temps
which would mean we Indians can expect temps of 65-66c at load
and a corresponding differential increase in Fan speeds

i am generalizing because the temps i am getting with my HD6850 is higher by 6-7C at load and idle compared to what Guru guys have got
which can be attributed to their lower ambient temps

but i must say the temps are even much much lower than the 72c peak my HD6850
and 82c peak Clear Lot's GTX580 is posting

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
The other thing worth mentioning is the 3gb framebuffer. It will be hugely useful in higher resolutions and sli performance in a multimonitor setup. I guess it will lead a 6970cf by bigger margin in triple monitor setups.

Counting on hardocp guys for a review and comparison.

Top Bottom