MSI 6850 Availability query.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Where can I find MSI 6850 OC Cyclone Edition (860Mhz, 1GB) graphics card online?
Most of the hardware stores have it out of stock, and the only one left i.e Flipkart sells it for Rs 9996 over here.

If I am not wrong, the card can be found at as low as 9100. I am ready to pay at max 9500 for that card. Or else I'll go with 7770. Opinion/Advice needed folks, help me out here.

Here's the Gigabyte 7770 I am talking about. This is my last resort if I don't find MSI 6850 OC ed. before 15th of this month. :cry:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's no OC Cycline Ed. I cound find but why not just get a HD6850 with Custom cooler and OC it to gain better performance - there's not much performance difference between Cyclone Ed. and Other HD6850s with Custom cooler and all HD6850 can run at the stock speed of Cyclone Oc Ed without using any extra 3rd party app ;-)

This is the cheapest HD6850 I've found - just get it :

PowerColor HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 AX6850 1GBD5-DH Radeon 256-bit PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Graphic Card with Eyefinity

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Only If I could afford a Custom cooler, but due to my budget constraints, the max I can spend Is bare 9.5k. I'd had set my eyes on the Cyclone edition since I saw it on SMC at a very low cost. Now, considering the options, I'd either buy a the Powercolor you mentioned (the company I am not so sure of) or MSI 7770.

Your expert advice on which to choose, topgear? Or should I make a new thread?

Darth Vader

In the zone
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Only If I could afford a Custom cooler, but due to my budget constraints, the max I can spend Is bare 9.5k. I'd had set my eyes on the Cyclone edition since I saw it on SMC at a very low cost. Now, considering the options, I'd either buy a the Powercolor you mentioned (the company I am not so sure of) or MSI 7770.

Your expert advice on which to choose, topgear? Or should I make a new thread?

Radeon HD 6850 vs Radeon HD 7770 – Performance Comparison Benchmarks @ Hardware Compare

Performance wise HD6850(256 bit) is always better than HD7770(128 bit), although HD7770 with its 28nm arch beats HD6850 in Power consumption.

So choose your card wisely.

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
6850 vs 7770.

Here, One can see that 6850 mostly dominates the Dx10 region with almost average approximate lead of 6-9 FPS. Where as, in Dx 11 segment (Dirt 3), 7770 leads by average 7-9 fps, not to forget Elder Scrolls where it shows significant rise of 12.8 FPS.

Considering the GFX card I buy as a permanent one, I think the outlook to future is more important than present condition, as most of the upcoming titles will support DX11. Hence the confusion.

This is of course what my theory is.

Darth Vader

In the zone
Cape Verde: All About Performance/Watt : AMD Radeon HD 7770 And 7750 Review: Familiar Speed, Less Power

Picked from the above link:
The more painful comparison is to AMD’s own Radeon HD 6850. Generally faster, much less expensive, and still very prolific in the channel, there’s just no contest between the 16 month-old Barts-based board and Radeon HD 7770.

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
"Much less expensive" quote is not appropriate in current circumstances.

If it were for the 6850 cyclone edition, I'd not have even bothered to ask anyone, but that card is out of stock everywhere.

Darth Vader

In the zone
"Much less expensive" quote is not appropriate in current circumstances.

If it were for the 6850 cyclone edition, I'd not have even bothered to ask anyone, but that card is out of stock everywhere.

Yeah the price is almost same here.

You can wait and save some money,then go for HD7850 :-D only if you play games in Full HD resolution.

So don't buy HD7770 when HD6850 is around (any brand).
I've sent you a PM about my HD6850.....but if you prefer only a Brand New GPU,then go with Powercolor as suggested by @TOPGEAR.

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Thanks for the deal buddy, but I am really not sure about buying my 1st graphics card second hand. I have to place order tomorrow. So I think I'll most probably go with the powercolour one.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ toad_frog09 - PowerColor is a reputed brand and comes with 3 years warranty and the distributor is Abacus Peripherals.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
I got the cyclone edition a few days back :D But yes it seems out of stock everywhere now. :|
You can get any other 6850 and OC it as topgear said. Should be no issues.

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Hmm.. I Ordered 6850 cyclone from Flipkart at rs 9996. I know, What a rip off...but still.
Strangely, It showed 8-9 business days for arrival, and after payment, it shows the product will arrive before 23rd June. Thats a heck lot of time. Oh well, back to playing old nes/snes games.

Top Bottom