MS-DOS problem in XP and more ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurya_mishra

Broken In
Hi,

i have got a big problem here .. :( the problem is exactly the one mentioned in digit magazine march 2005 page82 ... the 'question of the month' ... now i have two doubts regaurding the solution to the problem given there..

1. in the first part the digit people asked to type in some command in command prompt ... i typed in EXACTLY what they had written(of course i gave the right CD-ROM drive letter)... but as i press enter the following is displayed
No destination specified for l:\ .......
i hope u got it ... similar error for each of the commands ...

2. the second solution give is to open notpad files and type in and save them ... there, should i replace "%SYSTEM ROOT%" with the location of the system32 folder on my computer ?

please help me ... i am expecting ur answer soon

saurya

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
write down the complete problem .. will u ??
its a bit of problem to search for the mag to have a luk at the problem ... u know "lazy bones"..!!!

hafees

In the zone
Let me find page 82 .... done! ;)
(1) i think the digit people forgot u to tell that u should put ur WIndows XP CD in the CD Drive. :)

if u already 've a copy of xp setup in the harddisk replace the path with that.

(2) %SYSTEMROOT% is environment variable. just test by echoing it (in the command prompt :
echo %SYSTEMROOT%) so u dont need to replace anything.

(btw, if the first works, then no need of 2nd)

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
hafees said:
Let me find page 82 .... done! ;)
(1) i think the digit people forgot u to tell that u should put ur WIndows XP CD in the CD Drive. :)

if u already 've a copy of xp setup in the harddisk replace the path with that.

(2) %SYSTEMROOT% is environment variable. just test by echoing it (in the command prompt :
echo %SYSTEMROOT%) so u dont need to replace anything.

(btw, if the first works, then no need of 2nd)
What other environment variables do you know?? Can you list them. I know %systemroot%, %temp% and %username%............. There should be more...........

OP
S

saurya_mishra

Broken In
digit asked to replace three files : autoexec.nt command.com config.nt ...i found some of these in the repair folder of windows ...can i replace them from there ?
by the way what is this problem actually ... i mean what caused it ...

OP
S

saurya_mishra

Broken In
thanks everybody the problem is solved ... u wont belive the autoexec.nt file was not in the system32 folder ... so i put it there and it was solved ... THANKs whol heartedly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom