Mozilla Releases Beta 4 for Firefox 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
It was only in February that beta 3 for Firefox 3 was released, and now Mozilla is out with a new and improved beta 4 for the browser. The beta 4 version, like last time, is aimed at Web developers and testers to generate feedback and betterments in order to take a step further towards the final version of Firefox 3.

Firefox 3 beta 4 claims to have nearly 900 enhancements over the last beta -- in terms of performance, stability, user interface, etc.

For instance, the download manager in beta 4 promises to make it easier to locate downloaded files; also where the download originated and other information around it. Another new feature promises to allow users to zoom in and out on pages through keyboard shortcuts.

Performance-wise, beta 4 is claimed to be able to make Web applications like Google Mail and Zoho Office run twice as fast as in Firefox 2.0. Besides, it's claimed to hog less memory.

And while it was earlier thought that this would be the final beta release before final release of Firefox 3, there's a reported beta 5 in the works. And that's not all, code freeze for beta 5 will likely be on Tuesday, March 18th, 2008.

Source
Download

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Using it since 2 days........And yes, it is better than Beta 3.......

But I want Mozilla to come up with a refreshing new UI for the Final release.......

parthbarot

In the zone
Amazing speed.... and eats lower memory then before i think...seems working faster...

hope all the addons will be available soon for this release...

Paarth.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Using it since 2 days........And yes, it is better than Beta 3.......

But I want Mozilla to come up with a refreshing new UI for the Final release.......
There are always themes for you if you dont like UI. Remember Firefox is very customizable.................................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom