Moving to bangalore in search of a Job?

threeonethree

Journeyman
Hi guys,

I am a digitian since 2003. Digit inspired me since i was in 7th standard in school to opt for Information technology as a career.Completed my Engineering in 2011 but made a mistake that since i did not have 60% percent in class 12th ( I missed by 10 marks) , I did not get opportunity to sit in the college placements. Even though i had improved myself and scored a first division in Btech Information technology.

After that i got a job as a Programmer assistant working with a government agency in my Home town. My package was close to 2.16 LPA. I worked for 2 and a half years and everything was going great. Even though my salary was not big but being at home meant that i saved on Rents/Accomodation/Travel etc and could help my family pay loans. However , the drawback was that i did not get much programming work exposure in my small town.

Now my Project has ended and i am looking for a suitable position in a city like bangalore. However, i am concerned that i won't be considered as a fresher now and my work experience also wont amount to much. Also no 60% in my 12th may come back to haunt me?

For now , i have joined as a Quantitative aptitude trainer in an local institute which would help sharpen my maths skills and also do some coding challenges in my free time. And i can try to give Govt. Exams from my City.

My options are:
1)Move to a city like Bangalore immediately. Get a PG, Attend walkin interviews and try my luck in small IT companies and startups who may over look my 12th percentage and have easier interviews. Get my foot in the door, work for couple of years and take it from there.

2) Stay at my home town and continue working as a Maths instructor to sharpen my skills. Take online Coding Courses in side by side and attempt Govt. Jobs.I will also have the option to work as a freelancer from home .I can also apply to naukri.com and if i clear the preliminiary exams and get some interview calls , then only move to the city once i get selected.

So please guide me. Staying at home town in comfortable but there is no career here as an IT engineer. On the other hand moving to a city like bangalore is a little bit risky but i may find a career in the IT industry.

OP
T

threeonethree

Journeyman
Know basics of computer science
Some coding with Python , PHP, C , HTML , CSS etc
Currently reviewing algorithms from coursera

Looking for an entry level job in small startup / company in programming / Web development.

Have excellent presentation skills. Just give me a mic and watch me burn the stage.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Know basics of computer science
Some coding with Python , PHP, C , HTML , CSS etc
Currently reviewing algorithms from coursera

Looking for an entry level job in small startup / company in programming / Web development.

Have excellent presentation skills. Just give me a mic and watch me burn the stage.

You can blindfold yourself and go to these places right now and look for a job OR grab any job from naukri with location preference set as these places , then relocate.

Ordered in descending w.r.t job opportunity and career growth.

1. Bangalore
2. Pune
3. Hyderabad
4.Chennai

whatever you do, Never make the mistake to travel to kolkata at any circumstances.

icebags

Technomancer
attempt interviews in the manpower/resource supplying companies via naukri, based on ur experience. they hire people every now and then with contractual basis, and u get to work in top mncs who have vendor contract with those companies.

Top Bottom