Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
I watched Spiderman No Way Home yesterday night and the only thing I thought of was "What a silly premise!". Also, the other "spidermans" were added just for fanservice. Technically the whole movie seems like fanservice with little in way of plot.
I felt the scene of the other "Spidermen" introduction and the important scene just before that was jarring. Humor was misplaced.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Batman - 7.5/10
Movie is well made, but the reason people feel is slow is because of long dialogues scene in the movie. So, most people will Yawn at it.
Cinematography, Special effects and Fights are really good.
But I liked Christian Bale more as a Batman. Pattinson was looking too serious and silent Batman who speaks very less :)

I think the video game Batman Series character voice (from Arkham Asylum to Arkham Knight) Kevin Conroy is the best Batman voice till date.

They have not portrayed the following things in detail
  • Batman Underground Mansion
  • Batman Mobile was looking very dull & meh
  • Gadgets used by Batman are not paid attention to.
  • Cat woman costume (as if she is coming out of poverty)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Batman - 7.5/10
Movie is well made, but the reason people feel is slow is because of long dialogues scene in the movie. So, most people will Yawn at it.
Cinematography, Special effects and Fights are really good.
But I liked Christian Bale more as a Batman. Pattinson was looking too serious and silent Batman who speaks very less :)

I think the video game Batman Series character voice (from Arkham Asylum to Arkham Knight) Kevin Conroy is the best Batman voice till date.

They have not portrayed the following things in detail
  • Batman Underground Mansion
  • Batman Mobile was looking very dull & meh
  • Gadgets used by Batman are not paid attention to.
  • Cat woman costume (as if she is coming out of poverty)
In the movie Batman is not yet in his final polished Batman form! More of a becoming Batman movie.
So gadgets etc are not hi-tech, bat mobil is just a car with jet engine and Selina Kyle is indeed from a poor family or rather a homeless.
Her early years too.

Sent from my SM-M515F using Tapatalk

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Also Batman is shown cooperating with the police more directly because Batman used to actually do that in early comics. This can also be seen in the 60s Batman series.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
In the movie Batman is not yet in his final polished Batman form! More of a becoming Batman movie.
So gadgets etc are not hi-tech, bat mobil is just a car with jet engine and Selina Kyle is indeed from a poor family or rather a homeless.
Her early years too.

Sent from my SM-M515F using Tapatalk
Ok. So, its the initial stages, then it makes sense

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Had a chance to watch no way home recently and was really disappointed - perhaps its one of the worst super super hero movies to have ever been made. Even though it was hyped to death, its story had little to no depth and the acting was absolutely subpar. And why was everyone cracking some stupid joke every few minutes?

And wth does scooby doo this $hit even mean? I wonder why almost every who has watched it speaks so highly of it-even reputable media outlets, youtubers etc have awarded it glowing 5 star rated reviews which it absolutely doesn't deserve. Maybe the marvel team had paid them off really well to write highly favourable reviews!

Does anyone else feel the same way about the movie?
watched it too similar feelings. stopped watching just after 20 mins.

ankushv

Journeyman
watched it too similar feelings. stopped watching just after 20 mins.
I too feel the new spider man movie was very boring .
Maybe I'm getting old ( I grew up watching Spiderman cartoons on Doordarshan and comics in the vacations .)
I gave it a 4/10 in IMDb . Generous by my standards .

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I too feel the new spider man movie was very boring .
Maybe I'm getting old ( I grew up watching Spiderman cartoons on Doordarshan and comics in the vacations .)
I gave it a 4/10 in IMDb . Generous by my standards .

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Spiderman used to come on Doordarshan? I remember Star Plus but never on Doordarshan. When was this?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
on DD Metro IIRC. Superman used to be broadcast as well.
Ah yes. Completely forgot about DD Metro. Those days it was considered at par with cable TV channels, at least I thought so. I think I might have seen Spiderman on it too. I think they also had some Disney cartoons.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I used to what a Japanese huge robot movie that used to telecasted every Saturday and then mahabharat where all my family members used to see and then my uncle used to bring Mickey mouse and other cartoons tape drives for rent and I used to watch over our vcr.

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk

Top Bottom