Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

shreeux

Movie Buff
Freedom Fight - 2022
2h32m

My Rating:- 7/10

Trailer: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4RMzPBX9Pw&ab

This is an Anthology Movie...

A well-crafted realistic and raw making...

shreeux

Movie Buff
Licorice Pizza - 2021
2h 13m
Nominated for 3 Oscars 51 wins & 176 nominations

My Rating:- 7.5/10

Trailer: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofnXPwUPENo&ab

Simply...Awesome...Relaxing Movie...

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Pataakha (2018) - 7.5/10
Excellent movie by VIshal Bhardwaj and superb acting by Sunil Grover & Vijay Raaz. Plot is good and portrays a real life scenario we see in day to day life. Ending is sweet.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The Batman - 8/10

I was pleasantly surprised with this one. I was expecting a run-of-the-mill batman story, but it turned out to be pretty compelling. I found the first and second acts to be very well written but the ending was pretty weak IMO. Also, the Riddler's motivations didn't seem strong enough IMO.

I think Robert Pattison portrayed Batman pretty well and the rest of the casting was pretty good as well. The grimdark Riddler is also a very a good change from the usually flamboyant versions we are used to.

Overall I'd say it's a pretty good movie. Reminds me of Tim Burton's 1989 Batman movie and I liked the darker tone of the movie in general.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Bruce Wayne was also central to the plot. Since the Riddler planned on killing Bruce Wayne as part of his vengeance on the city. Also, Bruce Wayne goes to Falcone's club to learn that his father might be corrupt just as all the leaders of the city. I think this is more than enough.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
The Batman - 8/10

I was pleasantly surprised with this one. I was expecting a run-of-the-mill batman story, but it turned out to be pretty compelling. I found the first and second acts to be very well written but the ending was pretty weak IMO. Also, the Riddler's motivations didn't seem strong enough IMO.

I think Robert Pattison portrayed Batman pretty well and the rest of the casting was pretty good as well. The grimdark Riddler is also a very a good change from the usually flamboyant versions we are used to.

Overall I'd say it's a pretty good movie. Reminds me of Tim Burton's 1989 Batman movie and I liked the darker tone of the movie in general.
Is this Batman released offline not in OTT Platforms?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Another thing I forgot to say is that it's a 3 hour movie and when I went to the rest room during the interval, I overheard a lot of guys saying that the movie is too slow. Personally I don't mind long movies but perhaps not everyone will like it.

quicky008

Technomancer
Had a chance to watch no way home recently and was really disappointed - perhaps its one of the worst super super hero movies to have ever been made. Even though it was hyped to death, its story had little to no depth and the acting was absolutely subpar. And why was everyone cracking some stupid joke every few minutes?

And wth does scooby doo this $hit even mean? I wonder why almost every who has watched it speaks so highly of it-even reputable media outlets, youtubers etc have awarded it glowing 5 star rated reviews which it absolutely doesn't deserve. Maybe the marvel team had paid them off really well to write highly favourable reviews!

Does anyone else feel the same way about the movie?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Another thing I forgot to say is that it's a 3 hour movie and when I went to the rest room during the interval, I overheard a lot of guys saying that the movie is too slow. Personally I don't mind long movies but perhaps not everyone will like it.
I hated the needless censoring in the movie. It broke the flow completely.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Wow. I almost forgot about that. It's almost not worth watching any movie in the theater just because of that.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I watched Spiderman No Way Home yesterday night and the only thing I thought of was "What a silly premise!". Also, the other "spidermans" were added just for fanservice. Technically the whole movie seems like fanservice with little in way of plot.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Romance angle between Selina and Batman felt forced and unnecessary. Other than that, for me, it was between Batman Begins and The Dark Night Rises.
Why the hell is Gotham below sea level and they made walls to prevent flooding? Do they even know about Mumbai?
Is this Batman released offline not in OTT Platforms?
Do you have HBO Max?

Last edited:
Top Bottom