Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Some actors suit superbly for some roles and when m
MCU changes actors like we change our clothes and it spoils everything in the sequel.

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 345628

*www.imdb.com/title/tt0057012/

Just finished watching this jewel . 9/10

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Bhoot Police - 5/10
Average movie, plot is lame and forgettable characters... Arjun doesn't know acting, and Saif tries to cover him up. Ending was good though.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Dune - 7/10

I read the book just for the reason to watch this movie.

Pretty good adaptation of (half of) the book. I liked the visual style and pacing was also decent though a bit too fast at times, but then again the pacing in the book is slow as a snail.

Though I think some things could have been done better, such as the battle scene could have been made a bit more epic somehow. The Sardaukar were portrayed a bit too weak IMO to make the main characters look cool (In the book, the Sardaukar just wreck everything and everybody just run from them because nobody is able to stand up to them). Some moderately important plot points were removed and some interesting (IMO) characters weren't given enough screentime. But then again, the book is chockfull of side storylines that would be impossible to show in the film. Also, I would have liked a better sense of foreboding since all the events are premediated (in the book the Duke and Thufir already suspect that they will come under attack from the Harkonens and they have been searching and killing Harkonen agents all over Arrakis in the days after arriving).

Overall a pretty good adaptation, though (in my very biased opinion) I think some things could have been done better.

Zangetsu

Jail (2009) - 7.5/10
Underrated movie. Madhur Bhandarkar makes some really good movies which gives a Social message to everyone. Neil Nitin Mukesh has done good acting, atleast I find him good in acting then today's generation of pathetic actors. Manoj Bajpai as always played the character well.
How pathetic the Jail condition is in real life this movie portrayed it well.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Has anyone watched eternals and shang-chi? How are they? Is there any watching order? Decided to skip black widow.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Jai Bhim - 10/10
Really good emotional movie based on real story.
Very good acting from all actors.
And for controversies around the film, ignore it and first watch movie in original language and then read for controversies. Hindi version changed most of the dialogues. Use original subtitles so you can read all the dialogues.
There are few flaws in movie, but strong story overshadows those few flaws.

Zangetsu

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - 8/10
Movie is really good. After a long time pretty good movie from Marvel. Excellent fights and special effects.
Story is well balanced. First half is average but 2nd half is marvelous.

Top Bottom