Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Free Guy 6/10 (Hotstar)

A toned down "The Trueman Show". Ryan Reynolds did good but at times feels he's stuck in Deadpool character for far too long and misses doing it.
Good visuals, a good time pass for sure.

Sardar Udham 8/10 (Prime)

Best of Vicky Kaushal's career and best of Soojit Sarkar yet.
Only complaint is of last prolonged dead body recovery scene by Udham. It is either sloppy editing or intentionally scripted that way. But felt too long for me.

The Guilty (Netflix) 5/10

This seems to be sugarcoating the bad deed of the protagonist by making him do another good deed. Sure he did good this time but that does not take away the bad thing he already did.
I could not accept this movie. Sorry!

Godzilla vs. Kingkong (Prime)

This has now gone bizarre! I hope they are recovering money!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Sanak (Hotstar) 5.5

This must be the most boring action movie ever.
This is 'Die Hard 1 + Raid'

1. Vidyut's character seems to be severely diabetic. Lives on sugar. In a day his sugar keeps falling randomly and multiple times. And he just pops a sugar sachet and magically becomes 100% fit. Like medipacks in video games. And this has zero contribution to movie.
2. Chandan Sanyal is wasted. Forced caste to encash his fame.
3. Even action is not very good so you can ignore rest of the nonsense like these

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Sanak (Hotstar) 5.5

This must be the most boring action movie ever.
This is 'Die Hard 1 + Raid'

1. Vidyut's character seems to be severely diabetic. Lives on sugar. In a day his sugar keeps falling randomly and multiple times. And he just pops a sugar sachet and magically becomes 100% fit. Like medipacks in video games. And this has zero contribution to movie.
2. Chandan Sanyal is wasted. Forced caste to encash his fame.
3. Even action is not very good so you can ignore rest of the nonsense like these
Man
You are becoming an Gamer turned Doctor turned Health Adviser.
What you are saying is truly giving good laughs that taking a good sugar tablet like in games where we get energy like in unreal tournament game one gets 100% energy in the above movie is truly hilarious.

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 345628

Just finished watching Barry London , Beautiful picture . Amazing Sound Tracks . Ofcourse its a Stanley Kubrick directed movie .

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
^same here, and I think it's because their "looks, acting, accent" is similar.
So they failed as a actor in the respective movie?
Or because I try to overthink or to judge them instead enjoying movies

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^same here, and I think it's because their "looks, acting, accent" is similar.
So they failed as a actor in the respective movie?
Or because I try to overthink or to judge them instead enjoying movies
I think roles like Wonder Woman, Superman, Deadpool, Iron-Man, Wolverine etc are so iconic and all these respective actors have played those roles so well that we as a audience, we just can't associate those faces and few traits with any other roles in a non-hero movie.
I am not sure if this is actors fault or audience fault?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Some actors suit superbly for some roles and when m
MCU changes actors like we change our clothes and it spoils everything in the sequel.

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 345628

*www.imdb.com/title/tt0057012/

Just finished watching this jewel . 9/10

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Bhoot Police - 5/10
Average movie, plot is lame and forgettable characters... Arjun doesn't know acting, and Saif tries to cover him up. Ending was good though.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Dune - 7/10

I read the book just for the reason to watch this movie.

Pretty good adaptation of (half of) the book. I liked the visual style and pacing was also decent though a bit too fast at times, but then again the pacing in the book is slow as a snail.

Though I think some things could have been done better, such as the battle scene could have been made a bit more epic somehow. The Sardaukar were portrayed a bit too weak IMO to make the main characters look cool (In the book, the Sardaukar just wreck everything and everybody just run from them because nobody is able to stand up to them). Some moderately important plot points were removed and some interesting (IMO) characters weren't given enough screentime. But then again, the book is chockfull of side storylines that would be impossible to show in the film. Also, I would have liked a better sense of foreboding since all the events are premediated (in the book the Duke and Thufir already suspect that they will come under attack from the Harkonens and they have been searching and killing Harkonen agents all over Arrakis in the days after arriving).

Overall a pretty good adaptation, though (in my very biased opinion) I think some things could have been done better.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Jail (2009) - 7.5/10
Underrated movie. Madhur Bhandarkar makes some really good movies which gives a Social message to everyone. Neil Nitin Mukesh has done good acting, atleast I find him good in acting then today's generation of pathetic actors. Manoj Bajpai as always played the character well.
How pathetic the Jail condition is in real life this movie portrayed it well.

Top Bottom