Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Cruella - 9/10
Great. I liked this one.
Never thought Disney can do this brilliant movie.
Both Emma absolutely delivered their performances.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Watched Fargo (1996) yesterday.

I first watched the series on Netflix before watching the actual film and I am surprised how closely the series captures the feel and atmosphere of the original film.

Great story and acting.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Watched "The tomorrow war" (2021) . Won't recommend
I like action movies, but this was just too dumb. Reminded me of some bollywood brainless flicks.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
^Rule of the thumb is if Amazon promotes something, it means it is most probably not good. There was literally no advert of the boys in india, but this was heavily promoted.

The plot had the potential but they didn't use it.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Watched "The tomorrow war" (2021) . Won't recommend
I like action movies, but this was just too dumb. Reminded me of some bollywood brainless flicks.
It was a 2.5 Hrs action movie!

Why do we need to invest so much time in such a movie. First 15-20 min nothing happen actually.
90 min is enough for such movies.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Tenet (2020) - 5/10
I didn't like this movie at all. Slept in between as it went boring and action sequences are not that great.
This is the worst movie by Christopher Nolan till date, all other movies by him are excellent.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, Tenet is probably the worst Nolan movie. I think Robert Pattinson's character was the best character in the whole film because he has some semblance of personality.

D

Deleted member 345628

I've been binge-watching South Indian Movies the last week and here are few that has good cinematography and are worth watching :
Joji
Kumbalangi Nights
Thondi Muthalum Driksakshiyum
Varathan
The Great Indian Kitchen

Last edited by a moderator:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Little Things 7/10
(Amazon Prime)

It started as a serial killer movie, then not sure what happened.
Stars Denzel Washington and Rami Malek.
Either of them or both are in every frame so no need to talk about anyone else. Rest of the characters were for cameo it seemed.
Check out and let me what was this movie about.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Toofan (5/10)
(Amazon Prime)

Technically good boxing based movie but lacks a punch on story itself.
Include loopholes, logic and forced communal angle (inserted probably to start controversy to take benefit of publicity due to that)
This movie is scattered everywhere.

Mukkabaaz (7/10)
(Zee5)

Had to watch it to absolve sins of watching Toofan.
This one more grounded, realistic and has stamp of Ak all over it.
However, whats with the length? 2Hr 44 Min? Why? A lot of scenes can be edited. 2Hrs should have been enough
The lead actor was good, real good. Its rare to have someone be good in Boxing and then act well too but this guy handled it pretty well.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
communal angle (inserted probably to start controversy to take benefit of publicity due to that)

What is with Amazon? Almost all the web's series/movies released by them nowadays have some controversy with them. Before this happened with the family man, people were angry and all over twitter. Amazon is enjoying this now

I didn't watch the movie cause I had a bit of idea it will not be good. Because, Amazon hyped it too much.(just like the tomorrow war.) And also, I don't like that actor.

D

Deleted member 345628

Just finished watching The Grand Budapest Hotel (9/10) . The Cinematography and musical score is so good .

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Just finished watching The Gentlemen

*www.imdb.com/title/tt8367814/

Pretty great story that will keep you hooked. Though it's not as stylistic as Guy Ritchie's previous films.

I'd give it 7/10

Top Bottom