Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I don't think it will stick. Defamation is rarely used as a weapon in the US. If you sue someone for defamation, you have to prove malicious intent which is hard to do when the defendant can claim that it is satire. Being an attorney, Giuliani probably knows this.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
anybody watched Brawler (2017) ?

Bhavesh Joshi Superhero looks lame in name but seems interesting

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I don't think it will stick. Defamation is rarely used as a weapon in the US. If you sue someone for defamation, you have to prove malicious intent which is hard to do when the defendant can claim that it is satire. Being an attorney, Giuliani probably knows this.
meanwhile in India...

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Gekijouban Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha Hen
Demon Slayer the Movie: Mugen Train - 8/10
Animation is slightly different from main series but its good.
Don't miss this if you are waiting for season 2 since this movie is part of main story.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Army of the Dead (2021) - 7/10
So, Zack Snyder makes good movies. Movie is good but lacks the punch of a Zombie movie specially compared with Word War Z or other zombie movies.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Army of the dead 6/10

(Disclaimer : I hate zombie movies, like all of them. Exception : Train to Busan)

Apart from some good action, nothing new. Zombies reproducing? Is that even....never mind.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas (1998)

7/10

I have heard of this movie a lot but never came around to watch this. I recently watched this and it's a goddamn headtrip. It's crazy, surreal and at times offensive and cringy. Makes you feel almost as high and the protagonists.

The film is based on a book of the same name (which I have not read). The premise is based on real life events with character and location names changed. The protagonists are a journalist and his attorney on their way to Las Vegas to cover a bike race event over the course of the film they take every drug known to man and suffer their effects while moving around Las Vegas.

The best way to describe the film is that it's a surreal experience than anything. The plot is paper thin and the characters are not very well written but Johnny Depp and Benicio Del Toro do their best to portray the main characters. The central themes of the film are the decline of the counter-culture movement in the 70s and the lie of the American dream.

Not a good film if you are looking for deep plot but I liked it for some memorable set-pieces and the sheer craziness of the visuals and Depp's and Del Toro's characters which I think are well acted and I enjoyed them making a fool of themselves in various situations.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas (1998)

7/10

I have heard of this movie a lot but never came around to watch this. I recently watched this and it's a goddamn headtrip. It's crazy, surreal and at times offensive and cringy. Makes you feel almost as high and the protagonists.

The film is based on a book of the same name (which I have not read). The premise is based on real life events with character and location names changed. The protagonists are a journalist and his attorney on their way to Las Vegas to cover a bike race event over the course of the film they take every drug known to man and suffer their effects while moving around Las Vegas.

The best way to describe the film is that it's a surreal experience than anything. The plot is paper thin and the characters are not very well written but Johnny Depp and Benicio Del Toro do their best to portray the main characters. The central themes of the film are the decline of the counter-culture movement in the 70s and the lie of the American dream.

Not a good film if you are looking for deep plot but I liked it for some memorable set-pieces and the sheer craziness of the visuals and Depp's and Del Toro's characters which I think are well acted and I enjoyed them making a fool of themselves in various situations.
The movie is nonsense. So nonsense that maybe be passed on as an work of abstract art!

Top Bottom