Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Ant Man and The Wasp ..... felt like a filler movie between the major marvel blockbusters ... :D .... It was ok for the subject here .... I was not much impressed but was better than Venom atleast. After Credit scene was a good surprise, didnt see that coming. 6/10 for this one.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I watched Andhadhun. Surely among the top 20 films I have watched in the last 5 years - in all languages.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
The Predator - 2018 ... Oh man, my expectations were like (- 10) on this .... but here is how expectation makes you enjoy the movie, if they are super low you kinda enjoy the movie .. and I did .... to an extent ..... typical popcorn flick .... predator feel was not there at all.... but then that was expected... I thought my rating would be 4 or 5, but I still enjoyed it as a popcorn flick so going with 6/10 for this one ..... Atleast there was blood ...lol

Flash

Lost in speed
John Wick Duology - 8/10

Excellent Fight & Gun-Fu choreography with gripping story-line. In my opinion, they should've ended with the 1st part itself, as it provided a closure to the John wick's life, unlike chapter-2. Very well amazed by Reaves's handling of Guns in action scenes.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seriously?!!

Story, that too in John Wick?!
:lol: ok maybe not story but John Wick movies are a solid 7.0, after all the purpose of movies is entertainment & a movie can be entertaining without a "deep/critic approved" story.

P.S. this movie series has the 2nd best "pencil" scene(context wise) after the Joker's magic act in Dark Knight.:grin:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
:lol: ok maybe not story but John Wick movies are a solid 7.0, after all the purpose of movies is entertainment & a movie can be entertaining without a "deep/critic approved" story.

P.S. this movie series has the 2nd best "pencil" scene(context wise) after the Joker's magic act in Dark Knight.:grin:
I do not disagree on the "entertainment" part rather I completely agree.
I believe this from my heart and mind that however shitty a movie is, you take the call if it entertained you or not.

John wick is a great action movie, but no, none remembers it because of a good story!
It's a pure and classic revenge drama, oddly for a Dog this time!

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
oddly for a Dog this time!

Not just a Dog. Dog given to him by his dying wife as her last present. That for me was enough reason for a person to go all ballistic.... ESPECIALLY if he is John Wick, ... the BoogyMan ...:) .... JW has come under my all time top 10 action movies.

harry10

Gadgets freak
Not just a Dog. Dog given to him by his dying wife as her last present. That for me was enough reason for a person to go all ballistic.... ESPECIALLY if he is John Wick, ... the BoogyMan ...:) .... JW has come under my all time top 10 action movies.
Not the Boogeyman.. he is the one who kills the freaking Boogeyman

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I know, I know. Anyone who has seen the movie knows this.

Let me draw a parallel.

Tony Jaa's "Tom youn Goong" or "Protector" if generalized is only for an elephant.
But, if you are aware of Thailand's relation with elephant, you would know why the character goes that far for an elephant.

And, I was just generalizing there, don't pick me for that.

We'll fight better battles later, not for this!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Zero (No IMDB link, you know what movie I'm talking about, don't you?)

Watched last saturday.

After a long time someone tried to explore the 'acting' side of SRK but with a non-existent script!
High point of the movie is (obvuously SRK and ) the "Mere Naam Tu" song picturization!
Just awesome!

(Once you've seen the song, you can come out of theater and you'd come out in happy note)

Flash

Lost in speed
BirdBox - 8/10

A Nice sci-fi thriller set in an apocalyptic world. If you've liked "A Quiet Place" movie, you will like this too.

It's somewhat exactly like "The Happening" by M. Night Shyamalan, except that other worldly entities substituted for Plant toxins.

There are certain things which doesn't seem realistic like rowing a boat on river rapids blindfolded, finding the 'boy/girl' blindfolded when the boat was turned upside down in rapids. Though i liked the movie, they haven't clearly explained on how the other worldly entities arrived on earth, how seeing them can make/force the people to commit suicide. If birds can sense the entities when the entities or entity-influenced-persons nearby, why can't animals? Its logical to have a dog (like I am legend movie) in the apocalyptic situation as a trusty companion sensing the entities, than the birds.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

Watched last saturday.

After a long time someone tried to explore the 'acting' side of SRK but with a non-existent script!
High point of the movie is (obvuously SRK and ) the "Mere Naam Tu" song picturization!
Just awesome!

(Once you've seen the song, you can come out of theater and you'd come out in happy note)
where is your rating ? it is your fav actor btw ;)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
John Wick Duology - 8/10

Excellent Fight & Gun-Fu choreography with gripping story-line. In my opinion, they should've ended with the 1st part itself, as it provided a closure to the John wick's life, unlike chapter-2. Very well amazed by Reaves's handling of Guns in action scenes.
Some popular action heroes ;)
Denzel Washington
Bruce Willis
Jason Stathom
Liam Neeson

ashs1

Padawan

Watched last saturday.

Just awesome!

agreed! The first half was ok with some chuckles here and there..but the second half was absolute rubbish ! Did not expect this from Aanand L Rai..Better save some money. 3.5/10

Saw Simba yesterday..typical Rohit Shetty masala mass movie..As trailer suggested, story is set in the Singham universe..so expect similar treatment. Female lead didn't have much role to play. 5.5/10

Anyone seen KGF : chapter 1 ??

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

Top Bottom