Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
A quiet place 7/10

I mean, the last thing you should go for here is another child!!! Seriously?!!!
Day 89 and then day 472.

Rest is ok.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Hereditary (2018): 9/10
A genuine nightmare
Holy sh!t this is the exact review I would give. There are no jump scares. I would be sleepless for nights if I would have seen this movie alone and stayed alone in my house. Really recommended for people who like this genre.

This goes in my top horror movie list,
Paranormal 1
Emily Rose exorcism
Conjuring 1
Hereditary
Ring 1
Rec

I am not interested in jump scares but the actual story. e.g. I hate Insidious series. So, if I am missing something out in this genre and and you know a movie which might scare me, please recommend.

Flash

Lost in speed
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - 7/10

Another sequel riding on the success of first movie. Cool CGI effects which makes you think everything happening in the movie is real - be it cataclysmic volcanic eruption or the dinosaurs itself. Lots of loop holes here and there which are predictable, and a stupid ending.

Basically all the Jurassic movies are Dinosaurs running amok, and causing destruction/causalities everywhere!! Seems they haven't learned a lesson!!
In JW:FL, letting all the Dinosaurs (even carnivorous) into the city, just so that they can't die of asphyxiation in their prison?
Seriously?????????

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
The Place Beyond the Pines (2012) - 8/10
Excellent movie with good story, superb acting by Ryan Gosling & Bradley Cooper.
Must watch movie for all Crime/Drama fans.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Independence Day: Resurgence 4/10

Just makes no sense, not at all.

Hereditary 7.5/10

I think I understand less now than I assumed seeing the trailer.
Successfully creates an eerie atmosphere but then I did not get the ending.
And, how is it related hereditary?

Cook-up a stoorm 6/10

I like such food related movies but this one was not that good.
In recent times, I've seen two movies which are really good on this genre "Eastside Sushi" and "Macher Jhol".

Tomb Raider (new one, forgot the tagline) 6/10

First 1hour is a good build up then last one hour makes no sense.
The leading lady sure had to go through a lot of actions (if body double not used) but, not worth it.
Now that I think of it, in movie genre, "Tomb Raider" and "Indiana Jones" are on same theme. And the kind of impression the later has created over time can hardly be shadowed by this.
If they want to continue this series, they need to sort the storyline first.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
UPGRADE .....ON HELL OF a movie ...after a long time, I was completely blown by a movie ...... not coz of its story .. like AI takes over the control. that has been done many times, but the execution was class apart .... I anyhow love Action, but if its Dark, Gritty, Violent then I love it.... add to it sci-fy and Thrill and blend it to near perfection and you will get UPGRADE. This movie has all, and to just the exact amount, not more not less, just about right dose, and that made it a joy ride. Then the ending, I just loved the way it ended ..... performances are top notch ...... there is nothing I can complain about this movie as such ...even though yes the plot was predictable to the extent that AI will take over, it still brought a twist I was not expecting ....... its a rare 7.8/10 for this one .....

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
People keep talking all the time can led to a good movie too. Case in point, "Man from Earth". But it has to be engaging enough.

I second your opinion, I loved Man from earth. .......Sunset limited was awesome as well ... SL has only two people talking, but it was one hell of an engaging movie ...

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
UPGRADE .....ON HELL OF a movie ...after a long time, I was completely blown by a movie ...... not coz of its story .. like AI takes over the control. that has been done many times, but the execution was class apart .... I anyhow love Action, but if its Dark, Gritty, Violent then I love it.... add to it sci-fy and Thrill and blend it to near perfection and you will get UPGRADE. This movie has all, and to just the exact amount, not more not less, just about right dose, and that made it a joy ride. Then the ending, I just loved the way it ended ..... performances are top notch ...... there is nothing I can complain about this movie as such ...even though yes the plot was predictable to the extent that AI will take over, it still brought a twist I was not expecting ....... its a rare 7.8/10 for this one .....

Sounds so similar to upcoming Venom movie.

There symbiote takes over and does a deal with the host, here too.
Though I've not seen Upgrade, seems to be in similar theme.

Yes, too much generalizing I agree.

Need to see upgrade. Is it in Amazon or Netflix or just out there?

icebags

Technomancer
current Johny English movie that i saw couple of days ago, was good enough. good humor.
but Predator movie was kinda headless entertainment.

Top Bottom