Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Balabala

Broken In
ROAD GAMES
It's not just another hitchhikers horror story,it is well written and well made.Half the dialogues are in french.I did not understand the climax,may be because all those dialogues were in french or may be because I did not have the requisite intelligence.
Cinematography was good
2.5 out of 5 stars.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Mission Impossible Fallout (2018)
Few scenes were cut. I think they have cut every scene which involved the word kashmir I don't know if its an indian censorboard thing or something else. They even removed that truck scene from the trailer.
As a movie overall its just average. Ghost protocol has better actions. This movie's actions are innovative but not captivating. Story is interesting and maybe slightly better, though its predictable. I also becomes somewhat boring in between. I did not find the movie good enough.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Yes you should watch.

It is recommended for people who liked Mist and cloverfield. I know a quiet place is different kind of movie but it did have same effect on me. Overall 7.5/10 imo.
I have seen them all including 10 cloverfield lane.Those movies are good and are far better.

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
A Quiet Place 2018
Highly overrated movie. First half of this movie is good I will admit but the second half is just bad. It should never get anything above 5. How these movies are getting so high scores I don't understand. Those who rates this movie so high are either people who watches very less movies or paid reviewers.
Saw the trailers and looks good to me, will post reviews after watching.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Can someone comment on this. Is it worth watching?. Imdb comments says disturbing and different.

Mother! (2017) - IMDb

spartan_in

Right off the assembly line
#Offtopic Can anyone tell where to get previous issues of Digit in pdf form?
or any thread to post this query?
TIA

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
New World - 8/10*www.imdb.com/title/tt2625030/

New World (2013 film) - Wikipedia

Saw a decent thriller after a long time.The last segments were :hyper:.

Balabala

Broken In
GUN HILL ROAD
A difficult movie on a difficult story on how a macho father can not come to terms with his only son having gender identity issues,how he tries to change him like taking his son to a lady prostitute etc.
The dialogues are simple but effective.
Good that Hollywood tries different stories not minding the profitability.
3 out of 5 stars
They have cast a girl in the central role,casting a boy or a transgender would have been apt.

Balabala

Broken In
THE THREE BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE EBBING,missouri
Well made,may be with awards in mind.
The heroine will certainly gather lots of awards which she is already doing.
Not just her,every single actor has done well.
The in your face dialogues could have been polished for family audience,may be that's the way they talk in the US
3 out of 5 stars.

Balabala

Broken In
THE YELLOW BIRDS.
Gripping,heart wrenching,disturbing.
I love war movies but after this I'll have to prepare before watching one.
How sorry you feel sorry for all the American boys who are fighting some one else s war somewhere far away
Excellent direction,screen play,cinematography,music.
The young hero has performed extremely well,one can not emote better or more narural than this.
How unfortunate that movies of such caliber can not get a theatre release and get only limited release,vod.
A must watch
4 out of 5 stars.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guptodhoner Sondhane 7/10 (Bengali, AMazon Prime)

After a long time a good thriller based on history (genre: Dan brown type novels). Some easy puzzles though but with neat film making and different subject makes it watchable and enjoyable.

Check this out (non-bengali speaking ones) if you are feeling adventerous in terms of language

Bharat Ane Nenu 6/10 (Telugu, Amazon Prime)

Fan of Mahesh Babu, so always in look out for the next move he's doing.
This one felt like a relook at "Nayak" without the inense drama the later gave us.
So-so.

Balabala

Broken In
BAD SAMARITAN
A gripping crime thriller,well made.
Screen play is neat.
Cinematography is good,so is the hero.
3 out of 5 stars.

Balabala

Broken In
DEAR JOHN
A very good movie,should be,it had displaced Avatar from the pole position in the US box office collection.
The handsome hero has done well in underplaying his role and had collected awards.
Cinematography is excellent,so is the music,couple of songs are good.
Iam not in agreement with the story line though,ex flames meeting after her marriage,the hero seeing her naked body when she is some one else's wife...
The reason for the heroine dumping the hero is also not acceptable,just because a lover is far away in a war zone for months together,you can not dump him,if that be the case no soldier,be it American or Indian can have a wife or lover.
3.5 out of 5 stars.

Top Bottom