Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

icebags

Technomancer
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018) - IMDb - 7.2/10

Work forced me to go Chennai for some days. Saw this movie there in AGS cinemas T.Nagar. It was enjoyable experience enough.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
T W O, two, two you say?!!!!

And I left movie without seeing the second one?
You left a marvel movie screening before seeing it to "THE END"?:))
You didn't miss anything though,it was just that big ant playing drums in Scott's house

P.S. I check for end credits on net in hall itself just after movie finishes but rule of thumb for marvel movies is to sit till the end.

icebags

Technomancer
there were 2 post credit scenes, but i soon forgot the 2nd one after i left the seat. 1st was quite relatable and i am eager to see what happens next.

however, leaving the seat before the screen goes off, when gone for a marvel movie is a crime. :D

Balabala

Broken In
THE WHOLE TRUTH.
This movie is all about dialogues,all very interesting and involving so much so that you can just watch the movie with eyes closed.With just 3 locations and 6 actors the director has given a fairly engaging movie.
Keanu reeves is one rare actor who looks better as he grows older.
The final knot in the plot sure would not have been predicted by anyone in the world even if its a bit unbelievable.
A must watch for court drama lovers.
3 out of 5 stars

Balabala

Broken In
IN SECRET
I love period films and this movie set in 1860s in paris is beautifully picturised.The cinematography,lighting,music are excellent.Each frame of the movie looks like a painting.The director has purposely kept it slow paced.Even though the movie is on extramarital affairs,there being plenty of opportunities for keeping love making scenes,the director like a gentleman has avoided even scenes showing body parts.The climax looks fittting to the story line.
3 out of 5 stars.

Balabala

Broken In
ROAD GAMES
It's not just another hitchhikers horror story,it is well written and well made.Half the dialogues are in french.I did not understand the climax,may be because all those dialogues were in french or may be because I did not have the requisite intelligence.
Cinematography was good
2.5 out of 5 stars.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Mission Impossible Fallout (2018)
Few scenes were cut. I think they have cut every scene which involved the word kashmir I don't know if its an indian censorboard thing or something else. They even removed that truck scene from the trailer.
As a movie overall its just average. Ghost protocol has better actions. This movie's actions are innovative but not captivating. Story is interesting and maybe slightly better, though its predictable. I also becomes somewhat boring in between. I did not find the movie good enough.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Yes you should watch.

It is recommended for people who liked Mist and cloverfield. I know a quiet place is different kind of movie but it did have same effect on me. Overall 7.5/10 imo.
I have seen them all including 10 cloverfield lane.Those movies are good and are far better.

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
A Quiet Place 2018
Highly overrated movie. First half of this movie is good I will admit but the second half is just bad. It should never get anything above 5. How these movies are getting so high scores I don't understand. Those who rates this movie so high are either people who watches very less movies or paid reviewers.
Saw the trailers and looks good to me, will post reviews after watching.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Can someone comment on this. Is it worth watching?. Imdb comments says disturbing and different.

Mother! (2017) - IMDb

Top Bottom