Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

shreeux

Movie Buff
This is one of the good thread ( The Movies I Liked ) from another forum, I was posted earlier...Mostly Highly recommended or Must watch movies only...Now stopped due to more discrepancies was happened against my post.

*i.imgur.com/AvG0pjp.png

The Movies I Liked

shreeux

Movie Buff
Long dialogues?!!!
Thats your problem. May be your are watching movies of advanced age, try movies from 1930 and below timeline.

Watched Both versions
The Secret in Their Eyes (2009)
Secret in Their Eyes (2015)

Even though well cast in 2015 ( Chiwetel Ejiofor, Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts )........The winner is 2009.

Balabala

Broken In
The dialogues were not compelling and the length of the movie is also unjustified for a story that can be told in a line.
Yes,dialogues can be very interesting and I have liked lots of movies with plenty of dislogues.

Balabala

Broken In
CELDA 211
Very well made,the director shows how to direct,you do not feel like watching a movie at all,you feel like you are there.
Like all other Spanish movies,the hero looks very average and that actually helps,he and every other single actor has acted well
Background music is good.
A must watch action drama
3.5 out of 5 stars

quan chi

mortal kombat
Under the shadow 7.5/10

Good horror movie.
Bad CGI effects but can be ignored.
Check it out.
This is a nice horror movie.I don't like too much gore and excessive jump scares as they feels cheap. This movie uses jump scares too but they are not too much.

Balabala

Broken In
MARSHLAND
Very neatly written and directed.Length of the scenes in the first 100 minutes could have been shorter.The two lead male actors have acted really well and deservingly one got the best actor award.I did not understand the knot in the plot in the last scene,Iam dumb.People who have watched please explain.
2.5 out of 5 stars.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^Exactly,12 Angry Men is one such movie(in any all time best movies list & rated top court room drama of all time on rotten tomatoes). Its hindi adaptation "ek ruka hua faisla" is also very good(superb acting by all incl pankaj kapoor & annu kapoor.Have you seen it?
I still have to watch 12 Angry Men and Ek Ruka Hua Faisla. Thanks for reminding.

quan chi

mortal kombat
A Quiet Place 2018
Highly overrated movie. First half of this movie is good I will admit but the second half is just bad. It should never get anything above 5. How these movies are getting so high scores I don't understand. Those who rates this movie so high are either people who watches very less movies or paid reviewers.

Last edited by a moderator:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
A Quiet Place 2018
Highly overrated movie. First half of this movie is good I will admit but the second half is just bad. It should never get anything above 5. How these movies are getting so high scores I don't understand. Those who rates this movie so high are either people who watches very less movies or paid reviewers.
No need to be so negative,movies are highly subjective in nature.Just because a movie is highly rated but not liked by you does not necessarily make it a bad movie.

Last edited:

harry10

Gadgets freak
A Quiet Place 2018
Many reviewers share same opinion on imdb. That's why I skipped this.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
A Quiet Place 2018

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

quan chi

mortal kombat
No need to be so negative,movies are highly subjective in nature.Just because a movie is highly rated but not liked by you does not necessarily make it a bad movie.
Sorry but did you even see the movie? I am sorry to say this but I am not being negative..I think you are over reacting. I had given 4 options out of that you had problem with the word "idiot" and have removed that and the words "below 18" too... I totally don't understand why? Especially whats wrong with below 18? (It has a pg-13 rating)

Everything in this world is highly subjective then...why limit it to the movies? If someone likes to kill other people just for fun (yeah he is harming other people but its fun for him & for people like him) then why people call him a psychopath & not a normal person? Because others think killing is not morally correct? or they fear that they can become his victim too one day?

Lastly I never called anybody an idiot or had any intention of disrespecting someone because majority of the people who finds this movie very good would fall into the other 3 categories.It was added just for humor (Which I think failed for some people).

I don't wan't to go off topic or argue. If you understood what I want to say then its good if you didn't then forget it I will not waste my time in giving further explanations.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
That escalated quickly!
Dude @quan chi , chill out man. It seems it's you who is over reacting. Try to calm down and state your own views. If you start to justify, "ratings which other person give", then you are looking for some trouble. Are you? :D

It's a long time TDF had a fight, and I can leave you to your own devices and enjoy how it all plays out. Or we can have a civilized discussion about our common love towards movies. Choose one.

Edit: A Quiet Place. Drama, Horror, Sci-Fi. Looks like I will need to watch it.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
That escalated quickly!
Dude @quan chi , chill out man. It seems it's you who is over reacting. Try to calm down and state your own views. If you start to justify, "ratings which other person give", then you are looking for some trouble. Are you? :D

It's a long time TDF had a fight, and I can leave you to your own devices and enjoy how it all plays out. Or we can have a civilized discussion about our common love towards movies. Choose one.

Edit: A Quiet Place. Drama, Horror, Sci-Fi. Looks like I will need to watch it.
Yes you should watch.

After a long time I saw a good thrilling movie. Since I watched this in theatre I had better experience. It is recommended for people who liked Mist and cloverfield. I know a quiet place is different kind of movie but it did have same effect on me. Overall 7.5/10 imo.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry but did you even see the movie? I am sorry to say this but I am not being negative..I think you are over reacting. I had given 4 options out of that you had problem with the word "idiot" and have removed that and the words "below 18" too... I totally don't understand why? Especially whats wrong with below 18? (It has a pg-13 rating)

Everything in this world is highly subjective then...why limit it to the movies? If someone likes to kill other people just for fun (yeah he is harming other people but its fun for him & for people like him) then why people call him a psychopath & not a normal person? Because others think killing is not morally correct? or they fear that they can become his victim too one day?

Lastly I never called anybody an idiot or had any intention of disrespecting someone because majority of the people who finds this movie very good would fall into the other 3 categories.It was added just for humor (Which I think failed for some people).

I don't wan't to go off topic or argue. If you understood what I want to say then its good if you didn't then forget it I will not waste my time in giving further explanations.
Maybe your intention was not so but this is what you conveyed through your post,which is the only thing that matters online because unlike real life your writing is the only thing that represents your views. Same is the case with usage of the word "subjective" in written english,a movie review can be considered subjective but a criminal act can not be considered as subjective in written english.

As for humor,again it all depends on your written english. A poorly worded sentence(like the one you wrote) conveys whatever humor you intended in a poor taste. e.g. I would have written "this XYZ movie is highly overrated & perhaps the only people who liked this movie are those with low expectations from horror movies or below 18 generation not familiar with horror classics like The Exorcist,The Omen,the Shining etc."

Top Bottom