Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The House Next Door 7/10 (Netflix)

A commendable job on horror movie making.
This proves, if we try, we too can come up with good horror flicks.
Run time should be checked, too much horror elements and shocks start to lose their value and novelty after a time.
I feel 90min is best run time for any horro flick. At most 120 min. Nover more than that.

Check this out.

Flash

Lost in speed
Avengers: Infinity War : 9.5/10

Could've handled the heroes plots (i know it's hard considering the movie has many heroes) better, though i was glued to the movie, till the end.
Eager to see, how IW affects upcoming Antman movie & Captain marvel movie.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
I don't think they will be affected as I believe timeline is before infinity war for both movies

Could've handled the heroes plots (i know it's hard considering the movie has many heroes) better, though i was glued to the movie, till the end.

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

Sadly Antman 2 was shot and actually takes place before IW timeline.
Due to some issue they are releasing this post IW.

Captain Marvel on the other hand has links to IW (she would come to Avengers 4) but her solo movie story is set in during WW2.
So, yeah that is that.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Sadly Antman 2 was shot and actually takes place before IW timeline.
Due to some issue they are releasing this post IW.

Captain Marvel on the other hand has links to IW (she would come to Avengers 4) but her solo movie story is set in during WW2.
So, yeah that is that.
Captain Marvel solo movie is set in the 90's. It will be released before the Avengers 4.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
With all that's happening in MCU, forgot about DCU. Any news on what's happening there?

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

quan chi

mortal kombat
Pari 2018
This is a weird movie. Its watchable & overall okay too. Its not a horror story like it was advertised. It starts well then towards the climax it just turns into something else. The director must have played the game little nightmares too (Yes if you have played the game then you will know I am comparing which scenes. Its disgusting to see bollywood still shamelessly copying things). I won't say the movie is bad but its not good either, maybe because the ending is not satisfying.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Deadgirl 7.8/10

Don't go by it's IMDB rating. Watch it and decide for yourself.
This is a creepy and uneasy movie.
Full marks for concept, acting and execution.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Rangasthalam - 9/10

After a long time watching a good telugu movie. Feels like one of the village based tamil movies.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Faces in the crowd 5/10

For some reason I did not like this movie since the word 'go'!
Finished in two seating, even then felt too long and slow.
Milia Jovovich murmered the whole movie, why?
And includes a really really unnecessary sex scene.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Tumhari Sulu 5.5/10

I found no meaning of this movie. Specially did not understand the ending.
What is Sulu doing now? How all her problems got resolved etc.

Doesn't matter; Vidya Balan is a good actress and Manav Kaul matched with her in each scene.
Could have been better.

Deadpool 2 7/10

Better than first part. Has a hairline story this time and execution too is better.
Ryan Reynolds seems to be going to synonmize this character with him as Robert D Junior did for Iron Man.
I would have preferred to watch this in TV rather theater.

Want to add one more thing. The way two movies are presented to us, seems director/producers want to have more dialogs/one liners for and by Deadpool rather him fighting bad guys.
So, like first part ,the big showdown at end is meh. Just my observation.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
the "big showdown" was an epic rube goldberg machine of luck, Domino stole it. And Dopinder.
Feel Marvel villains are really getting better. Kaecilius, Hela, Killmonger, Thanos and now Cable... the MCU was known for having sad villains.
I liked it too.

But if there are pop culture references in Solo, I'm going to go to Andheri and lob dog poo at the Disney office.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Tumhari Sulu 5.5/10

I found no meaning of this movie. Specially did not understand the ending.
What is Sulu doing now? How all her problems got resolved etc.

Doesn't matter; Vidya Balan is a good actress and Manav Kaul matched with her in each scene.
Could have been better.

Deadpool 2 7/10

Better than first part. Has a hairline story this time and execution too is better.
Ryan Reynolds seems to be going to synonmize this character with him as Robert D Junior did for Iron Man.
I would have preferred to watch this in TV rather theater.

Want to add one more thing. The way two movies are presented to us, seems director/producers want to have more dialogs/one liners for and by Deadpool rather him fighting bad guys.
So, like first part ,the big showdown at end is meh. Just my observation.
Tumhari sulu was decent according to me. But

i didn't understand what idea she had at end the end as she joins back the night RJ job and husband starts a Tiffin business. But in climax they showed they were not able to handle all the home related responsibility, so she had to leave the job. What changed at the end? Why was she happy even though now they have more responsibility, RJ+Tiffin service? I anyone could explain this part to me

Top Bottom