Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Spectre - Worst Bond movie for me. Was more like watching a Bhojpuri Bond movie rather than a mainstream Bond movie.

This is 10/10 from my side. It's depressing but beautiful, heart wrenching but can be felt only if you were in love ever.

Can try one offbeat indie movie.... Falling Overnight

avanildutta

Journeyman
Watched a couple of movies this week. My ratings ☺
Burnt - 8/10
Everest - 9/10
The martian - 8/10
Last witch hunter - 6/10
John wick - 8/10
Yara silli silli - 8/10
Time out - 7/10

quan chi

mortal kombat
Spectre
Um...Not that bad as people say in fact its a good movie. But it doesn't have that bond feeling. Many of the dialogues & situations were just meh! Overall slightly better than the previous.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Castaway on the Moon 7.5/10

Is this the movie from which "Martian" is inspired? May be not but has key moments that matches with Martian.
Watch out for the awesome acting by the leads.

Spy 7/10

Melissa McCarthy is tremendous. Nothing new apart from her. Watch only for her.

And, someone give feedback on this movie, I've not seen.

Bakha satang (1999) - IMDb

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I don't know who suggested this title, but I watched it 3 days ago, and still can't it over my mind.
It was good.

Tale of Tales (2015)

quan chi

mortal kombat
The last witch hunter
Popcorn movie. Watch it if you feel like watching it.

- - - Updated - - -

In bruges
Recommended.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Police Academy 3: Back in Training (1986) - 10/10.

Plot Summary:
The alumni of Commandant Lassard's Police Academy (1984) return to the school to train new recruits and prevent its closure.

Impressions:
Such a hilarious plot and all old stars back in the movie added with some new fellows makes it a superb movie to enjoy.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Committed (2014) - If you like Before Sunset kind of movies, this one's for you. The actress is gorgeous.

Last edited:

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Airlift Finally after a long time a Bollywood movie worth watching. Based on actual events, even though the entire theme is somewhat kept commercial (and not so gruesome and serious which is quite reminiscent of our parallel cinema) it still somehow works and leaves an impact. What impressed me most, among the obvious other note worthy traits was that the movie gets on track right within the first 15 minutes and never lets you go loose. If a couple of initial song sequences had been avoided, it would have been even better edge of the seat material. Sets, location, the war-torn town portrayal all were pretty decently done (if not exceptional). Performances wise nothing to complain, AK does a good job, Nimrat is ok (she was much better in The Lunch Box and exceptionally good in HOMELAND SE04). Initially I felt she was a bit off track as a nagging wife, but was in far more comfort zone at a later, more supportive stage. Rest of the cast also did decently well. As my cousin Ramanjit said, we should make more if these kind of movies, so that people should know the unsung silent heroes behind such success, heroic stories. Over all loved the movie ..... 7/10 for this one

shreeux

Movie Buff
Airlift Finally after a long time a Bollywood movie worth watching. Based on actual events, even though the entire theme is somewhat kept commercial (and not so gruesome and serious which is quite reminiscent of our parallel cinema) it still somehow works and leaves an impact. What impressed me most, among the obvious other note worthy traits was that the movie gets on track right within the first 15 minutes and never lets you go loose. If a couple of initial song sequences had been avoided, it would have been even better edge of the seat material. Sets, location, the war-torn town portrayal all were pretty decently done (if not exceptional). Performances wise nothing to complain, AK does a good job, Nimrat is ok (she was much better in The Lunch Box and exceptionally good in HOMELAND SE04). Initially I felt she was a bit off track as a nagging wife, but was in far more comfort zone at a later, more supportive stage. Rest of the cast also did decently well. As my cousin Ramanjit said, we should make more if these kind of movies, so that people should know the unsung silent heroes behind such success, heroic stories. Over all loved the movie ..... 7/10 for this one

Eventhough i watched this movie, I am not keen on this movie...!!!

Awaiting....Neerja is an upcoming 2016 Indian biographical film:)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
First attempt failed yesterday. Trying today again.

Watched couple of movies in last few days but forum acted so weirdly with me that I could not post.
So, here they go...

Saala Khadoos 6/10

In this movie there is nothing that you've not seen in "Chak de India". Go only for good boxing choreography.

Seven days 7/10

Too cheesy for bollywood. May be that's why they picked it up for remake. Oh, so much flashy cam and quick cam movements that it started headache for me.
Good plot but just to keep up suspense uses stupid twists.

Eternity 4/10

This is one pretentious movie. A simple movie made complex by sending it to future. Check it out only to ridicule this.

Jeruzalem 5.5/10

This is one zombie movie that I could stand till the very end.
Total length 1 hrs 34 minutes.
Till 1 hr 27 minute it was a 7 rater for me then Karan Zohar'esque twist I reduced 1.5 point.
Check it out. It has 4.9 rating in IMDB but it's not that bad.
Much inspired by 'Cloverfield' though.

Top Bottom