Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
I'll follow you down - Time travel movie directed by Richie Mehta.. Has a bit of Predestination feel to it, but a totally different script.

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Sicario (2015) - 9/10

Plot Summary:
Its a fight between CIA and FBI tussle on how to deal with the drug cartels. An idealistic agent of the FBI is enlisted into a team comprising of CIA, DEA & FBI where she is new to this kind of game on dealing with drug cartels...
In the end it is how the world works and we have to accept it...

The Others (2001) - 7/10

Plot Summary:
Its a Pseudo Horror story where in the end viewer comes to know that the woman who tries to convince that her house is haunted is itself haunted by the woman and her two children...

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Asterix:The Mansions of the Gods (2014) - 7/10

Plot Summary:
In order to wipe out the Gaulish village by any means necessary, Caesar plans to absorb the villagers into Roman culture by having an estate built next to the village to start a new Roman colony.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Listing the movies i enjoyed watching this year (not in particular order) :

I'll follow you down
Starry eyes
The visit
Just before i go
Time lapse
The east
Before we go
Posthumous
Helpless
The silence
Piku
Hunterrr
Spring (2014)
I origins
Another earth
Lakshmi
The best of me
It follows
The age of adeline
Traces of sandalwood
Imitation games
Hector in search of happiness
The first time
Coherence
Whiplash
101 Architecture
The theory of everything
Always (now deepak tijori is coming up with do lafzon ki kahani.. He even copied hero's hairstyle)
Predestination
Lucy
Hundred feet journey
Begin Again
Falling overnight
Tonight you're mine

quan chi

mortal kombat
Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji
Again a decent movie rated badly at IMDB. This movie atleast deserves a 6. Overall a nice watch.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji
Again a decent movie rated badly at IMDB. This movie atleast deserves a 6. Overall a nice watch.
Your views on the performances in the movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Dilwale
I believe this is the worst movie from Rohit Shetty from the list of movies that are declared hit.
I'm not counting Zameen and Sunday which were flops anyways.
Only coz of SRK & Kajol this movie was bearable.
No wonder Bajirao Mastani is doing better.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Star Wars: The Force Awakens .... well well well ... finally went to see he most awaited movie on 2015. Star Wars - The Force Awakens. My take might not be appreciated by many. There is no simple way to put this so let me be straight to begin with. this movie for ma falls so flat and boring in comparison to the Prequel Trilogy created by George Lucas. I am so so sooo surprised that the trilogy ranked and is appreciated less than this flat attempt created by J.J. As a stand alone movie, well I might say it was ok, not bad, BUT as a star wars franchise, this falls so so flat and dull and uninteresting. There is no seriousness no tension in any of the situations created, no character depth. I hardly cared for any, except for Hans Solo, that too because of the history associated with him with the original star wars. Basically there was no star war FEEL to it.

The world 3 prequels created was far far better and in tune with the original 2, which is not surprising as it was created by the father himself George Lucas. This movie was for kids and teen at the best, thanks to Disney I guess. Adults who have followed the original star wars and the prequels can and will not like it, I am sure about this. Heck the true SW fans were even critical to the prequels, but Force Awakens ...man....has made the prequels stand tall and classic.

Another aspect very inherent, to star war universe was the underlying spirituality and the metaphysical forces at play, however, in this version the characters seem to ceaselessly keep running from things and having meaningless, often silly conversation. There is no exploring of the depths of some of the more intriguing concepts of SW like the supernatural philosophy, spirituality. This fact however is not surprising as the masses seem to be entertained predominantly by action (that too un-innovative) , comedy, flashing lights, and explosions, not exploring the psychological latitudes of light and dark, good and evil within the human soul.

Disappointing truely .... 6/10 for this one.

Last edited:

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
[MENTION=6966]sam9s[/MENTION]

I'm yet to see The Force Awakens, so I can't comment on it, but I agree with you as far as the prequel trilogy is concerned. If there's anything that's bad about the prequel trilogy, then that'd be the lead guy's acting i.e. the guy who played Anakin Skywalker. Otherwise it's very underrated.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Star Wars: The Force Awakens .... well well well ... finally went to see he most awaited movie on 2015. Star Wars - The Force Awakens. My take might not be appreciated by many. There is no simple way to put this so let me be straight to begin with. this movie for ma falls so flat and boring in comparison to the Prequel Trilogy created by George Lucas. ......
The world 3 prequels created was far far
Disappointing truely .... 6/10 for this one.
My thoughts exactly. I couldnt have put it any better. I gave a rating of 6 in imdb for this movie too. Big let down over the weekend aaargh..Give me back my star wars memories Disney!!!

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Watched star wars - 8/10

Second best in the series after empire strikes back..

Also disappointed with just one IMAX scene

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
[MENTION=6966]sam9s[/MENTION]

I'm yet to see The Force Awakens, so I can't comment on it, but I agree with you as far as the prequel trilogy is concerned. If there's anything that's bad about the prequel trilogy, then that'd be the lead guy's acting i.e. the guy who played Anakin Skywalker. Otherwise it's very underrated.
Agree the visuals and the world in the prequels were awesome

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.digit.in/forum/chit-chat/84916...ratings-opinions-post2272826.html#post2272826
Did everyone here watched Star Wars just now because i was thinking that how come only i posted about it at that time?:)

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
Finally watched Bajirao Mastani yesterday. What I liked the most was the cinematography which I think was exceptional for a Bollywood film. The acting was brilliant. Ranveer as Bajirao and Tanvi Azmi as Bajirao's mother were the standout performances for me. The action scenes were a bit over the top, especially the scene towards the end of the movie where
Bajirao rides off to fight the enemy army on his own and then deflects hundreds of arrows shot towards him with his swords.
Overall, it's a far better movie than Dilwale which released on the same day.

If not for the exaggerated action and a couple of unnecessary song and dance sequences, I'd have given it a 7/10 which it deserves but alas, it's a 6/10 for me.

Top Bottom