Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

ajayritik

Technomancer
Of course. That's why it's necessary to put your point with valid arguments so that different people can respect other's opinion. But if one put forth their opinion without any reasoning.. well in that case.. I would just have to say "We agree to disagree" and move on.

What Moniker has put in I have the same views.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Is the Must Not watch topic closed?

Anyway, watched the Transformers : Age of Extinction yesterday.

Don't know what to rate, 2/10 I think.
2 because of Wahlberg and that Joshua (character name) guy, that's it. Absolutely garbage film. Never felt so sleepy in my life while watching a movie.
Also I don't understand why since the disappearance of Megan Fox they are interested in finding these slutty looking girls! WTF is the point?

[MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION]: Please move this message to the Must Not watch topic.

Last edited:

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Hunger games, for all its action and adventure is in the end just a teen story. I've lost the ability to connect with movies made for children, they are too fantastical and I'm always reluctant to set logic/reasoning aside sometimes to enjoy such movies.

Same's the case with Harry Potter or Twilight, they are teen fantasies and I simply can't connect with those movies, so can't rate them.

Twilight is nowhere close to the beautiful world that Rowling has created. Its trash. I think you are biased against harry potter. Even i can't connect to Hunger Games as the premise itself is ridiculous - Why would people behave like that in future and find it ok to kill children off in a competition. Also, you already know that Katniss is going to win every competition, so why bother watching it. That's the same reason divergent seemed like a comedy movie to me.

Regarding Harry potter , i have to disagree. Rowling has introduced elements of fantasy as well as suspense and a tight story that tugs at your heart strings. The first 3 movies are absolutely charming. In fact, the 3rd movie- Prisoner of azkaban is a really well crafted mystery fantasy. From 4th movie onwards, the movies got too serious for their own good.

- - - Updated - - -

Coherence - Wow, there quite a few moments when i was genuinely scared to my core. I love mind **** movies of these kind. Easily an 8/10 for me. Those who liked it , check out triangle. I feel that is the best movie in this genre.

The ending felt a little bit off to me but that doesn't take away from the very well made thrilling and WTF moments throughout. How i would have made the ending is stated below

1. She has put the other EM in the bathtub and other EM has been killed.

2. She rejoins her group of friends laughing and talking.

3. She manages a genuine smile knowing everything will be all right now.

4. Now when everybody is making noise and acting goofy, she hears rustling noises.

5. She goes to the window and sees multiple em's approaching the house from different directions. One is carrying an axe, the other a bat, other a knife etc. All these EM's are few of the other million em's who have also ventured out in order to find a happier home and are now planning to do the same to original EM what she did to the EM in the bathtub.

6. Her eyes are fixated with horror as she sees other EMs approaching towards the house

Intense soundtrack and Credits :D

ithehappy

Human Spambot

I don't know if that's true. If it's another EM then why was she suffering already in the bathroom? I think it's the same EM whom she has tried to kill in the car already. But I could be wrong.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
I don't know if that's true. If it's another EM then why was she suffering already in the bathroom? I think it's the same EM whom she has tried to kill in the car already. But I could be wrong.

Yeah correct, by other EM i meant the EM attacked in the car , different from the original EM

To rephrase

1. The Other EM which was attacked in the car has now somehow made her way to the bathroom and is again attacked by original EM and gets killed.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yeah correct, by other EM i meant the EM attacked in the car , different from the original EM

To rephrase

1. The Other EM which was attacked in the car has now somehow made her way to the bathroom and is again attacked by original EM and gets killed.
Oh okay :)

Gonna see this Triangle now. I looooooove these kind of movies.

moniker

Broken In
Twilight is nowhere close to the beautiful world that Rowling has created. Its trash. I think you are biased against harry potter. Even i can't connect to Hunger Games as the premise itself is ridiculous - Why would people behave like that in future and find it ok to kill children off in a competition. Also, you already know that Katniss is going to win every competition, so why bother watching it. That's the same reason divergent seemed like a comedy movie to me.

Regarding Harry potter , i have to disagree. Rowling has introduced elements of fantasy as well as suspense and a tight story that tugs at your heart strings. The first 3 movies are absolutely charming. In fact, the 3rd movie- Prisoner of azkaban is a really well crafted mystery fantasy. From 4th movie onwards, the movies got too serious for their own good.

- - - Updated - - -

Coherence - Wow, there quite a few moments when i was genuinely scared to my core. I love mind **** movies of these kind. Easily an 8/10 for me. Those who liked it , check out triangle. I feel that is the best movie in this genre.

The ending felt a little bit off to me but that doesn't take away from the very well made thrilling and WTF moments throughout. How i would have made the ending is stated below

2. She rejoins her group of friends laughing and talking.

3. She manages a genuine smile knowing everything will be all right now.

4. Now when everybody is making noise and acting goofy, she hears rustling noises.

5. She goes to the window and sees multiple em's approaching the house from different directions. One is carrying an axe, the other a bat, other a knife etc. All these EM's are few of the other million em's who have also ventured out in order to find a happier home and are now planning to do the same to original EM what she did to the EM in the bathtub.

6. Her eyes are fixated with horror as she sees other EMs approaching towards the house

Intense soundtrack and Credits :D

No, I'm not at all biased against Harry Potter. In fact, I was one of those crazy kids that would expectantly wait for the books to release and avidly read them for hours at go. I used to enjoy the movies too. But by the time six of the books were written and four of the movies were made, I had finished school, joined college and totally grew out of it. They started feeling a lot more childish.

A teen's mind goes through all kinds of emotions, but is still not yet completely matured, so it can take in all the different kinds of relationships and the fantastical world that Rowling has conjured.

Nowadays, I'm more likely to connect with movies of children, like Taare Zameen Par, than movies for children.

About hunger games, it's a futuristic dystopian world, and it can be assumed that the human mind kind of evolves into that ugly, barbaric state in the future. Didn't we have the Colosseum in the past, and don't we have barbaric terrorists in the present who kill innocents in the belief that that could take them to heaven?

Last edited:

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Interesting how different people think. Taare Zameen par for me was an emotionally manipulative and boring movie. Even though i accept the premise of hunger games, doesn't change the fact that you iterated - It is made to appeal to teenage fantasy while Harry potter is a work of love, a very detailed beautiful world.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
That is the Precise reason why this thread which started as "Must Watch Movies" thread to "Movies Discussion Thread". Since we just can't have a single list of best movies. And that's why it's so important to justify yourself and share your opinions rather than saying one liners.

Beauty is in the eyes of beholder can't be more apt here. :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Dekh Tamasha Dekh 9/10

The best satire of this year and may be of the past decade.

Plot has similarity with "Anwar" but that similarity starts and ends with having 'multiple sub-plots'.
Content is handled very competently and the cast has justified their roles beautifully.

Must mention acting of "Sharad Ponkshe" as the "hindu leader". Guys, if you like watching good movies and don't care about the star value in it, this is one movie which you must not miss.
Highly recommended.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
What's Eating Gilbert Grape - 7.5/10

Nice movie about a family, I enjoyed it except for the end.
The acting is awesome by everyone, esp. Leonardo DiCaprio & Johnny Depp.

quan chi

mortal kombat
PIZZA (2014)
Anybody seen the tamil version? This hindi version can be defined as a good plot gone bad due to poor script & direction. I would have placed this movie in the must not thread but it can be watched 1 time.

ashs1

Padawan
I saw the tamil version of pizza.. I found it refreshingly different. The twist was good. I've Yet to watch the hindi version.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Finished watching Transformers 4 and im now convinced that Michael Bay is America's Rohit Shetty. Both love blowing up stuff and both dont care much about storyline. While other directors grow weary and tired of helming a franchise ( By the 3rd movie, the lapses and uninspired attitude shows i.e. Raimi's Spiderman 3, Nolan's TDKR) , but Michael bay just loves adding more and more carnage visuals with each iteration.

On the plus side, visuals are as usual amazing. Perhaps the best in the franchise. But i really miss the novelty and story of Transformers 1. I am done with the franchise but will watch the next one obviously for the visuals.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Finished watching Transformers 4 and im now convinced that Michael Bay is America's Rohit Shetty. Both love blowing up stuff and both dont care much about storyline. While other directors grow weary and tired of helming a franchise ( By the 3rd movie, the lapses and uninspired attitude shows i.e. Raimi's Spiderman 3, Nolan's TDKR) , but Michael bay just loves adding more and more carnage visuals with each iteration.

On the plus side, visuals are as usual amazing. Perhaps the best in the franchise. But i really miss the novelty and story of Transformers 1. I am done with the franchise but will watch the next one obviously for the visuals.

Are they ? The Human made Transformers when transforming give a cube type effect which looks very unrealistic and not at all convincing , on the big screen in theaters , it looked even more bad .

Atleast there is news that Micheal Bay wont return for 5th movie and neither will Wahlberg . I hope to see a real Transformers movie for once . At least the creators were introduced in this movie , which was the best thing about the movie .

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Yeah i dint watch it in theatres but on my 22 inch screen, everything looked solid gold. That cube transformation part was a bit weak. But some parts were really jaw dropping
Lockdown descending with his spaceship, Dinobots, And this time somehow the war in the city area with the scale constrast of transformers against humans was much more prominent and made the scenes seem more menacing

I would rate it above 2 and 3. 1 was obviously the best.

Top Bottom