Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

R2K

In the Zone
Each to their own, I didn't find Grave encounters scary at all on the other hand I liked & found Paranormal Activity scary on the first viewing.

If you liked REC, try Quarantine.

What was exactly scary in Paranormal activity other than the last scene? All they did was getting scared sh1tless with random noise coming from house. The movie definitely didn't deserve the hype it produced.

While in Grave encounters everyone on the team was just messing around for 30 min with nothing going on and then it turned into a nightmare for all the characters. Can't imagine what I would have done if trapped in such a situation.

BTW IMDb desc for quarantine looks exactly the plot of REC. Will definitely try to watch it though

Last edited:

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Dawn of the planet of the apes - 7/10. While the special effects and theatricals were all nice, the movie succumbed to a very generic plot. Maybe i was expecting more after seeing the first movie.

This video review nails what i think. The movie is riddled with cliches. Warning : Spoilers in the link

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1543fs6ucA&list=UUSc16oMxxlcJSb9SXkjwMjA

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
The Raid: Watched it because wanted to watch the second part. Loved it. 7.5/10

The Raid 2: Best of luck finding a better / more enjoyable action movie than this. 8/10

Just wish these were in English.

R2K

In the Zone
The Raid: Watched it because wanted to watch the second part. Loved it. 7.5/10

The Raid 2: Best of luck finding a better / more enjoyable action movie than this. 8/10

Just wish these were in English.

I think Raid 2 came dubbed in English also this time because Raid 1 became popular all around the globe

axelzdly1

mR.coNfusEd
20 Upcoming Movies That Are Going To Suck

What do you think?

If Penguins of madagascar sucks, Minion movie will too. Watching them for a really long time on the screen, its not what they're intended to initially.So, both of them will suck until unless a miracle happens like an amazing plot. :clyde:

Paranormal activity, even a first timer who sees posters will say 'Oh, come on! another sequel ? ' Being a low budget genre doesnt mean they can fire the sequels like a girl using a gun in Counterstrike for the first time.
Too much of anything is injurious to health. :hippo:

Dumber and Dumber to (2?) will survive if it is dumb dumber dumbest. Anything low, it will

Deep Tiki ? from the director of We bought a zoo? WBZ- I thought everyone loved it(bcoz I did), but its reverse. Do you hate that movie too?

everything else, I need not say anything more.

Inceptionist

Journeyman
20 Upcoming Movies That Are Going To Suck

What do you think?

Because, let’s face it, the Penguins are characters who thrive in those little moments where they’re suddenly thrown on screen for a one-liner or a little sequence. Great as they are, who wants an entire movie based around their antics? It sounds like a recipe for a headache. The movie has been designed as something of a spy thriller, so fingers crossed we’re wrong; unfortunately, it shares a director with that of Bee Movie. Remember Bee Movie? Bloody awful.

I only agree with the director part. Because the Penguins had entire tv show and that was good.

Also it is from WhatCulture. Eff them.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I think Raid 2 came dubbed in English also this time because Raid 1 became popular all around the globe
I watched the dubbed part actually. The copy I have has two languages, tried the original one, but the eyes were going for subtitles only, so had to watch in English. I don't like it when lips don't sync with dialogs.

Inceptionist

Journeyman
Oh please don't start sub vs dub war now.

That being said, I prefer subtitles for even English movies when I'm watching it at home and for first time.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Introduced wife to Koren cinema and what better movie can be than "My sassy girl"?!

She liked it!

IDK, how come I still love it like I'm watching it for the first time!

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Oh please don't start sub vs dub war now.

That being said, I prefer subtitles for even English movies when I'm watching it at home and for first time.
It's nowhere near to be an war dude, I was just stating that I would have preferred if it were in English.

I watch English movies with subtitles too, honestly without subtitles I can never understand all the words, and without getting all the words a movie doesn't make any sense to me.

Reloaded

In the zone
Oculus [2013] 10/10

I normally dont get scared by horror movies but this one was f**g scary :shock:. Original story dont miss it must watch.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Watched some Al Pacino Movies

the Recruit-- Nothing that justifies a movie with him in it. 6.5/10

The Devil's Advocate -- Powerful, very powerful context and discourse, carried vividly by both Reeves and Pacino. 8/10

The Insider -- Another Brilliant movie. 7.5/10

Heat -- Whoa! Wait there is Rober De Niro in it, Pacino+De niro=The amount of heat in this movie is too damn high! 8.2/10

- - - Updated - - -

Oculus [2013] 10/10

I normally dont get scared by horror movies but this one was f**g scary :shock:. Original story dont miss it must watch.

Must point out the Girl talks too fast and is annoying despite being cute.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Introduced wife to Koren cinema and what better movie can be than "My sassy girl"?!

She liked it!

Watching movies together with your wife while she enjoys ... its the dream man! :cloud9:

amjath

Human Spambot

She liked it!

Congarts bro she adapted to your taste.

Last edited:

Flash

Lost in speed
If Penguins of madagascar sucks, Minion movie will too. Watching them for a really long time on the screen, its not what they're intended to initially.So, both of them will suck until unless a miracle happens like an amazing plot. :clyde:
Penguins of madagascar already has a tv series, and few short movies - unless they have a new storyline or completely different idea - they won't dive in for a standalone spin-off movie. On the other hands, minions appear only on the Despicable movies and few short movies. Compared to Penguins, minions are not much exposed to audience. So i guess, people will be eager to see minions much than the penguins.

- - - Updated - - -

Dumber and Dumber to (2?) will survive if it is dumb dumber dumbest. Anything low, it will
Dumb and Dumber maybe a cult classic comedy movie, when compared to the comedy era at that time. But i doubt, whether it will shine in today's world with its comedy.
This is the 2nd movie in which Jim Carrey stars in a sequel, next to Ace ventura.

Top Bottom