Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
This movie has far greater appeal to me on philosophical and emotional level. Plus, the music sets the mood very nice.

I think I will reconsider the rating to 8.5 and keep it safe in my library.

Yes. This happens with me many a times. At first watch, you think Okay, the movie was good. Then when you think about it later, you find it much, much better. And then you tend to rate much higher that what you had thought of it at the first time. Happened with me with quite a few movies :

The Fountain
Four Lions
Perfect Sense
Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind
London Paris New York
In Bruges
Dancer in the dark
The Departures

....just to name a few.

The Fountain's OST is very haunting. It lingers with you forever.

Gangs of Wasseypur 2 - Cracker of a sequel. Found it better than part 1, especially due to the characters like 'Perpendicular' and 'Definite'. Very lol moments too. And yes, special mention for Sneha Khanvilkar's OST.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Yes. This happens with me many a times. At first watch, you think Okay, the movie was good. Then when you think about it later, you find it much, much better. And then you tend to rate much higher that what you had thought of it at the first time. Happened with me with quite a few movies :

The Fountain
Four Lions
Perfect Sense
Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind
London Paris New York
In Bruges
Dancer in the dark
The Departures

....just to name a few.

The Fountain's OST is very haunting. It lingers with you forever.

I have seen 1,2,4, and 7. Same thing with ESOTSM.

Yeah, music and execution is very well done.

Scarface

Broken In
Harsh times starring christian bale and State of grace starring sean penn and gary oldman are must watch buddy movies

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Aliens 8/10

I'm not a fanboy of this series and the rating is not accounting the hype around this movie. I always thought it being one of those overhyped movies. But I'm glad I've proven wrong.

Its as great as it claims to be. The atmosphere is more like a horror movie approach rather typical alien centric movies I've seen till date.

What's next in this series?

//sh1t! I saw the sequel first. Files names in my Alien folder is really messed up.

Now watching Alien (first one)

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
Aliens 8/10

I'm not a fanboy of this series and the rating is not accounting the hype around this movie. I always thought it being one of those overhyped movies. But I'm glad I've proven wrong.

Its as great as it claims to be. The atmosphere is more like a horror movie approach rather typical alien centric movies I've seen till date.

What's next in this series?

//sh1t! I saw the sequel first. Files names in my Alien folder is really messed up.

Now watching Alien (first one)

The first one still scares the crap out of me, and I equally love the second one, Sigourney Weaver is so badass! :D
Badly want to know what happens next in Prometheus.

Flash

Lost in speed
Saw Jim Carrey's The Number 23 (2007) - IMDb - a psychotic-suspense-thriller!
After the 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind', it's a different try by Jim.

Though i cant follow some scenes, it keep me glued till the end!
I can give it a 7/10

Loved the way of Jim's perception of 23, among the usual things!

BTW, anybody believing in *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/23_enigma ?

Tribalgeek

Geralt Of Rivia!
Saw Jim Carrey's The Number 23 (2007) - IMDb - a psychotic-suspense-thriller!
After the 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind', it's a different try by Jim.

Though i cant follow some scenes, it keep me glued till the end!
I can give it a 7/10

Loved the way of Jim's perception of 23, among the usual things!

BTW, anybody believing in *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/23_enigma ?

I'm not a " 23" believer but the movie is very nice.
Ironically my b'date is also 23rd! :D

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
OMG: Oh My God 8/10 (Some of here may accuse that this is a biased review from me :p )

I really had not expected this to be such a good movie. All the weaklings are compensated by the strong script.

Let me tell you this is a Paresh Rawal movie...and stands tall among all. Just a little bit info that I've read on few gossip newspapers that the movie is based on a Gujrati play where Paresh Rawal acts onstage. And he played his part in movie too. He obviously was very aware of what are the things going on and what would happen.

Hear my advice, give it a try. Most you here are geeks if not nerds i.e. you are already habituated with logics and appreciate good logics. You would love this one.

Accident (Bengali) 6/10

So, a kid dies in a street accident. In insurance investigation its revealed that the bus was defective from the first day. The Driver is to be sentenced to jail soon, the insurance investigator loses his job for telling the truth and the father of the kid gets beaten up for searching for the truth. Then they unite against private bus owner, Bus union, bus company, state govt. What happens next is to be seen.

A good issue is wasted by poor script and unnecessary songs. Still, one time watch.

b/w my fellow TDFians who do not understand bengali I would ask you to get one movie "Hemlock Society" (its DVD is out now and available at your fav. website) and watch. You would miss another good movie if you don't watch this.

Top Bottom