Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

ajai5777

Youngling
Se7en - no rating, not my cup of tea..
I usually dont like these type of highly rated movies.I remember watching V for vendetta, serenity, Dark city etc..
I expected a movie like shutter island when somebody told this is a psychological thriller..I didnt find anything special, just got bored but watched till end to find how its rated this much and I didnt get it.

D

Deleted member 26636

I usually dont like these type of highly rated movies.I remember watching V for vendetta, serenity, Dark city etc..
I expected a movie like shutter island when somebody told this is a psychological thriller..I didnt find anything special, just got bored but watched till end to find how its rated this much and I didnt get it.

guess you are better off watching dabangg & golmaal..:mrgreen:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
At some point you need to realize what is your cup-of-tea, like war movies are not for me, in same way, may be psychological dramas are not for you.

North by northwest 8/10

When in doubt, Hitchcock it is...

Good movie with good twists. These are so over used since 1959 that you might not get surprised. Even though, a classic is a classic.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
At some point you need to realize what is your cup-of-tea, like war movies are not for me, in same way, may be psychological dramas are not for you.

North by northwest 8/10

When in doubt, Hitchcock it is...

Good movie with good twists. These are so over used since 1959 that you might not get surprised. Even though, a classic is a classic.

NByNW...is a classic. True.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Shala (School) - Simplest but awesomest marathi movie. They make great movies but fail miserably at marketing. Even most of the marathi people dont know about the movie, forget about others.

Everyone will find his own story in the movie. Just watch it, if you understand the language. This is the second best movie I have watched in this year after Perfect Sense.

The descendants - Good and all. Likeable. But as expected, wasnt a oscar material and still got nominated and all. Nothing against the movie or acting though.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

watch 1408 :|

pratik385

In the zone
Shala (School) - Simplest but awesomest marathi movie. They make great movies but fail miserably at marketing. Even most of the marathi people dont know about the movie, forget about others.

Everyone will find his own story in the movie. Just watch it, if you understand the language. This is the second best movie I have watched in this year after Perfect Sense.

The descendants - Good and all. Likeable. But as expected, wasnt a oscar material and still got nominated and all. Nothing against the movie or acting though.

Yup, Shala is really great movie :)
Good old times :wink:
Its a pitty that many dont know about this movie.

Hows perfect Sense, havent seen it yet!
I like mcgregor act :)
brits :p

arnab.d287

Still A Student!!!

will I find subtitles for it in English?? I dont understand Marathi.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Annie Hall 9/10

If you've ever come across a Woody Allen quote, 90% chance is that is from this movie.

The whole movie can be used as quotes from any random point. Superb black comedy.

Now, I know why he's called a genius.

digibrush

digitalpainter
^^ Asghar Farhadi is one of my favourite movie directors. :) I also enjoy his other movies like ‘Fireworks Wednesday’ and ‘About Elly’.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^ Asghar Farhadi is one of my favourite movie directors. :) I also enjoy his other movies like ‘Fireworks Wednesday’ and ‘About Elly’.

Does he show a lot of Iran..? Meaning the cities and the natural surroundings, also every day life. I am interested in that..?

Top Bottom