Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Just go with it - If you like Adam Sandler kind of humor, just go with it! Good one-time watch popcorn movie.

Exorcismus - British horror (i think, haven't imdbed yet) on the lines of Emily Rose. Half way thro it and found it decently scary. Now gotto see whether it beats The Rite.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
lol.... my rating are really critical ....... anything on my scale above 6.5 is good. 7.5+ is exceptional ... and rarely any movie crosses my 8.5 mark ........ most of my good movie fall in between 6.5 to 7..... for more of my reviews check out my this thread ....

Well, in that case, I would Really have to get a list of your 7.5+ rating!

And you have quite a lot reviews done in the thread, you linked. And I don't even had to register to view those. TFS.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@sam, well then what would you call blasting a nuclear bomb on SUN as a concept. That was a sci-fi as an idea. Well they thought some outrageous things and executed it horribly.

I liked the concept, my question is why not? Earth's core has stopped spinning is as simple as Sun is going to dim and out!

sygeek

Technomancer
^Oh c'mon guys. Sci-fi in movies is same as they show hacking in movies. Both of them are impossible the way they present it. The concept however may/may not be cool

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I think, there is a reason of being a word "fiction" in "Science Fiction". Or else, it would be called, Science Reality! :-D

abhidev

Human Spambot
Watched KungFU Panda - 2 yesterday (First day last show:p)...and the moment it started to till the end it was funny as hell....awesome voice acting by Jack Black, awesome animation and fight sequences.....its AWESOMENESS to the FULLEST!!!!!!!! Surely it deserves a place in my personal movie collection....

ithehappy

Human Spambot
^Oh c'mon guys. Sci-fi in movies is same as they show hacking in movies. Both of them are impossible the way they present it. The concept however may/may not be cool

Agreed 100%.
It's the Presentation of a movie which matters how it will perform.

R2K

In the Zone

Sword fish is a good example...:grin: that Scene where the main 'hacker' was initiating a hack attempt by looking at 6 monitors was hilarious.. also not to mention the hacking scene while getting a BJ:-D:-D:-D:-D

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^Well, I guess everyone got the idea what I meant to say. Concept is what I liked about "The Core". Heck! there are several movies about outrageous ideas why not another one.

And, I now even forgot whom I recommended it. Well dude "to whom it may concern". Watch it and make your own opinion.

The Green Hornet 6/10

This is a funny movie. What I liked about it was they never tried to be serious, no society reform bullsh1t and etc. Stick to the plan, use witty lines and almost satirical screenplay.

Cameron Diaz wasted though. Acting of rest of the cast is commendable.

One time watch.

Harry Potter:Order of the phoenix 7/10

Don't you think harry potter movies are a bit long? Well, I'm never a fan of this series, I take it as a movie of magic, special effects and fun. This one was long for me.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince 7/10

Too long and it did not satisfy.

//oh yes, my Harry Potter series is pending, finishing 'em.

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
No Strings Attached: 6/10 .. Hm, worth a one time watch.. :smile: :oops:

Ala Modalaindi(Telugu) - 7.5/10 ... loved the movie very much...a good love story...

Top Bottom