Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Krow

Crowman
The Shining is also another good horror classic. I will watch Rosemary's Baby on my new Samsung HTZ220. Will get an HD version for the watch. :p

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
G.I.Joe: The Rise of Cobra (HD) - 8/10. A total pop corn munching afternoon action flick. To be honest, I enjoyed this even more than Transformers 2. May be it didn't have that good 'ol cartoon feel to it, but was entertaining. Snake Eyes was personally my favourite character. His fighting style was awesome. They should have brought in more Joes like Gung-Ho, Torpedo, Psyche-Out, Snow Job (was needed for the finale) etc. But I guess we'll just have to wait for a sequel which is pretty much possible.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
A Perfect Getaway - A B-grade flick with a decent twists. Enjoyable. Something like Eden Lake(but different genre)....Both are not the mainstream cinemas but good entertainers.

But, Kanjar mentioned as sci-fi...the comments in IMDB made me an impression it being a very very romantic movie....

Is it a sci-fi ?

It both.

Il Mare 9/10

Thought of giving 10 but climax didn't satisfy me. This is not a movie about happy ending. It should have had a perfect ending.

Watch its hollywood remake for your desired perfect ending :) - The Lake House

yeah Il Mare was really good, and so was Kate and Leopold. Anyone know slow but great movies?

Romantic genre mostly -

Before Sunset
Cold Mountain
Vanilla Sky
Legends of the fall
Dear Frankie
Snow Cake
Notebook
The Fountain
Away from her
Into the wild
3-Iron
A moment to remember
Marathon

idk why people have loved PA so much.i've seen TBWP its only worth the last 2-5mins.movie is meh for someone like me who doesnt like the horror genre

These kind of movies need patience, proper environment and liking towards such genre. If you watch PA at 11 am in morning with 10 people talking nearby its hardly going to make an effect. Same movie will freak you out if you watch it at 1 am in night, alone and with appropriate ear/headphones!

Last edited:

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
These kind of movies need patience, proper environment and liking towards such genre. If you watch PA at 11 am in morning with 10 people talking nearby its hardly going to make an effect. Same movie will freak you out if you watch it at 1 am in night, alone and with appropriate ear/headphones!

tht's true

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Ajab prem - 6.5/10 ..for good songs by Atif etc....Else regular story ....

LOTR Part I- The Fellowship of the Ring -- 8/10 ..Good story....but a bit long..I am going to watch second part soon.........why LOTR films are sssssssssssssssoooooooo long

I dont like Rosemary's baby--quite boring

but THE SHINING is really gr8 by my fav director Stanley Kubrick

a_medico

Chillum Baba
My Sister's Keeper - Good tear-jerker. Saw Cameroon Diaz after a long hiatus.

The green mile - I expected it to be extraordinary. It turned out to be just good. Expectations killed it for me.

Aage se right - Good and hilarious first half. Drags in second. The south indian guy is awesome. So is Shreyas Talpade. Kay Kay Menon was average for a change.

Voices - Good Korean horror. One time watch. *www.imdb.com/title/tt1213856/

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
My Sister's Keeper - Good tear-jerker. Saw Cameroon Diaz after a long hiatus.

The green mile - I expected it to be extraordinary. It turned out to be just good. Expectations killed it for me.

Aage se right - Good and hilarious first half. Drags in second. The south indian guy is awesome. So is Shreyas Talpade. Kay Kay Menon was average for a change.

Voices - Good Korean horror. One time watch. *www.imdb.com/title/tt1213856/
Tune link sif uske liye hi diya hai, jiske liye chahiye :p:smile:;-)

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Recommend Jail and Ajab Prem Ki Gazab Kahani back to back for people who want to commit suicide.

Anyone watched Big Fish? Awesome movie. 8/10.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Maha bekaar!!! Pathetic direction, pathetic acting! Weak plot. Everything you dont want in a movie! Neil Nitin Mukesh was a cry baby in movie! :x

Total waste of money!

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Jail doesn't shine? Strange.
What about Ajab prem ki gazab kahani? Should one go for it? Rajkumar santoshi's andaaz apna apna was excellent movie.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Tune link sif uske liye hi diya hai, jiske liye chahiye :p:smile:;-)

Haan......meine type karte waqt meine hindi mein socha ki samajhdaro ko ishara hi kaafi hai ;)

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo- Interesting Swedish thriller on serial killings. Also has a rape scene which is a bit milder version of the one in Irreversible.

Top Bottom