Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

flyingcow

Shibe
300 Rise of an Empire - Waste of money.

PKSE 5/10
This movie was okish. Had potential but I think somewhere it became half baked story.
I had someone here discuss that Vidya Balan has become fat and some gentleman told its coz she is pregnant. lol. She was looking so fat and it was obvious she had put on weight instead of being pregnant.

Don Jon - 5/10

I watched this while on my quest for watching addiction movies but it didn't do much for me, I think its only average.

Next, I might watch "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

Total Siyappa - 4.5/10.. - A perfect example of how "not to make a movie".. They seemed to have a good storyline ( Family problems when Pakistani boy marries Indian Girl ), but they Turned it into a horrible mess.

Of the 4.5 rating which i gave, 2 was for Kiron kher who had the best Performance in this movie. 1 for Ali zafar, 1 for the Yami Gautam's Pretty Face ( Average acting though :/ ) & 0.5 for a Tour in London. :p

I'd say Avoid it if you can. :)

so you guys think these must be "must watch"? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

quan chi

mortal kombat
Ocean's eleven. Again.
Maybe 5th or 6th time I don't remember exactly. I don't know why I love this movie.The cast, the acting, the expressions of bernie mac!

abhidev

Human Spambot
'Space pirate- Captain Harlock' 6.5/10 superb animation and good story but less action

Last edited:

ashs1

Padawan
Silver Linings Playbook : 7/10 - Wonderful movie & great casting !!
One line Summary - Bradley cooper is just out of a rehab ( for extreme violence/fighting ) & is trying to get back on his feet. :)
- The story that is told in this film is not just about individuals going through a rough time, but the complicated relationship they have with their friends/family/Outer World.

Bradley Cooper was Fantastic but for me, it was Jennifer Lawrence who has yet again swept me off my feet with her Awesome Acting. !! :)

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Battle Royale 6/10

Heard so much awesomeness about this movie. IDK what should appreciate about this movie...
Concept: May be new at the year 2000 but I had already seen numerous movies in this genre. Did not surprise me.
Violence: Again, goten used to those scenes.
Acting: Pathetic by all

Sorry fanboys, can't agree with you here.

b/w a_medico and faun....any comments on "Sleep Tight" ?

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
@rhitwick : I would just say watch it . Movies like this make me reflect how pathetic hollywood suspense movies are nowadays ie. too much focus on twists, big stars and shallow scripts. They should learn a thing or two from european cinema.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
300 - Part II 3D - 6.5/10

Now this is the best 3D that I have seen till date. Just awesome. Even though the specs i had weren't good, the effects were amazing.

Story wise: liked the way it starts before 300 and continues... but there are a few loose strings in the story.
Acting was good. Nice to see Eva Green in a negative role.

The Lone Ranger - 6/10

Johnny Depp is awesome. Apart from Leo, He should win some oscars too.

About the movie.. its damn long.. 3hours.. :|
kinda okay movie, one time watch.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@rhitwick : I would just say watch it . Movies like this make me reflect how pathetic hollywood suspense movies are nowadays ie. too much focus on twists, big stars and shallow scripts. They should learn a thing or two from european cinema.

I've seen it, rated it 9/10. Just wanted to know their opinion.

Top Bottom