Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
However it's when you discuss about SRK and your fanaticism about him that's quite annoying.
Its even annoying when you criticize an actor without watching 'THE' movie.

Aamir Khan of all would'nt over act.
That's your arrogance speaking. He's a human and has every right to commit mistake.......like other human beings.
Though he may have done in couple of movies .
I'm glad that you have the courage to admit that. Aamir khan has an image like a GOD who can't commit mistake and always perfect. And, doing 'Dhoom 3' he has proved that. In previous movies the stories were so brilliant that his faults were shadowed but in D3 proved even he can make mistake.

but definitely the overacting part is done mostly by SRK among all the successful actors/stars. That's a fact.
I would agree to this the day when you would agree he's not alone.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Its even annoying when you criticize an actor without watching 'THE' movie.
Are you referring to my comments on CE even before watching it.
If I did that then I'm Sorry for being prejudiced

That's your arrogance speaking. He's a human and has every right to commit mistake.......like other human beings.
Agree but I have a feeling he does the overacting part a little lesser as compared to other actors like SRK, Shahid Kapur & Co

I'm glad that you have the courage to admit that. Aamir khan has an image like a GOD who can't commit mistake and always perfect. And, doing 'Dhoom 3' he has proved that. In previous movies the stories were so brilliant that his faults were shadowed but in D3 proved even he can make mistake.

So you are saying all movies or most of the movies that starred SRK had sloppy stories,direction, screenplay and he covered them with his brilliant acting(Overacting). Would this be Swades, Chak De India, Devdas, DDLJ
or
Main Hoon Na, RA ONE, Om Shanti Om

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Dhoom 3 7.5/10
I thought Aamir Khan had gone nuts doing this kind of movie before watching the movie.
But realised that even in a movie like Dhoom Aamir Khan stood out from his fine display of acting.
May not be a great piece of art but definitely worth watching.

THIS.
Exactly,They movie isn't go great.
But Aamir acting is top class

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Open grave - Good twisted movie. Direction is a bit like 28 days later. Would have been a great movie, only if the concept were original.

ajayritik

Technomancer
I would call that "Star power" what even Salman Khan has. Makes a movie hit just by being in it.

Hope I answered your question.
Comparing SRK with Salman is such a naive thing. That too you being an SRK Fan.
Though I'm not SRK fan I would say SRK is much better actor than Salman.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Comparing SRK with Salman is such a naive thing. That too you being an SRK Fan.
Though I'm not SRK fan I would say SRK is much better actor than Salman.

:banghead:

I'm not comparing them on any ground. Comparing them with Aamir. SRK and Salman has 'star power'. Both of them acted in pure shitty movies but the movie was a hit because people went to see him (very few actually go to movie to see their acting) which is not the case with Aamir. Aamir is branded as 'thinking man's actor' so the disappointment is more when he does bad movies/bad acting.

And, trust me...when I say Aamir still is no star...he hardly has any blind supporters like bhaitards or SRKians. People would stop watching his movies if he fails to deliver 2-3 movies consecutively.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
No of Movies by SRK >> No of Movies by Aamir

No of Flop Movies SRK >> No of Flop Movies by Aamir

Note: the above might be incorrect..its just my assumption :-D

harsh1387

Broken In
You must be kidding when you said Aamir is no star. There isn't anything like a 'thinking actor'. Either you can act or you can't. And he is the best actor among 3 khan's.
Even in the shyt Dhoom 3 his acting is very good. Bad script+ bad screenplay + bad direction + Abhishek and uday are the reason movie is crap.
And for God sake don't compare Salman with anyone cos he simply can't act in any movie.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

No, you are right. I've done data analysis (simple excel :D )

SRK's hit to flop ratio is better than Aamir's.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
So you guys are now judging the quality of an indian movie by the hit or flop status at box office :confused: . So the best movie ever will be dhoom 3 followed by krrish 3 followed by chennai express. Am i rite :p

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Hey guys, can anyone suggest good pure adventure movies . I loved the first hobbit and want some more adventure stories to watch. You can also cross off LOTR from the list

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

I'm planning to watch "Raiders of the Lost ark" soon, I guess it might fit what you are looking for.

ajayritik

Technomancer
SRK and Salman have 'star power'. Both of them acted in pure shitty movies but the movie were a hit because people went to see them (very few actually go to movie to see their acting) which is not the case with Aamir. Aamir is branded as 'thinking man's actor' so the disappointment is more when he does bad movies/bad acting.

And, trust me...when I say Aamir still is no star...he hardly has any blind supporters like bhaitards or SRKians. People would stop watching his movies if he fails to deliver 2-3 movies consecutively.

Can you list some bad movies done by Aamir khan in the past decade according to your standards.

So you think a movie like Ghajini is great for it to be successful or the movie is just about ok and it's only due to Aamir Khan's star power the movie was a big hit.
Would a movie like Taare Zameen Par be as successful if it didn't have an Aamir Khan backing. Different movie by the same director Stanley ka Dabba was great but was hardly successful. So you don't think Aamir Khan has the star power to make movies not in popular genre to work?

I feel you are sleeping when you say Aamir is not a star. One of the few stars who can act as well I should say.
Had read somewhere in an interview where Abhishek was telling that he is one of the main characters in Dhoom and not Aamir , he has been in part of Dhoom. However there was not a single scene in which Abhishek dominated Aamir. Aamir was all over AB in almost all the scenes. Simply superb. I would say one of the finest performances among all the Dhoom series.

You must be kidding when you said Aamir is no star. There isn't anything like a 'thinking actor'. Either you can act or you can't. And he is the best actor among 3 khan's.
Even in the shyt Dhoom 3 his acting is very good. Bad script+ bad screenplay + bad direction + Abhishek and uday are the reason movie is crap.
And for God sake don't compare Salman with anyone cos he simply can't act in any movie.
Absolutely agree with every statement you made.

What was this analogy for Zangetsu?

So you guys are now judging the quality of an indian movie by the hit or flop status at box office :confused: . So the best movie ever will be dhoom 3 followed by krrish 3 followed by chennai express. Am i rite :p

I'm not judging the quality based on the box office performance.
Krissh 3 was a crap of a movie. D3 movie maybe ok but it may not be the best movie around. Same applies for CE as D3.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Can you list some bad movies done by Aamir khan in the past decade according to your standards.

So you think a movie like Ghajini is great for it to be successful or the movie is just about ok and it's only due to Aamir Khan's star power the movie was a big hit.
Would a movie like Taare Zameen Par be as successful if it didn't have an Aamir Khan backing. Different movie by the same director Stanley ka Dabba was great but was hardly successful. So you don't think Aamir Khan has the star power to make movies not in popular genre to work?

I feel you are sleeping when you say Aamir is not a star. One of the few stars who can act as well I should say.
Had read somewhere in an interview where Abhishek was telling that he is one of the main characters in Dhoom and not Aamir , he has been in part of Dhoom. However there was not a single scene in which Abhishek dominated Aamir. Aamir was all over AB in almost all the scenes. Simply superb. I would say one of the finest performances among all the Dhoom series.

Absolutely agree with every statement you made.

What was this analogy for Zangetsu?

I'm not judging the quality based on the box office performance.
Krissh 3 was a crap of a movie. D3 movie maybe ok but it may not be the best movie around. Same applies for CE as D3.
hrithik roshan is till now the best in dhoom series IMO.....

Top Bottom