Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

digitfan

Right Off the Assembly Line
Re: The Movie Review Thread

Hemlock Society (Bengali, Drama) 8.5/10
Concept: I'm really amazed by the concept of the movie. I have never seen such a movie in any language.
Maybe you skipped the english language.
You Don't Know Jack (TV 2010) - IMDb

There is no originality.that idiot director is still idiot.

Last edited:

hellscream666

Broken In
one another movie which I think is worth a watch is "The Man from Earth" (2007)
A nice and soft science fiction movie, might be a bit controversial among certain groups but overall a good watch.
Do not expect any mind blowing actions and revelations, just kind of an intellectual movie

TechnoFan

Bazinga!
@rhitwick, Vyom, sam9s
All right guys. Thanks for replying. I've queued them in my to-watch movie list. Will watch them in a day or two.

And as far as your answers is concerned, I think sam9s have already given you those.
Did he? How does exactly "Its all related to how software code works, acts. Specially computer virus and anti virus. What do you think Matrix was." is the answer for my Mirror scene questions.. :-? Break it down for me.

@rhitwick: I live about 5 mins away from Kaikhali. :)

Following (1998) - 8/10.

abhidev

Human Spambot
Watched 'Abraham Lincoln - The vampire Hunter'....and man I loved it...8/10....the special effects are top notch...story is good...direction is good...and I would recommend it to watch it in 3D....it has really good 3D effects.

Krow

Crowman
Matrix 1 was an excellent movie with deep philosophical intonations. The other two are just Hollywood entertainers. Some people liked that, some didn't.

The philosophy drew me to Matrix, which is why I didn't enjoy the other two as much. Not to day they were bad films, just not anywhere close to the first one.

vipul619

whodiswhodat
No hollywood in Orissa where i am right now, so instead of Abe Lincoln watched Cocktail.
1st half - 10/10 ultimate fun!!
2nd half - fcked up 1/10.. :/

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Did he? How does exactly "Its all related to how software code works, acts. Specially computer virus and anti virus. What do you think Matrix was." is the answer for my Mirror scene questions.. :-? Break it down for me.

Lol.. go figure :p

Saahib

Cyborg Agent
Are they good? Most people say that the 2nd and the 3rd movie are a big letdown and has lots of uninteresting story twists and plot holes. So, I'm kind of iffy about watching the rest of the trilogy..and move to other movies in my backlog. So, can you answer them for me now? :-?
I was very young at that time, still I watched them altogether when they all 3 were released, though had watched them already when they were released one by one. Your question reminded me of school time when boys used to say... what a great movie yaar and when you want to know their views regarding specific parts.. they used to get blank..

Also, if people are saying its uninteresting then they are wrong, may be they never grasped the idea behind movie, may be they will never get it either :p

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
back from evening show of Eega. really impressed with the movie. specially Sudeep, I was very skeptical about this movie, really enjoyed it. in this current world of brainless action, expressionless actors, scriptless movies I had lost hope in the Indian industry. This movie proved me wrong. I will watch all of Sudeeps movies.

8/10

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
back from evening show of Eega. really impressed with the movie. specially Sudeep, I was very skeptical about this movie, really enjoyed it. in this current world of brainless action, expressionless actors, scriptless movies I had lost hope in the Indian industry. This movie proved me wrong. I will watch all of Sudeeps movies.

8/10

It's not bad as you make it sound.:mrgreen: We have a steady stream of good Indian Cinema.But yes,worthless movies outnumber them 10 to 1.

Krow

Crowman
T1, 2 were a better package for me. And so were Alien and Aliens.

Like I said, that whole bit about Neo discovering himself and his powers was done really well. After he got his powers, it wasn't as appealing to me.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Alien was more horror and less action. Aliens was more action and less horror and had a lot of cameron-ish sci fi elements too ;)

cyborg47

Technomancer
And Prometheus is like which? I hope it's more like Aliens.

Depends on what you're expecting, its definitely not horror, not at all. But more of a philosophical film. The downside could be that it might leave too much to your imagination, and if you are a true xenomorph and its mythology's nerd, you'll definitely like it. There are some things that go as far as referencing Jesus Christ too, but you'll have to look deeper for that. In the end, its a film that leaves a lot to your imagination, something like what Inception and Shutter Island did.
On the technical level, the 3D was possibly the best one I had seen, and the sound effects in the theater I saw the movie in were mind blowing, the visuals were great too ;) It might not be a typical pop corn movie, but definitely something different and interesting.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Schindler's List

Re-watched a couple of movies:
Pan's Labyrinth
Spirited Away
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
Stardust

And a special mention to this movie (All Around Us), ordinary, but a lot I learned from this:
[YOUTUBE]_0jqfiwA3J8[/YOUTUBE]

Top Bottom