Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Devil - Story by M. Shyamalan. I expected it to be very tense film. It is not. But good timepass movie. The end twist is not that great.

The American - George Clooney movie. Love story. Very slow. Has a feel of In Bruges to it (not humor, but directionwise). Extensively shot in Europe. Different but slow.

Offtopic - I have RS and HF and I want to go for FS. So fileserve or filesonic? Your opinion please.

Rahim

Married!
King of Kings
Story of Brian
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Infernal Affairs Trilogy
Stand by Me
Grave of The Fireflies
My neighbour Totoro
Tokyo Story
Maqbool
The Moon
A Face in the Crowd

Devil - Story by M. Shyamalan. I expected it to be very tense film. It is not. But good timepass movie. The end twist is not that great.

The American - George Clooney movie. Love story. Very slow. Has a feel of In Bruges to it (not humor, but directionwise). Extensively shot in Europe. Different but slow.

Offtopic - I have RS and HF and I want to go for FS. So fileserve or filesonic? Your opinion please.

go for
file sonic....

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Watched some really good Old Hindi Flicks this weekend.

Pushpak -10/10
Chasme Badoor - 8/10
Katha - 9/10

Any recco like last two movies? Really loved 'em!

Next in line, Shatranj Ke Khiladi

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Watched some really good Old Hindi Flicks this weekend.

Pushpak -10/10
Chasme Badoor - 8/10
Katha - 9/10

Any recco like last two movies? Really loved 'em!

Next in line, Shatranj Ke Khiladi
I can only say "Choti si baat" and do check out Hrishikesh Mukherjee movies

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
PS :: BTW the movie has 3 endings, 1. The original director ending, 2. Studio Ending 3. Theatrical ending (done by Spielberg) ..... if anyone watches the movie do describe which ending they had, (ofcourse with spoilers warning)
I've seen the original ending first, the theatrical ending. Did not know it had a studio ending...is it any different?
Because
in original ending Katiel kills micah, comes to bedroom and sits there rocking. Police find her next day and kills her. In theatrical ending she suddenly comes to bedroom and looks directly camera and smiles. END.
What more can there be for studio ending?
Is Micah alive or he also became a demon?

OFFTOPIC :::: How can you share a link in your signature ...... without actually posting the entire link. URL tag does not work ,,, Any ideas .....
I don't think links in sigs are allowed in TDF.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
DEVIL if people out here have watched this movie just like another run of the mill thriller then they have missed most of the true essence....... I watched it very carefully with subs and every situation shown in the movie has a motive according to the laws stated above, and most of the points are explained if you looks, watch carefully....

:)

By the way, I watch every movie with subs. I don't like to miss minute details while watching a movie. I didn't say I didn't enjoy the movie though. Its just that I had different expectations. I'd still recommend it.

Though, I quite agree with your PA views. I think even I posted similar views here after watching PA. It made me quite restless. Most horror movie don't. I liked the original ending over theatrical ending. Didn't see studio ending. Waiting for PA2 DVD but I am not expecting much. Thing is, the review is - it has similar ambiance, which should be interesting.

P.S. - Dread is the movie which had similar impact on me. Made me feel uneasy, even after watching it. Though it's not a horror, the buildup is slow and the ambiance grows on you. This feeling is subjective though. Not necessarily, everybody will feel the same. I guess that must be the reason of its very low rating on imdb.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
:)
I liked the original ending over theatrical ending.
Me too :D

P.S. - Dread is the movie which had similar impact on me. Made me feel uneasy, even after watching it. Though it's not a horror, the buildup is slow and the ambiance grows on you. This feeling is subjective though. Not necessarily, everybody will feel the same. I guess that must be the reason of its very low rating on imdb.
And me did not...

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys your suggestions on the below movies
1. Takers
2. The Town
3. Legend of the Guardians
4. Identity

Last edited:
Top Bottom