Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Krow

Crowman
@ Ethan I misquoted him. I actually meant to quote only the first part. Edited now.

@ Sam9s: Terminator 2 is one of my favourites. According to me, T1 was better, but T2 is awesome in its own way. :D

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Ikigami - How come they(Asian filmmakers) come up with such out of the world scripts? Hats off to the director for this wonderful movie. Thank you all for recommending. A must watch.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Loins of Punjab 7.5/10

Yeah...at last got it

Good slapstick comedy not very sleek editing but does its job. Dialogs are sharp and keep an watchful for those subtle touches of comedy and mockery....

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Loins of Punjab 7.5/10

Yeah...at last got it

Good slapstick comedy not very sleek editing but does its job. Dialogs are sharp and keep an watchful for those subtle touches of comedy and mockery....
I jumped at the very joy of knowing that it had finally came out. It's been ages since this movie was released. I remember watching it in cinema and laughing our asses off. The movie was hilarious, one of those rare desi-videshi mix themes. Nothing compared to American Desi, but still dam funny. OMG! Ishitta Sharma looks so cute in this movie.

On a side note, Blu-Ray release for Mortal Kombat and Mortal Kombat: Annihilation is out now. I'm off to get both of 'em followed by Evil Dead Trilogy. It's great to see these classic films getting their due high definition credit.

D

Deleted member 26636

GENERATION KILL - its not a movie but an HBO miniseries of 7 episodes.it is based on the bestselling book by the same name,written by a journalist who spent 2 months with US marines in iraq.it chronicles the early days of the iraq war through the perspective of a recon marine unit.the 7 episodes are each an hour long.filled with gritty scenes of the war & how the soldiers had to cope with the incompetency of their superiors. A must watch for everyone who liked The Hurt Locker.

Last edited by a moderator:

ajaybc

Youngling

Mary And Max
: 10/10

The BEST animation movie I have seen in my life.Superb story(based on a true story) characters,presentation and humour.
Will beat UP! any day any hour.
BTW I loved UP!
Please please watch it

quan chi

mortal kombat
wanted: weapons of fate
*i132.photobucket.com/albums/q11/lalacreek/smiley/down.gif

raaz 2
mohit suri or vikram bhatt or maybe both watches some nice hollywood horror movies.

mixes some of them even lifts some scenes exactly identical to the original counterparts.
adds some meaningless elements/dialogues in between and makes an interesting opening which keeps the suspense till the end of the movie.

In the end no one is satisfied.(not sure about the director though:D)

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Spider Forest - What a movie!! Heavy Lynchian effect. For those who loved this movie, I'd also like to recommend Triangle, which is equally good.

ajaybc

Youngling
^Gotta check that out.

You SHOULD..REALLY....It is really nice.
And you should also check out Coraline which is a Tim Burton like creepy stop motion animation movie which is also great but not as great as Mary and Max IMHO :)

a_medico

Chillum Baba
I am listing some offbeat movies which I assume, very few members on this thread must have watched. These won't match everyone's taste but of a selected few. Do give them a try at your leisure. I have mentioned them earlier but they must be dispersed in this thread which has become so vast!

Before Sunset
- Maybe most of you have already seen it. But this one is not to be missed. Only 2 characters with wonderful chemistry.

Chasing Amy- One of the most complex movies on relationships.

Closer-Watch out for the opening track. A movie on screwed relationships.

Dear Frankie-Senti movie starring Gerard Butler.

In Bruges-Different ganster movie with some good humor. Great acting by the leads.

Sublime - A good medical thriller with a little mindfcuk.

The Fall- Visually stunning. You must have never seen India so beautifully captured by Tarsem Singh. Another good movie by him after The Cell. Also watch out for the small girl who has acted wonderfully.

The Skeleton Key - Good thriller with a twist.

Let the right one in - Vampire love story. Arguably the best Vampire movie out there.

Departures
- The Oscar winner from Japan. I really wonder how they bring such wonderful scripts out of nowhere. A must watch.

The Broken - A bit slow but amazing movie about the clones (?Doppelganger)

Case 39 - Horror movie. Worth a watch.

Tulpan - Kazakh movie. A movie about survival with subtle humor. A must watch.

Dog Soldiers - From the director of ? The Descent. Good British horror.

Ikigami - Great script. Only Japanese can make such movies. A must watch.

Spider Forest
- David Lynch type brainfcuk movie. Amazing direction. A must watch.

Triangle - Similar description as above. A must watch.

Matrubhoomi: A nation without women - A movie set in futuristic village in Bihar where there are no women left due to infanticide. A unique movie from bollywood.

Hazaaron Khwaishein Ais
i - Another great bollywood product by Sudhir Mishra. Great acting by Shiney Ahuja, Chitrangada Singh and Kay Kay.

Beerfest - Good timepass comedy.

Clerks- Good humor. A movie by Kevin Smith.

Black Water - A movie on a croc attach. Very effectively made.

Stay - Another brainfcuk movie.

The Tape - Shot in a single room with 3 characters. Great acting.

Marathon - I started watching Asian movies with this one. Great direction and acting.

Dancer in the dark - This movie will break your heart.

Away from her - If you loved Notebook, you will love this even more.

Chupke se
- Offbeat comedy from bollywood which went unnoticed.

Into the wild - True story of a man who gave up all to go to Alaska. One of the best soundtracks. A must watch.

Sita Sings The Blues - Animated movie by Nina Paley. A must watch. Available free for download on the director's website.

Solaris - A bit slow but great psychological movie set on the spaceship Solaris. George Clooney.

The Beach
- Different story starring Leonardo.

The Lake House
- Hollywood remake of the korean movie Il Mare.

The Fountain - Another masterpiece from the director of Requiem for the dream. Awesome soundtrack.

The Hamiltons - B grade horror movie from the horrorfest few years back. A good watch.

Gunda - Mother of all Indian movies. Was highest rated Indian movie on imdb not too long ago. Directed by none other than Kanti Shah with unique and mindblowing(literally) script by Bashir Baber. Highly recommended.

There must be many more. I have a feeling I have left out many Asian, Spanish and French movies. But these are the ones I could recall as on today.

Last edited:

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Love Sex Aur Dhoka - A bit stretched but a good change from the regular movies. Have a feeling of REC (just in the camera handling and direction). Great great title track at the end of the movie. Already humming it.

Krow

Crowman
Sita Sings The Blues - Animated movie by Nina Paley. A must watch. Available free for download on the director's website.
Seen this one at a film festival. Pretty good, but the songs bored me a lot. I liked the content a lot. Amazing film but for the songs.
Solaris - A bit slow but great psychological movie set on the spaceship Solaris. George Clooney.
Have you seen its original? It is called Solyaris by Andrey Tarkovsky. Russian film. I recommend this and also Stalker by the same director. Both are sci-fi gems, recommended to me. Yet to watch either. :(

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Love Sex Aur Dhoka - A bit stretched but a good change from the regular movies. Have a feeling of REC (just in the camera handling and direction).

Just what I felt. :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Clash of the Titans (3D) 7.5/10

Where's the 3D??? In 3D quality its a kid to Avatar, even sometimes I removed my glasses and found the picture as clear as wearing those glasses!!!

If anyone of you are thinking of watching it in 3D, well I would advice don't do it. Watch it in normal theater.

Now on movie. Story is based on greek mythology.

Sam worthington did a good job rest all don't have much to contribute in acting. Good SFX, those monsters are a treat to watch in big screen. Its a total fun no-brain movie. Go for pure paisa wasool treat, expecting else would be a turn down...

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Ikigami - How come they(Asian filmmakers) come up with such out of the world scripts? Hats off to the director for this wonderful movie. Thank you all for recommending. A must watch.

just watched...awesome movie, script.
thanx for the recommendation

als2

Journeyman

Mary And Max
: 10/10

The BEST animation movie I have seen in my life.Superb story(based on a true story) characters,presentation and humour.
Will beat UP! any day any hour.
BTW I loved UP!
Please please watch it

completely agree

great movie

Top Bottom