Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

nac

Aspiring Novelist
75yrs of Chandralekha
How Vasan’s ‘Chandralekha,’ released 75 years ago, set a pan-Indian trend
The Tamil film, which was dubbed in Hindi, was not only a mega success across the country but also made Madras a filmmaking hub - The Hindu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Jawan (2023) - 7/10

Action is good and the background music. Plot is good. 1st half is interesting. 2nd half is weak. Climax could have been better.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Jawan (2023) - 7/10

Action is good and the background music. Plot is good. 1st half is interesting. 2nd half is weak. Climax could have been better.
But why was the original movie flop?

Very contrasting scenario.
Jawan and Gadar 2 success.
And the upcoming election.

shreeux

Movie Buff
Jawan (2023) - 7/10

All in One

7 Aum Arivu
Ramana
Baahubali
Theri
Mersal
Bigil
Villu
Oru Kaidhiyin Diary
Money Heist
Apocalypto
Arrambam
Yennai Arindhaal
....etc

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Saw X (2023) - 8/10
After a long time in the series they made it excellent again. Saw 1 & Saw 2 were the best ones in the series and now Saw X.
John Kramer is back with a Bang!!!

Saw fans will enjoy this one.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Ah shit. I liked the Saw series but over the period of time I have the lost the stomach for gore movies. May be I should give another try. Hmmm...

icebags

Technomancer
Visited the last day of Japan film festival at South City INOX Kolkata & watched Anime Supremacy!

Movie was about the struggles faced by employees, in Japanese anime industry. It was based on some novel, like many other Japanese live-action movies, and was made pretty nicely. Definitely recommended.

However, there were still some sublime hints about following their toxic "overwork & relying on utopic activities during free time for stress release" culture, which I don;t really agree with. But, those are easy to ignore, and it was quite immersive experience with anime cut scenes and concepts in between.

They even gifted the audience a free Japanese highlighter as promotion. :clap2:

IMG_20240121.jpg

And well, during the movie all the audience appeared to be school & college kids, without much presence of middle age otakus like us, which kinda made us feel creepy. :|

And almost forgetting to tell, some of those kids came wearing their cosplay outfits, including the Japanese announcer person himself. May be I just experienced my first cosplay experience in India. May be, except, last time when I went to watch Assassin's Creed, some guys came wearing hoodies.

Trailer for whoever want to take a look.

icebags

Technomancer
overwork & relying on utopic activities during free time for stress release

can you explain more ?

well, people tend to live a work oriented life there. and overwork stretching multiple days are reportedly common. and there had been histories a death from overwork exhaustion. i think report can be found for these stuff over internet.

Top Bottom