move stuff from gmail to google apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
hi all,

i m not sure if this has has been posted here before but i feel many do not know a workaround to move mails n stuff from your gmail account to your google apps account.

I didnt find any method while searching the net but thought of the following workaround and it worked fine.

1. Close all your mail applications (like Outlook or mobile device) from where you download your mails.
2. Get into your gmail account, goto settings, Forwarding and POP/IMAP and select Enable POP for all mail.
3. Get back to your google apps mail.
4. Enter the Gmail POP settings in your google Apps mail and all the mails and chats will be transferred from your gmail to your google Apps mail. It takes atleast 6 hours for 200 odd MB of mail. So you can calculate how long it would take for your a/c.
5. Contact list doesnt seem get transferred so you may have to do it manually by exporting it to excel and back to gppgle apps mail.

This method saves you the trouble of downloading mails to your HDD and uploading it agian.

Hope this helps.
@mods
Since i discovered this myself i m not posting any source. If you folks have already read it somewhere plz let me know.

thanks
iinfi

Last edited:

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
I guess this is a follow-up to this post *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84723 :D

Nice Idea :cool: I didnt think we could use this feature to clone our accounts :p

Infact I use this to fwd emails from all my blog domains to a single account

*img91.imageshack.us/img91/3013/gapps1oh3.jpg

Let me add some screenshots to make this clear ;)

Settings > Accounts

*img91.imageshack.us/img91/3117/gappsstep1gw4.jpg

Click on Add Another Email Account

*img91.imageshack.us/img91/2401/gappsstep2qd9.jpg

*img91.imageshack.us/img91/9172/gappsstep3ye9.jpg

If you also want to send email through that another account :D

*img91.imageshack.us/img91/1180/gappsstep4vf1.jpg

*img91.imageshack.us/img91/2695/gappsstep5gh2.jpg

*img91.imageshack.us/img91/3241/gappsstep6fr0.jpg

*img91.imageshack.us/img91/8347/gappsstep7vm1.jpg

thats all! a new email account is added... you can add only upto 5 accounts :(

as iinfi did we can clone our gmail accounts :D