Mouse jerking randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I bought a new optical mouse Samsung pleomax.
Strange thing with it is that either the mouse pinter jumps to the side of the screen randomly or it start jerking slowly to 1 side & I can see the mouse pointer moving.

I uninstalled & reinstalled it but that does not solve te problem, the mouse did not came with any driver so I am using the XP inbuilt driver which was used with earlier mouse also & it worked fine.

What could be the problem, is the mouse faulty?

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
On ur suggestion I used a newspaper / book top/ mousepad/ underneath the mouse but the jerking still is the same, my old optical mouse works perfectly on my computer table top.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
oho, then can be a Hardware problem. Change the "Reports per second" to 200 in the mouse hardware properties and see.
Play with those settings(increase or decrease) till you get a steady pointer.

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
there can be two possibilities
1) faulty mouse
2) faulty pad

it happens to me too...........my pad is faulty....:)

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Yep, happened to me too,
Faulty pad, removed it and t'was fine.
And i use a samsung mouse too.Not PleoMax though.

Regards,
ray

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
oho, then can be a Hardware problem. Change the "Reports per second" to 200 in the mouse hardware properties and see.
Play with those settings(increase or decrease) till you get a steady pointer.
Ok let me try this & I will report back if it works or not , though my last mouse was working fine at these default settings.
Faulty pad, removed it and t'was fine.
I dont understand this, how can be a pad be faulty? its just a rubber/velvet/cloth surface.

als2

Journeyman
i had a same problem last month but now i am using black colour pad and no more mouse pointer problem

maybe faulty mouse hardware is responsible

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Lucky_star
I changed the setting to 200 & got a new mouse pad but the problem still remains, the mouse still jerks & jumps randomly.
Seems I need to go for a replacement.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
In rare cases, the problem will be with the sensor[ponter jumps to screen corner]. It can be minimised by some tricks like opening the mouse nd attaching alluminium foils for better channeling of the light to underside of mouse. But 100% cure is not possible.
And if u get a new one, buy Microsoft basic. They are gud, but feel too weightless. U can open it nd attach some weights with bus nd bolts nd make it better for gaming.
And get some cloth surfaced mouse pads.

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
buy a black optical mouse pad, don't use ordinary mouse pad.
I have never used a pad with my optical mouse so don't know much are there specific mouse pad for optical mouse?

Meanwhile I checked the mouse on both XP & vista & in both cases it jerks so it is indeed hardware problem. Need to get it replaced.

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
How much is it available for & what price approx?

Is this a pad for optical mouse.
*hardware.gotfrag.com/files/upload/shoes_mousepads_f30.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom