mouse flikers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujeet2555

In the zone
i have a logitech scroll 3-button mouse .it was running fine for last 2 yrs untill it starts to move in violantly in vertical axis only.i can not click any buttons,pointer moves so rapidly.i have cleaned it ,change settings,re-installed,re-plugged the cord but still it stays fine for a moment then it starts flikering.device manager shows it fine.is my mouse is faulty or some software problem?

goobimama

 Macboy
It happens with optical mice. They say in their ads that this stuff doesn't happen, but it does. I must also add that the mice with the Logitech MX Optical Engine (not the normal logitech mice) onboard do not offtrack... I think Microsoft also has something like this...

OP
sujeet2555

sujeet2555

In the zone
sujeet2555 said:
i have a logitech scroll 3-button mouse .it was running fine for last 2 yrs untill it starts to move in violantly in vertical axis only.i can not click any buttons,pointer moves so rapidly.i have cleaned it ,change settings,re-installed,re-plugged the cord but still it stays fine for a moment then it starts flikering.device manager shows it fine.is my mouse is faulty or some software problem?

no,no i have a ball mouse.

goobimama

 Macboy
Ball mouse! Well then I guess its just the dirt that is accumulated. As ashnik says, clean the rollers as well as the ball.... Don't know what else to say.

OP
sujeet2555

sujeet2555

In the zone
goobimama said:
Ball mouse! Well then I guess its just the dirt that is accumulated. As ashnik says, clean the rollers as well as the ball.... Don't know what else to say.

hey guys it is not the dirt.my roller and ball are all clear.i know that with dirty roller the movement of the pointer becomes erattic.but in my case it moves up to down on its own without touching the mouse.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
sujeet2555 wrote:
i have a logitech scroll 3-button mouse .it was running fine for last 2 yrs untill it starts to move in violantly in vertical axis only
Well it moves Voilantly in vertical axis means tat wen u try to move ur mouse it only moves in VERTICAL DIRECTION RITE ??

Taking this point in mind just try this steps:

Well jus remove the ball and with ur finger jus try and roll the rollers one by one.. (there are 3 rollers inside the mouse) jus try and move each roller with ur finger. It seems tat ur HORIZONTAL axis roller is damaged or maybe bent so tats the reason y the ball cannot touch the DRUM of the roller....

Cheers n e-peace...

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
Could be 2 reasons .. in my opinion

1. The sensor for vertical movement of mouse has gone crazy. Electronic gadget .. can happen.

2. Problem in mouse port or your motherboard.

In any case it's gotta be a hardware problem.

There is a thread over similar problem
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8618&highlight=mouse
If you read that thread you'll see that even I had similar problem ( long time ago .. the thread I created then has been deleted. )

Only sensible solution is changing your hardware, either mouse or motherboard. Check which one is faulty by using someone else's mouse on your MB and your mouse of other's MB.

-----
alibi

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Hmm...
I have a Microsoft Scroll mouse (aka "ball" mouse).
This also "flickers" but when I move my mouse, it's ok and becomes normal.
That's not due to Dust for sure as it was like this from the time I got it.

Lol.. even I posted in that thread that ali bhai posted :d
See I have had that problem long time ago and still is...

By the way... no one will be interested in changing their mobo for this small issue.

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
just unscrew tne mouse and clean the PCB, if this does not help
then
then
Logitech Optical mice start at Rs. 350/-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom