Motorola ZN5 -> Worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
hey guys
just a few days back got a Nokia 5800XM after selling my N82.evrything is gr8 with the fone xcept the cam which just plain crap & sh!t especially @ night.even the K790i takes better pics.

so i'm again in the hunt for a gud 5MP cam fone.
my choices were :
1>Samsung F480 TouchWiz
2>SE C902
3>SE G900i
4>Nokia N79/N85
5>Motorola ZN5

C902 is out of the list cuz of it small display.its just freaking 2" and that too on a 5MP cam fone....

Went 2 the motostore and got the motozine ZN5 2night for testing.from wat i've found till now is:
+ve points
Audio quality is just awesome.its even better than the 5800XM.
Cam seems to be gr8.Xenon flash is gud.pics seem to be better than my prev N82.hav to test it 2morrow in daylight.
the fone luks & feels gr8 in hand.

-ve points:
there r probs with the Xenon flash algorithms.flash doesnt always fire with the reqd strength
the UI is slow and by slow i mean slower thanany s60v3 fone that i've used.
cam sometimes showing "Out of memory.Close some apps 1st" warning msg.

After reading this wat wud u ppl suggest me to do?go for the ZN5?

also i dont hav the MPT software.using the 5800XM data cable to connect.hav installed the modem drivers but i cant connect it to MO from the pc.
called up Airtel CC and they said that the dailing no from pc wud be *99***1#.
tried that but it didnt work.
so cud some1 guide me as to how i sud go bout using the ZN5 as a modem?

Thnx & Regards,
HellGate

also i cudnt get the modeshift thing to work.
so any more help guys?

Last edited:
OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ difference in price bet the 2?

also wat software do i use to connect the ZN5 to pc to surf net??MPT 5 doesnt support the fone.

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Go for ZN5 if you can live with the following:
Slow UI, specially when listening to music.It takes more than a few seconds sometimes for it to respond to a keystroke.
Crap Video recording ability for a 5 MP phone.
Lack of available contents like themes.
Lack of 3G.
The screen, despite not being a touchscreen, it has a magical tendency to attract fingerprint smudges out of nowhere.
cam sometimes showing "Out of memory.Close some apps 1st" warning msg.
Must be some problem in the piece you tried.Never seen it on my phone.The cam of ZN5 is blazing fast.
also i cudnt get the modeshift thing to work.
Meaning.?Modeshift is just those three extra keys that light up when you use the cam or view images from gallery.

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ they dont light up...
newayz the 1 that i've brought for testing was a live demo set at the motostore.

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
^^^ they dont light up...
newayz the 1 that i've brought for testing was a live demo set at the motostore.
Must be defect in the piece.On my ZN5, when I press the key below the left selection key from home screen, the phone shows the image gallery and the three keys on the keypad, used for deleting image, sharing image, and switching between camera and gallery light up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom