motorola razr maxx vs sony xperia s

samudragupta

Youngling
Hi friends as the title suggests, i am looking to get a phone by the end of september. I have pretty much made up my mind for the maxx however i would like to know your views as well. Or should i wait for the new xperia range and iphone 5? Budget can be extended to 36k. I know iphone 5 will be 50k at launch but then would it be worth the wait. Pls no samsung recommendations here. Thanks friends...

randomuser111

Technomancer
If you care about battery life then get the Maxx. Otherwise get the Sony Xperia S. It has a serious advantage over any other phone currently on sale in India right now as its now an unofficial "Nexus" class phone. So it will get all the Android updates much before most other phones. :) And there is no guarantee future Xperia phones will also be included in the "Nexus" club.

OP
samudragupta

samudragupta

Youngling
thanks guys... BTW i just read on gsmarena that moto is launching droid HD... i just wanted to know if there is a massive difference in the super amoled vs HD display??

rider

as Kratos
Motorola Mobility to 'shrink operations' in India, cut 4,000 jobs under Google - Times Of India

rider

as Kratos
Xperia S is only of 26k. Get a quad core Galaxy S3 as your budget is 36k.

Sony Xperia S LT26i Mobile Phone with 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
It will cost you 1000 less by using your bank coupon.

OP
samudragupta

samudragupta

Youngling
Motorola is all set to discontinue all their phones and focus on 2-3 phones only.

Why you are not concerning almighty Galaxy S3 phone?
bro i have 4 of my colleagues who have been using the phone and 3 of them have sold the phone for hardware/software issues within 2 months of purchasing!!! besides Samsung phones are ugly beasts (just my personal opinion ;) )... i read good reviews about moto maxx on flipkart and other blogs and forums, minus the screen there were not any major issues with it... and since i am working i was considering a phone with a good battery back up...

^
Hmm +1.

Consider S3 and One X also
bro does One X have a good battery back up?

rider

as Kratos
bro i have 4 of my colleagues who have been using the phone and 3 of them have sold the phone for hardware/software issues within 2 months of purchasing!!! besides Samsung phones are ugly beasts (just my personal opinion ;) )... i read good reviews about moto maxx on flipkart and other blogs and forums, minus the screen there were not any major issues with it... and since i am working i was considering a phone with a good battery back up...

bro does One X have a good battery back up?

Really, man S3 looks ugly (sorry S3 users), specially the top. :p
One X has worse battery but will be fine for a day of moderate use. Basically it is a great phone specially the screen, sound and looks. Performance wise it is 10% lower than S3 thats why its second best. You can get it for 33-34k with HTC India warranty.

rider

as Kratos
damm... i just checked the reviews of this phone and was so impressed... what a shame htc put a less powerful battery for this beast... but even if it lasts for 12hrs i may consider this...

As I said it is fine for a day in moderate use. Keep in mind that hardware error can be generated in any electronic device I've seen many users who are crying with Xperia S that it is facing booting and starting issue on XDA forum. No phone is perfect.

OP
samudragupta

samudragupta

Youngling
As I said it is fine for a day in moderate use. Keep in mind that hardware error can be generated in any electronic device I've seen many users who are crying with Xperia S that it is facing booting and starting issue on XDA forum. No phone is perfect.
ur right, then i have to compromise on quality/ass/performance, i cant get all in a single phone.. just than moto maxx came close to all these features... i will visit the store and check out the htc/sony... maybe a live comparison will make sense...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
One X battery was fixed i think. bad battery was caused by a file being placed outside /system that regulates the use of companion core. so companion core was never used hence bad battery. so new One X should have lot better battery life provided HTC fixed it. Also checkout LG Optimus 4X HD. It looks plain simple but comes with unlocked bootloader (correct me if i am wrong here) so flashing custom rom is a breeze. Same for S3. One X's bootloader is locked.

rider

as Kratos
ur right, then i have to compromise on quality/ass/performance, i cant get all in a single phone.. just than moto maxx came close to all these features... i will visit the store and check out the htc/sony... maybe a live comparison will make sense...

Listen man, forget motorola phone if you concern about ASS, they are almost kicked out of market, nobody buys that much expensive phone from them.
You already out Galaxy S3 so take a look on One X and LG 4X HD, no need to compare with old dual core Xperia S, it doesn't stands with any quad core phone.
In my opinion HTC One X would be the best as LG 4X HD is far less performing than all other quad cores, also LG is really bad for future android updates.

OP
samudragupta

samudragupta

Youngling
One X battery was fixed i think. bad battery was caused by a file being placed outside /system that regulates the use of companion core. so companion core was never used hence bad battery. so new One X should have lot better battery life provided HTC fixed it. Also checkout LG Optimus 4X HD. It looks plain simple but comes with unlocked bootloader (correct me if i am wrong here) so flashing custom rom is a breeze. Same for S3. One X's bootloader is locked.
hi sam i really dont mind the bootloader... i wont have time to root the phone due to my working conditions... i guess then i will stick with the htc one x..
Listen man, forget motorola phone if you concern about ASS, they are almost kicked out of market, nobody buys that much expensive phone from them.
You already out Galaxy S3 so take a look on One X and LG 4X HD, no need to compare with old dual core Xperia S, it doesn't stands with any quad core phone.
In my opinion HTC One X would be the best as LG 4X HD is far less performing than all other quad cores, also LG is really bad for future android updates.
ur right i will stick with the one x...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
hi sam i really dont mind the bootloader... i wont have time to root the phone due to my working conditions... i guess then i will stick with the htc one x..
ur right i will stick with the one x...

stick to one X just for the looks. JB update should be sent out in a month or so.

Top Bottom