Motorola Defy and Defy+

techfreak

Broken In
@Saumik
please clarify if the faulty earpiece problem still persist or not ?. This is the only thing that is stopping me from buying it :)

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
I saw videos of CM7 GB ROM on Defy. They are fully functional and awesome... :)
@techfreak - no earpiece problem on my set. I guess moto fixed that issue sometime back...

techfreak

Broken In
I saw videos of CM7 GB ROM on Defy. They are fully functional and awesome... :)
@techfreak - no earpiece problem on my set. I guess moto fixed that issue sometime back...
Thanks for your reply.
Thread Link : *www.supportforums.motorola.com/thread/41152?start=0&tstart=0
Bit hesitant to go for defy now :( as it is hardware issue.
If the problem is solved then ; how come the issue still occurs ?

This problem still persists. Check the below thread
*www.supportforums.motorola.com/message/370101#370101

Last edited:
OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
hmm may be they tried out those lifeproof tests too many times... :)
i usualy dont talk for huge amounts of time. Mostly on weekends i call friends and family and i use headphones for that period. I intentionally dont put any pressure on the phone's earpiece as i heard of these issues. (Though i had accidentally droped it to concrete twice so far from a height of 4 feet. :() So far, i havent faced any problem.

vaibhav99

Broken In
Soumik,
I am planning to buy Defy next week. (earlier thinking of wildfire S or Acer Liquid)
Did you get it from Letsbuy?
how is their overall service ?
did you face any problem while doing online purchase or did you use COD method
did you face any problem delivery or packaging quality.
how about warranty?
currently i am in pune, where are u located how much time did they take to deliver product after you place the order ..
(I know i can go thru there FAQ for all this but need actual user opinion)
I am getting Rs. 14400 price after discount (ICICI) and online payment.
hopefully getting good deal

Thanks in Advance waiting for your reply
Vaibhav

cyclops

Broken In
^^^ Go for it. They will ship through Blue Dart and usually within 3 days.
If you work at Hinjewadi, get it on your office address, you'll save on octroi.

vaibhav99

Broken In
@cyclops ... Thanks for clearing my doubt ..
i am at wakkad but can take delivery at hinjewadi (wife's off) so will go for that option ..
so will book it on sunday/monday (dont want to worry about weekend delivery)

Thanks
Vaibhav

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
^^ yup.. go ahead. LetsBuy service is very good. If u get any delay, it would cause of some stupid Blue Dart ppl. You will get it dispatched well before time. Take it in offc, they atleast have regular service to ofc, so cant say address not found. Has occurred to me more than once with Blue Dart.
But i am not sure they even add Octroi tax, so no point worrying abt getting it without it. Whatever the price is shown, thats the final price. No service. octroi tax or vat.

amitjha

Broken In
hey guys, I was about to buy galaxy ace but saw online that defy is available for almost the same price, so will most probably go for it.
Just one question though, will it be able to playback 720p movies? Soumik have you tried playing hi-def videos on defy, what was the result???

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
Well... i mentioned earlier... I havent directly put HD videos and test. I had put a normal .DAT format only in between, and it didnt play. Though that was before i updated the OS. Other than that, i had put 1080p videos on it, just while copying, it asks if i want to convert it or not, i say yes, and it converts... in actually negligible time, cause it takes the same time to copy directly also. And i could play those videos in both native player and in mobo player. Though mobo player seemed better. The video looked HD enough for the screen, didnt chk what resolution it was in.
After the OS update though, i didnt put any video on my phone. Will get a higher capacity card, then try it out. Officially, in the 2.1 version of ROM, Defy cannot play 720p videos. Didnt find anything on the 2.2 release notes, but there were many upgrades fitted in that. May be it can play them now. Not sure.

Maheshbabu

Right off the assembly line
Hi Folks,

Here is an another new user of Moto Defy. I tried my best and could not succeed in updating to Froyo 2.2 :x

Could any one help me upgrade my handset from 2.1 to 2.2 ?

Thanks in advance. :wave:

Maheshbabu

Right off the assembly line
Hi Soumik. Thanks for your reply.

This is what I tried. Settings > About phone > System updates.

I downloaded the tool that connects the handset with a PC - "MOTOROLA MEDIA LINK" from motorola website and it really annoying to use that tool. The user interface seems to be very dull and shabby.

Is there any link in that tool - Motorola Media Link to update the mobile's OS ?

Frankly, I dont know what you have mentioned - "Motorola Software Update tool".

I guess - all the updates what we are discussing here is UNOFFICIAL and NOT approved by Motorola. Am I right ?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
@Maheshbabu,

Officially, Android 2.2 is available for Moto Defy.

If you want to go the unofficial route, I would suggest Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread Cyanogenmod 7 --- [DEV][ROM] CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.4) - xda-developers

Cheers!

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
@MaheshBabu - ^^ this is waht we would be talking abt if we are talking abt unofficial ROMs. I am running official Moto Defy Froyo ROM by motorola
Link would be : Software Update - Country Selector
This is where i got the tool to update my phone. Over the Air update is not available. You can even take it to a Moto service center to get it update for free.

Frankly, if u are techy enough, skip the official update... go for CM7 mod for Defy. Its quite frankly awesome... Even though 2.2 will bring a huge amount of improvement, it will nowhere near CM7 mod performance!!!
I'll get that once i get bored by the official ROM. :)

sach1000rt

Journeyman
what format videos it can play without converting on pc? does it play mkv files(non hd like 300mb movies) without problem? with third party video players ofcourse.

Top Bottom