akashv

Dreaming in a Dream!
Hey all just saw this on ebay...seemed like a good deal!:grin:

MOTOROLA ATRIX4G 16GBINTERNAL+16=32GB DUAL CORE UNLOCK | eBay

Motorola Atrix 16GB Unlocked Mint Andriod 2.3.4 | eBay

Are these deals worth it?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Personally, Atrix won't be my choice... Its fast in the beginning, but so many people have complained that it slows down to a crawl as time passes. Bloody buggy ROM...

OP
akashv

akashv

Dreaming in a Dream!
Heard somewhere that the Atrix's bootloader is locked...so flashing roms difficult:-(
Is the rom really so buggy??
Seemed a good deal at 20-21K..

Ok is this a good one seeing as the Xperia neo is still unavailable in India and unlikely to be so?
Brand New Original & Sealed Sony Ericsson XPERIA NEO | eBay

Which among these two is worth it?

Last edited:

Soumik

Padawan
Motorola Atrix is far ahead of Xperia Neo in terms of performance.
The boot loader can be unlocked. And there are numerous ROMs available for Atrix on xda forums.
All carrier stock ROMs are buggy and get slow over time. Just put on a custom OS and u'll a phone very close to the fastest in the world right now. Its a NVidia Tegra 2 dual core chipset inside it. There's no way Neo's performance is even near it!!!.

Among the two... if i ever got a chance, i'll definitely go for Atrix over Neo, or even the similar performance Optimus 2X. Moto's build quality is among the best in this segment.

Just look out for the basebands on Atrix 4G. You might have to get a custom ROM immidiately or change the baseband to make it work with Indian networks.

OP
akashv

akashv

Dreaming in a Dream!
The Atrix supports all the regular bands
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100

So there is no need to change the basebands specifically for India I think:)

OP
akashv

akashv

Dreaming in a Dream!
Ok but is there any disadvantage of using an AT&T unlocked Atrix in India??...for example will we be able to get future android updates as released by motorola?(Not a big issue though as CM7 will surely be coming to the Atrix:)))

Finally is this a better option than the SE Xperia Arc which my cousin is planning to buy?:|:pullhair:

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Ok but is there any disadvantage of using an AT&T unlocked Atrix in India??...for example will we be able to get future android updates as released by motorola?(Not a big issue though as CM7 will surely be coming to the Atrix:)))

I think, it won't as Atrix was never released officially in India. Moreover Motorola has almost nill support here.

akashv said:
Finally is this a better option than the SE Xperia Arc which my cousin is planning to buy?:|:pullhair:

Absolutely.
Arc is just LOOKS but Atrix is both LOOKS and POWER (disagree? anyone? :))

Soumik

Padawan
I think, it won't as Atrix was never released officially in India. Moreover Motorola has almost nill support here.

Absolutely.
Arc is just LOOKS but Atrix is both LOOKS and POWER (disagree? anyone? :))

Absolutely not... Totally agree :)

There is some support of Motorola existing in India, but i doubt if they would support Atrix as it never actually launched here.
But i doubt if there would be any problems running it here. Unlocked phones bought in USA run fine here. Ppl even unlock locked gsm phones to run in India.. so i guess Atrix should run fine.

Top Bottom