Moto X Discussion Thread.

toofan

Technomancer
After the Grand (Not Galaxy Grand 2) Success of Moto G, Motorola(Lenovo?) or We can Say Flipkart :lol: is Launching Moto X very soon in India. Some awesome Specs it has and if that get combined with awesome like Moto G price then no doubt Most of the hot selling cakes/brands in India will struggle to maintain there sales.

Hardware
4.7" AMOLED (RGB) / 720p HD
Corning® Gorilla® Glass
1.7Ghz Processor
2 GB RAM
Quad-core Adreno 320 GPU
10MP Rear Camera
2MP Front Camera

Launch day offer is similar to Moto G. :)
Check this link for flipkart offer.
Moto X - Buy Moto X Online at Best Price in India - Flipkart.com

- - - Updated - - -

Expected price 24000.00 .

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^Do mention the precise chipset and CPU - S4 pro & Dual core krait 1.7GHz.

Also, it's sad that only 16GB version is going to be released here. It kind of cripples high end hardware leaving it pretty unused.

ankush28

Bazinga
its launchung today at 11am today for 23999
*androidbqbq.blogspot.com/2014/03/moto-x-to-launch-today-for-23999-rupess.html

Last edited:

Ashiskyal

New to this forum
Moto X 16GB launched in Flipkart

Buy Here.
Black: Moto X (16 GB) Price in India - Buy Moto X (16 GB) Black 16 GB Online - Motorola: Flipkart.com
White: Moto X (16 GB) Price in India - Buy Moto X (16 GB) White 16 GB Online - Motorola: Flipkart.com

simon7234

Banned
The features are quite impressive but the price is not compatible to stand up with the other competitors at the moment. There are few local brands those have grabbed the market by providing the the similar features in very less price.

ashs1

Padawan
I was really tempted to upgrade to Moto X from my Xperia L, but the slight overprice & the Only 16GB version is bit hard to settle.. :(

saaransh9

Journeyman
Priced too high :/ not worth 10k extra over moto G really wanted this phone ......

i think its worth the price compare it to nexus 4(around 24000) or grand 2(21500).

better camera
gorilla glass 3
amoled display
better processor
better ram compared to grand 2
and yup LTE(i still dont whether it will support india bands or not but it does have LTE)

compare it to moto g
more ram
much better display
much better processor
LTE(major cost increasing factor)
bigger battery
camera(both front and back)

and not to forget extra software features(which i dont consider in money but is mainly because of hardware capability which is not present in moto g)

i think all this is worth 10K

and if u are comparing with micromax and karbonn then its a different thing, because they will always remain a better buy

rish1

Cyborg Agent
i think its worth the price compare it to nexus 4(around 24000) or grand 2(21500).

better camera
gorilla glass 3
amoled display
better processor
better ram compared to grand 2
and yup LTE(i still dont whether it will support india bands or not but it does have LTE)

compare it to moto g
more ram
much better display
much better processor
LTE(major cost increasing factor)
bigger battery
camera(both front and back)

and not to forget extra software features(which i dont consider in money but is mainly because of hardware capability which is not present in moto g)

i think all this is worth 10K

and if u are comparing with micromax and karbonn then its a different thing, because they will always remain a better buy

you are being way too optimistic here..

first galaxy grand 2 price has dropped to 20k now as per flipkart so difference between both phones is now 4000 rs
available for 19k through deals
secondly camera on grand 2 is great.. i would estimate both are equally good but a proper comparison has to be made to check real comparison..

thirdly it is a 1 year old phone now it is much better to buy xperia ZR , nexus 4 (for updates ) and other phones if you are comparing it to old phones .. even xperia SP is a great deal at 19000 compared to moto X..
this phone is overpriced and not worth paying more than 20-21k...

grand 2 itself was highly priced but the price is stabilizing now.. how can you compare 2 phones that have 10k price difference in them moto X is opposite of Moto G .. 24k would have been great for the wooden back version but the wooden back is itself 26k..

and discard LTE altogether they won't work in india so that is a useless feature

performance centric people will go for xperia SP at 19k , whereas camera centric people will prefer galaxy grand 2 at 19k...

also since this is not dual sim and not expandable that would be a major downer for most people

Last edited:

Superayush

Tech lover
Challo lemme test fate if flipkart drops price of moto x to 20-21k I buy it which could be likely that there sales not very good this time else...moto g and maybe some good over ear headphone :p

ashs1

Padawan
you are being way too optimistic here..

first galaxy grand 2 price has dropped to 20k now as per flipkart so difference between both phones is now 4000 rs
available for 19k through deals
secondly camera on grand 2 is great.. i would estimate both are equally good but a proper comparison has to be made to check real comparison..

thirdly it is a 1 year old phone now it is much better to buy xperia ZR , nexus 4 (for updates ) and other phones if you are comparing it to old phones .. even xperia SP is a great deal at 19000 compared to moto X..
this phone is overpriced and not worth paying more than 20-21k...

grand 2 itself was highly priced but the price is stabilizing now.. how can you compare 2 phones that have 10k price difference in them moto X is opposite of Moto G .. 24k would have been great for the wooden back version but the wooden back is itself 26k..

and discard LTE altogether they won't work in india so that is a useless feature

performance centric people will go for xperia SP at 19k , whereas camera centric people will prefer galaxy grand 2 at 19k...

also since this is not dual sim and not expandable that would be a major downer for most people

For your Info, Xperia ZR was Released around May 2013, whereas Moto X was released around August 2013. So, its definately not an older phone, rather, its a newer phone if you come down to the wire.
Camera pic quality should be as good as Grand2 & definately better than SP.
Performance wise, moto x should edge ahead of SP ( & naturally Grand2 ) because of the Increased ram. ( i believe the Chipset/GPU of both devices are somewhat similar ).
LTE is not completely useless..I agree that right now, its coverage is very low, but Airtel has already started its 4G services in some cities & Vodafone is also planning to do the same. But yeah, its somewhat moot atm. :/

at its range, you should be comparing it with Xperia ZR/ZL & definately not with SP/Grand2.
The only major downer could be the Non Expandable memory. Apart from that, i don't see how this phone is not better than SP/Grand2.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
For your Info, Xperia ZR was Released around May 2013, whereas Moto X was released around August 2013. So, its definately not an older phone, rather, its a newer phone if you come down to the wire.
it's an old phone of 2013 nonetheless..
Camera pic quality should be as good as Grand2 & definately better than SP.
yup cam quality would be similar in both
Performance wise, moto x should edge ahead of SP ( & naturally Grand2 ) because of the Increased ram. ( i believe the Chipset/GPU of both devices are somewhat similar ).
ram does not have effect on performance... so performance wise both will be similar the extra cores on moto x are used for voice assistance so xperia SP and moto X would perform same as they both have same cpu/gpu.. ram is needed for OS and apps.. and xperia SP is soon going to receive android 4.4 officially most likely .. then 1gb ram itself will be more than enough to utilize for phones..

yup cam quality of xperia SP is bad , but those who prefer cam than performance then those will go for grand 2
LTE is not completely useless..I agree that right now, its coverage is very low, but Airtel has already started its 4G services in some cities & Vodafone is also planning to do the same. But yeah, its somewhat moot atm. :/

yes it is useless the reason being the difference of Bands the current 4g that is provided by airtel in kolkata and other cities works on TDD Lte bands .. whereas moto X has FDD LTe bands... but recently govt has done an auction of 1800 mhz and 900 mhz band .. so it will work only with those operators that will provide 4g services through 1800 mhz band only... nobody knows how much time will that take in implementation .. in short it won't work with existing 4g networks and it will work with only upcoming new 4g networks that work on 1800 mhz band..

at its range, you should be comparing it with Xperia ZR/ZL & definately not with SP/Grand2.
The only major downer could be the Non Expandable memory. Apart from that, i don't see how this phone is not better than SP/Grand2.

i was saying if i am getting the same camera or same performance for rs 5000 less why would i spend 5k more.. and if i am spending 5k more then someone would prefer xperia ZR/ZL since those are much better devices than moto X..

its a tricky situation now since qualcomm has really messed up the 2014 20k+ phones... giving adreno 305 in 25000rs phones in 2014.. in that perspective this might not be a bad decision.. but this definitely does not have that Value for money worth that moto G carries.. its overpriced all right but then there aren't many choices apart from xperia Zr/Zl.. qualcomm mistake is moto X gain.. so a good second alternative to xperia ZR/ZL definitely..

Last edited:

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
I think the Moto X was created keeping in mind what it could offer by way of unique software enhancements than hardware specs....considering its unique differentiating features, an amoled screen (the cheapest amold is the old S3 which is still selling at 21k), extra RAM, and all the physical, distinctive customizations, i think 24k is an OK price. Not a bargain/ no brainer like the Moto G but still good.

See they had to price the Moto G irresistibly to bring back folks to the Motorola brand. We all know the negative image it carries in India because of lack of sales support, even though their products have always been great. Now that the pull has been created for the brand, they need not price the X so low. It will sell at 24k. Anyways its only got a few months before the updated Moto X makes its way.

i was saying if i am getting the same camera or same performance for rs 5000 less why would i spend 5k more.. and if i am spending 5k more then someone would prefer xperia ZR/ZL since those are much better devices than moto X..

its a tricky situation now since qualcomm has really messed up the 2014 20k+ phones... giving adreno 305 in 25000rs phones in 2014.. in that perspective this might not be a bad decision.. but this definitely does not have that Value for money worth that moto G carries.. its overpriced all right but then there aren't many choices apart from xperia Zr/Zl.. qualcomm mistake is moto X gain.. so a good second alternative to xperia ZR/ZL definitely..

oink? Dont you mean Adreno 320 ?
I don't recall any Adreno 305 based phone other than HTC One Mini in the Rs 25k price point.

The Moto X wont be a big hit in India. The problem with this phone is that, it wasnt meant to be this expensive. Just because of its Made in USA parts , the price has shot up. Most of the novel features of the Moto X like the ability to customize the body is irrelevant in India. The always ON voice assistance will offer 2-3 days of geeky entertainment and by the next week you will be too embarrassed to say "Google WhaTZ DA WEATHER" in public... Seriously when has software gimmick ever enticed customers? People flaunt Hardware not the Software.
The LTE is useless too. The 10mpx camera is uninspiring and cant compare to the likes of Xperia ZLs and ZRs

Moto G succeeded because it offered hardware well beyond its price. THATs like 90% of the reason. After all,who wants a brand that gets discarded, used and tossed from one company to another. The Google tag helped boost the X's sales in the USA, what will help it in India? Lenovo's "Chinese" reputation?? Flipkart is really jumping its guns on this one. It will be hard to convince the public to spend Rs10,000 more for a minor upgrade .

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
The most negetive point as per a regular customer is "Dual Sim Support" and here the Moto X fails.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
oink? Dont you mean Adreno 320 ?
I don't recall any Adreno 305 based phone other than HTC One Mini in the Rs 25k price point.

all upcoming new phones of 2014 will have adreno 305 in 25000 rs range till october.. this is the most stupid decision by qualcomm

25k phones

-Xperia T2 Ultra
-HTC desire 816
-Lumia ?? ( new upcoming wp8.1 based device )
-Lg g2 mini
- S5 mini ( possibly if launched before august)

then some 20k phones
-grand 2
-lg L90
-Xperia M2
-Htc Desire 610
-Lumia 1320

the phones carrying adreno 320 will be only 2013 old models.. i don't think nexus 5 is going to come to 24-25k soon as it recently got a price cut...
The Moto X wont be a big hit in India. The problem with this phone is that, it wasnt meant to be this expensive. Just because of its Made in USA parts , the price has shot up. Most of the novel features of the Moto X like the ability to customize the body is irrelevant in India. The always ON voice assistance will offer 2-3 days of geeky entertainment and by the next week you will be too embarrassed to say "Google WhaTZ DA WEATHER" in public... Seriously when has software gimmick ever enticed customers? People flaunt Hardware not the Software.
The LTE is useless too. The 10mpx camera is uninspiring and cant compare to the likes of Xperia ZLs and ZRs
the one launched in india is made in china ..
Moto G succeeded because it offered hardware well beyond its price. THATs like 90% of the reason. After all,who wants a brand that gets discarded, used and tossed from one company to another. The Google tag helped boost the X's sales in the USA, what will help it in India? Lenovo's "Chinese" reputation?? Flipkart is really jumping its guns on this one. It will be hard to convince the public to spend Rs10,000 more for a minor upgrade .

like i said before had it been any other year this would have flopped instantly.. but since qualcom has made the stupid mistake. this makes a badly priced device like moto X actually look good.. besides xperia ZR/ZL there aren't many options for 25k..unless someone is going to extend the budget.. so a decent second alternative who doesn't want xperia ZR/ZL for some reason...

Last edited:

sukesh1090

Adam young
Moto X is a phone made for an average user not for becoming a performance king.its performance is obviously better than grand 2 and it is also better than Xperia SP because it runs near stock android 4.4.2 and also it uses F2FS file system not ext4.one more thing as it runs on kitkat you can enable ART and get some more juice out of your phone.i think a price tag of 21-22k would have been the sweet spot for moto x in India as we don't have access to the main feature that is "moto maker". but still i would prefer this phone over XSP and grand 2 for its,
better AMOLED display , better camera , higher RAM , better performance , and those active display , touchless control and the list goes on.

all upcoming new phones of 2014 will have adreno 305 in 25000 rs range till october.. this is the most stupid decision by qualcomm
Since 99.9% of the games in the Play Store run smooth on Adreno 305, it kinda makes sense. I'd rather be able to play games longer than play games with higher graphical settings while tethered to a charger....

Most high end graphic games kinda suck balls,apart from a handfull of AAA titles which you cant even play for 30mins, since your phone will become hotter than a frying pan, and the extreme temps+full throttle GPU will be eating up the battery like hell.

(still havent seen a high budget AAA 3D mobile game that can be more fun than 2D games like Candy Crush,Clash of Clans,Castle Clash and Kairosoft's management games)

Esoteric Eric

Journeyman
Power consumption is a problem with higher end GPUs and add to the fact that screen sizes are only going in one direction and so are the pixel densities. This takes a toll on battery and because mobile devices don't come with active cooling, they quickly heat up.

I don't consider mobile gaming to be a replacement for the PC, but wherever they are meant to deliver, they do. Casual gaming is what I expect out of it, and there are many titles to boot. The interface of tabs and mobiles is such that only certain games are possible.

I don't know anything about AAA nomenclature but there are definitely some developments taking place

Higher capacity batteries and efficient cooling systems will work in favour of high end GPUs as an underperforming GPU will no doubt only offer an underwhelming experience, all things being equal

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Since 99.9% of the games in the Play Store run smooth on Adreno 305, it kinda makes sense. I'd rather be able to play games longer than play games with higher graphical settings while tethered to a charger....

Most high end graphic games kinda suck balls,apart from a handfull of AAA titles which you cant even play for 30mins, since your phone will become hotter than a frying pan, and the extreme temps+full throttle GPU will be eating up the battery like hell.

(still havent seen a high budget AAA 3D mobile game that can be more fun than 2D games like Candy Crush,Clash of Clans,Castle Clash and Kairosoft's management games)

well you are looking at today's games.. i can bet that asphalt 9 is going to be laggy on adreno 305 when it comes out.. and then the whole suit of gameloft games will lag .. what good a phone be if you can't even play games smoothly released after 6 months you bought the phone..
android mobile gaming is going to change a lot from this year... i too myself am not into mobile gaming .. with android consoles like nvidia shield and gaming controller accessories stepping up mobile gaming in a big way.. i am presupposing that a person buying phone for 25k would at least expect it to use it for 1.5-2 years.. android is going to overtake into market share of PS vita and Nintendo 3ds..
sure this doesn't matter at all to those who do not game on mobiles at all..

- - - Updated - - -

Power consumption is a problem with higher end GPUs and add to the fact that screen sizes are only going in one direction and so are the pixel densities. This takes a toll on battery and because mobile devices don't come with active cooling, they quickly heat up.

I don't consider mobile gaming to be a replacement for the PC, but wherever they are meant to deliver, they do. Casual gaming is what I expect out of it, and there are many titles to boot. The interface of tabs and mobiles is such that only certain games are possible.

I don't know anything about AAA nomenclature but there are definitely some developments taking place

Higher capacity batteries and efficient cooling systems will work in favour of high end GPUs as an underperforming GPU will no doubt only offer an underwhelming experience, all things being equal

i agree with you..

- - - Updated - - -

Moto X is a phone made for an average user not for becoming a performance king.its performance is obviously better than grand 2 and it is also better than Xperia SP because it runs near stock android 4.4.2 and also it uses F2FS file system not ext4.one more thing as it runs on kitkat you can enable ART and get some more juice out of your phone.i think a price tag of 21-22k would have been the sweet spot for moto x in India as we don't have access to the main feature that is "moto maker". but still i would prefer this phone over XSP and grand 2 for its,
better AMOLED display , better camera , higher RAM , better performance , and those active display , touchless control and the list goes on.

ofcourse its better than both grand 2 and xperia SP but it is 5000 rs more expensive as well.. comes with no micro sd card limitation and no dual sim...if you are disregarding performance its much better to get grand 2 and save 5000 bucks.. because of bigger screen,great camera,dual sim,cheaper,expandable,great battery backup

like i said if i am spending 5k more i would go with Xperia ZR/ZL instead of moto X.. but moto X is a good second option after xperia ZR/ZL .. and also note the wooden back version costs 26000 rs

Top Bottom