Moto G discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdx_halo

In the zone
Got my phone yesterday.
Really nice phone. Loving it :-D

Are you facing call quality issues? How is the reception on the other end ? My friend has Moto G which he got in March, the microphone is not upto the mark. He sounds muffled on phone. Has this issue been solved ?

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
No issues. Network is rock solid. BTW it's android 4.4.2.
About battery I don't know what are issues but for me it looks good. Let me gather few more statistics. From what I observe the battery lasts about 12hrs on continuous 3G.. :-(

jatin_arora

Broken In
No issues. Network is rock solid. BTW it's android 4.4.2.
About battery I don't know what are issues but for me it looks good. Let me gather few more statistics. From what I observe the battery lasts about 12hrs on continuous 3G.. :-(

Would u recommend to buy Moto G... I am planning to purchase a phone bt m confused although i like moto g very much bt m nt confident enough to order it... so what would u recommend??

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ anyone got the OTA for 4.4.4??

- - - Updated - - -

my 5 friends with moto e have got the update :( and i guess i am still out of luck

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
^^ anyone got the OTA for 4.4.4??

- - - Updated - - -

my 5 friends with moto e have got the update :( and i guess i am still out of luck
You're in luck, my friend...

Here's a very easy procedure for you:

4.4.4 update [OTA file] Indian Dual Sim XT1033 || Installation procedure - XDA Forum

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
You're in luck, my friend...

Here's a very easy procedure for you:

4.4.4 update [OTA file] Indian Dual Sim XT1033 || Installation procedure - XDA Forum
oh Yeah... i saw this link somewhere i guess someone shared it on official motorola fb page before motorola deleted the post.... actually i am just skeptic to do this update coz my phone IMEI starts from 3533XX and this series already had some network related problem when earlier they were updated to 4.4.2 ...

amd3000

Broken In
I got moto g when it launched and later even gifted one to gf ( noe we r moto g couple ;) ) ok jokes apart yes moto g is still best VFM fone for now and i dont see any phone coming close to this if moto keep giving updated and quality.

Though its not the best in compqre to other expensive alternative but its VFM and gives almost all that u wany in ur phone.

Now signal and battery issues but that is area and usage dependent ( and which is with every phone.

Most of the battery is consumed by screen and processing speed.

So if u r keeping your phone screen on for like always ( u heard it whatsapp n facebook fans ) it will give you about 9 hour's.

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
Updated my Android to 4.4.4 ... and is working flawlessly .... there is new dialer screen and it shows only one screen if only one sim is inserted unlike the older version which showed both SIM status. there is no noticeable difference in camera quality.

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
P.S. camera quality is improved tad bit only...pause feature added during video recording...

- - - Updated - - -

^^i heard that now in this update they have moved to art completely by default unlike before giving us choice.
there was a choice to ART or JIT... i never knew that.... i thought it was mandatory from 4.4+

amd3000

Broken In
Nope... In kitkat by default its dalvick and we can switch to art if we want via developer option

Update:

Great, so we still have the choice until android l, lets see if they resolved thr heating issue with kitkat when using location services continuously. I even have to use a app to switch to 3G always since that option in networks just make 3G as preferred option and jot mandatory.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom