Moto G discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
hey everyone... i wish to buy a new mobile but am confused between MotoG and Micromax Canvas Turbo A250.

Spec wise A250 looks better, but before i decide, wish to have a feedback regarding its performance, especially from those who have had a hand on both these phones... any help???? :-?

Get Moto G. you won't want a 14k phone with almost zero dev support, almost no chance of getting a OS update to kitkat or above, which may die within a 6-8 months and spends the rest of the warranty period in service centre.

Inceptionist

Journeyman
I will get my phone in few days. YAY! So, I've few questions to ask.

What things should I keep in mind after I get my phone? Which update to install? What about OTG feature?

I'll use it for couple of months without rooting so if there's any issue, there won't be any issue.

What about other accessories? Can you guys suggest few cases? No flip covers please. What about screenguard? Charger? OTG cable?

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Just ordered one for my Dad!!! :-D

- - - Updated - - -

I will get my phone in few days. YAY! So, I've few questions to ask.

What things should I keep in mind after I get my phone? Which update to install? What about OTG feature?

I'll use it for couple of months without rooting so if there's any issue, there won't be any issue.

What about other accessories? Can you guys suggest few cases? No flip covers please. What about screenguard? Charger? OTG cable?

For screenguard, try gadgetshieldz!!! :)

Inceptionist

Journeyman
Ehhh... I don't like flip covers. They make handling phone difficult, at least for me.

Any other suggestion for covers?

My previous post is not answered as well, except for screenguard suggestion.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Updates will be shown automatically once you connect to internet. So no tension there.

You might not need to root the device if you don't want to install custom roms etc. OTG works without rooting too. Just buy yourself a cheap OTG cable costing Rs 50 from any local market. Should work. If not replace it with one which does work.
Charger comes with the device. Albeit not a USB one. So you might need to buy a separate USB to MicroUSB cable.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea. Covers from FK costs a bomb. Get one from local market. Cost way cheaper.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Ehhh... I don't like flip covers. They make handling phone difficult, at least for me.

My previous post is not answered as well, except for screenguard suggestion.

Well, I bought the device for my dad and he likes flip covers so that's that...

Inceptionist

Journeyman
Updates will be shown automatically once you connect to internet. So no tension there.

You might not need to root the device if you don't want to install custom roms etc. OTG works without rooting too. Just buy yourself a cheap OTG cable costing Rs 50 from any local market. Should work. If not replace it with one which does work.
Charger comes with the device. Albeit not a USB one. So you might need to buy a separate USB to MicroUSB cable.

Yea. Covers from FK costs a bomb. Get one from local market. Cost way cheaper.
I'm gonna try ROMs, but I'll wait for some time just in case.
So, I'll have to look for OTG and USB cables along with a cover in a shop.
Does any other website has got any good grip/back covers?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Another wrinkle,
Is any update (I mean sequel to mg) or something like that coming up near future??

most likely G's successor will ship with Snapdragon 410 as G was one of the first mobiles to use the S400 chipset. Later this year maybe once X1+ ships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom