Moto G discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
MOTO G - I have got 16 GB version. I use Motogenie for syncing with my Lenovo Y500 (Win 7 ultimate)

I see that I can't transfer mp3 files of large sizes like 40 MB. Is there any limit by design?

Also for video files, is there any limit?

No limit as far as the OS is concerned.

kaz

right here
Have you guys flashed any custom ROM? If yes, how is the performance after flashing it?

Most of the roms won't be compatible because here we have the dual sim version and flashing any rom from the Americans will get your radios not working.... CyanogenMod doesn't support dual sim phones.... Things might change soon.....

P.S.- Point me if I am wrong

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Most of the roms won't be compatible because here we have the dual sim version and flashing any rom from the Americans will get your radios not working.... CyanogenMod doesn't support dual sim phones.... Things might change soon.....

P.S.- Point me if I am wrong
^
|

Point

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
Please comment on MG's weight i.e 143g. Coz i :

1. Place the Phone in the shirt pocket.
2. use the phone laying on the bed i.e gaming music web surf .
I currently using Xperia X10 and it feels heavy..

ankush28

Bazinga
^
For me weight is not a big deal breaker! You will be able to use easily after few days :) (PS- I was using 98Gram Galaxy Y before this)

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Moto G is a bit larger than X10 (and thinner) as it has to include a 4.5" screen and a larger battery, but is only heavier by 7g. You may not feel it to be any heavier than your X10.

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
My boards ending on 1st april and me want a moto g on 1st april !:twisted:
Seeing how this is now a very long thread and it would loads of time to go through each problem and solution i thought i would ask a bunch of questions that would act as a summary.

Q1. Is it true that you have to cut your sim to put it into moto g? I have a mini sim.

Q2. If someone does not want a dual sim version (save some cash :p )then is it safe to buy from other sites ?

Q3. Since it does not ship with a charger and earphones how much should i expect the one`s I buy to cost? And from where?

Q4. My palms sweat a lot so should i go for these type of covers? -
This cover -Vibgyor Vibgyor Kickstand Armor Case for Motorola Moto G White: Buy Online @ Rs.675 /- | Snapdeal
OR
this -WOW WOW Rugged Hybrid Kickstand Armor Case for Motorola Moto G - Black: Buy Online @ Rs.699 /- | Snapdeal

Q5. Did anyone face any "sim not detected" or random connection drops?

P.s - This is more of a personalised summary i guess :p

sushovan

In the zone
Q1. Yes
Q2. No
Q3. It does ship but they are of pathetic quality.
Q4. No idea about covers as I dont need any.
Q5. No.

ankush28

Bazinga
My boards ending on 1st april and me want a moto g on 1st april !:twisted:
Seeing how this is now a very long thread and it would loads of time to go through each problem and solution i thought i would ask a bunch of questions that would act as a summary.
Q1. Is it true that you have to cut your sim to put it into moto g? I have a mini sim.
Q2. If someone does not want a dual sim version (save some cash :p )then is it safe to buy from other sites ?
Q3. Since it does not ship with a charger and earphones how much should i expect the one`s I buy to cost? And from where?
Q4. My palms sweat a lot so should i go for these type of covers? -
This cover -Vibgyor Vibgyor Kickstand Armor Case for Motorola Moto G White: Buy Online @ Rs.675 /- | Snapdeal
OR
this -WOW WOW Rugged Hybrid Kickstand Armor Case for Motorola Moto G - Black: Buy Online @ Rs.699 /- | Snapdeal
Q5. Did anyone face any "sim not detected" or random connection drops?
P.s - This is more of a personalised summary i guess :p

1) Moto G requires MICRO sim! It hardly takes few minutes and 10-20 bucks.
2) Its all up to you! btw I dont know any other website offering cheap price!
3) Moto G ships with 550mA charger and mediocre earphone, so no need to worry. But still if you spend 500-600 bucks you can grab audio technica(forgot model no. :lol: , one with Yo-yo like packaging). I use skullcandy ink'd and sound quality is awesome.
4) Personally I don't like those ARMOR cases!
5) Yes some users have found issue! but I got reply from moto that they are releasing one small update for MG updated to 4.4.2. I think new stock ships with 4.4.2 and it does not have that BUG. Never heared of SIM not detected issue with MG!

hope I helped :)

vikash

Journeyman
Please compare the camera of MG [indoor shots] with Xperia M !!!

In low light Moto G performs far better than Xperia M. But in day light, I think, XM performs better. I've noticed that even a little shaky hands can cause noticeable blur in picts when zoomed to 100%. Whereas the Image Stabilizer works fine in XM.
However, the Auto HDR in Moto G is fantastic, and the delay between the two shots(high exposure and low exposure) in HDR mode is quite less compared to the huge delay in Xperia M, which can cause the image to distort.

Again the images in Moto G are warmer where as the images in Xperia M are cold.
Well, the above observations are my personal experiences, as my previous phone was XM.

reddead

LoSt!
guys how does the moto g compare with a galaxy s2?

i have been using s2 for almost 2 years now...my sister lost her phone and is going to buy a new one, i have strongly recommended a moto g...i can exchange my s2 for a moto G...

i have a question though, since lenoveo has bought motorola...was there any word regarding moto g's future updates from motorola or lenovo?

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
1) Moto G requires MICRO sim! It hardly takes few minutes and 10-20 bucks.
2) Its all up to you! btw I dont know any other website offering cheap price!
3) Moto G ships with 550mA charger and mediocre earphone, so no need to worry. But still if you spend 500-600 bucks you can grab audio technica(forgot model no. :lol: , one with Yo-yo like packaging). I use skullcandy ink'd and sound quality is awesome.
4) Personally I don't like those ARMOR cases!
5) Yes some users have found issue! but I got reply from moto that they are releasing one small update for MG updated to 4.4.2. I think new stock ships with 4.4.2 and it does not have that BUG. Never heared of SIM not detected issue with MG!

hope I helped :)

Thankyou so much! :) If you would be kind enough to answer the following questions-

1) How do i get a micro sim?Go to a mobile store and ask them to do it?
p.s i cannot afford to lose/damage the sim i have right now,it has all my contacts.

2) Yeah,i am going with the 16gb from flipkart. Dont want any hassles :D

3)Oh! But they dont give a data cable :( .
Is it okay if i use the data cable of other android phones?

4)Any particular reason?Which case do you have?
Also flipkart is giving free screen guard and stylus with it! :D

5) Glad! Support- another reason to buy moto g! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom