Moto G discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunE

Professional Newbie
Ok so my phone arrived today but I had to send it back since I didn't have any cash at home(the ATMs being closed). The guy was nice enough to agree to come again tomorrow. So hoping to finally get it tomorrow.

Esoteric Eric

Journeyman
6 glitches and bugs with the Moto G, and how to fix them

I think the rattling issue is quite weird and as far as the call quality goes, one review does mention that its a bit feeble

Piyush

Lanaya
Ok so my phone arrived today but I had to send it back since I didn't have any cash at home(the ATMs being closed). The guy was nice enough to agree to come again tomorrow. So hoping to finally get it tomorrow.

I see. Should have asked neighbour once :p

rickenjus

In the zone
FK technical staff just called up.. and asked me to either return moto g and get refund as at the moment there is no stock.. or I can wait 10 days to see if stock comes and then replace it...

and here waiting game starts again.. sick and tired now...

rickenjus

In the zone
and guys ystrday I called moto care.. they asked me to take moto g to the service center .. so should I visit service center and get over this issue or should I wait ????

puli44

Chill
Went to various brick and mortar stores to inquire about Moto G today. their replies on asking when will Moto G arrive at the shop:
Shop 1: We don't keep motorola phones
Shop 2: Is it even launched in India?
Shop 3: Is it a touchscreen phone? (me: :facepalm: )
Shop 4: What is Motorola? We don't keep chinese phones here. (me: :rofl: :rofl: )
Shop 5: Buy a galaxy grand instead (me: :banghead: )
ROFL.....shop guys dont even know ...simply they say either its not released/ not present. :p.

SunE

Professional Newbie
and guys ystrday I called moto care.. they asked me to take moto g to the service center .. so should I visit service center and get over this issue or should I wait ????
Bro as I told you before too, use the phone for now and check whether there are any more problems with it or not. Don't visit the service center as they'll repair your phone. It's better to get a replacement from flipkart.

I see. Should have asked neighbour once :p

LOL as I said before, too much of an egoist to ask for money from someone. Anyways I got the cash today, called up the delivery boy, he said he'll be coming at around 4-5 PM.

arkkrish

Broken In
@guys who are gaming on Moto G

How about the temperature? Does the phone heats up?
PS:Heavy games

I have been playing Real Racing 3, GT Racing 2, Street Fighter 4, Dead Trigger 2, Respawnables over the last 4 days. I haven't experienced any heating issues so far. But, I don't play more than 30 minutes on the trott. After I reached a certain level, Real Racing 3 keeps crashing. Before that level I played like 20-25 races and there was no problem. I don't know whether it's a problem with the app or the phone.

The only time my phone heated up was when I downloaded a lot of data continuously. Even then, it was not as bad as my previous phones.

Is this case good for this phone protection?

Link:-www.ebay.in/itm/Best-Motorola-Moto-G-Flip-Kick-Stand-Armor-Hybrid-Bumper-Hard-Back-Case-Cover-/151214090985?pt=IN_Mobile_Accessories&var&hash=item23350feae9&_uhb=1

Or should i wait for official flip cover to come back in stock at flipkart which costs 1599/-.

And could anyone recommend me good power banks for moto g.

Thanks.

jhingalala

Broken In

Still waiting..My new love will come to me on 14th :-D. Meanwhile I have received the red dress for her already! only covering the back though. ;-)
Btw , do we really need screengurards? people are talking about sand effect on CGG3. I am not planning a honeymoon trip to Rajasthan with my new "LOVE" :p

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any reason you say this?
The only reason being that AOSP targets only Qualcomm SoCs these days. So, for Qualcomm based phones you can get a lot of custom ROMs as good quality of drivers are written for them by the official Android project itself.

Whereas for Mediatek, the company i.e. the manufacturer needs to buckle up and push ROMs. Mediatek will provide drivers for their SoCs, but only to the manufacturers. They aren't open source friendly.

Still waiting..My new love will come to me on 14th :-D. Meanwhile I have received the red dress for her already! only covering the back though. ;-)
Btw , do we really need screengurards? people are talking about sand effect on CGG3. I am not planning a honeymoon trip to Rajasthan with my new "LOVE" :p
It's your wish anyway.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
How is Moto G from development point of view?

I'm going to start off with Android development.

How is Moto G going to fare? Or should I go for a second hand Nexus 4?

SunE

Professional Newbie
@Ico If by Android development you mean app development then Moto G will work just fine since it has almost stock android, kitkat and also 720p screen res. I personally wouldn't go for a used phone.

So I finally got mine today(gotta stop saying "mine", it belongs to a friend :p ). Phone is very well built. My parents were highly impressed with it's design and thought it was better than their Samsung phones :p

Tested the call quality, it's ok. The camera seems working. Have put the device on charge. Am downloading the kitkat update right now. Will install it in some time.

toofan

Technomancer
How is Moto G from development point of view?

I'm going to start off with Android development.

How is Moto G going to fare? Or should I go for a second hand Nexus 4?

Bullet: you still here ? Happy to see you.

SunE: is the kitKat Update officially available for Moto G in India????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom