Moto E8 - A class of it's own!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Hi guys,

Anybody got this beauty yet? Is this the best music phone ever or what? I would even better it than some stand alone music players out there. I previewed it in the store yesterday and frankly it just blew me away. The looks, the feel, the morph, the sound and the crispy Linux, not to mention the 2+4 gigs of storage, awesome!! It's priced at Rs 13k (INR) here in Bangalore, India.

*www.unwiredview.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/motorola-rokr-e8-official.jpg

Who says Moto is gone? With this, the ZN5, the Z12 and the Q10 lined up for 2nd half of 2008, the resurrection has begun, well., a little exaggeration there, it was never actually dead, now was it? :p Someone is thinking right on the table up there.

If anybody got it, please do a personal review of it here! Thanks :)

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
the only thing that i dont like bout the E8 is its display size.2" is too small a display these days.it sud be atleast 2.4" like the E6.

Tamoghno

Padawan
The e8 is really great as music player. Better than most nokia and se phones.

But 13k is bit costly,i can get samsung i450 or n81 at that price. i think for its feature it should've been priced around 10k.

And the screen size really makes me sad, each one of my friends to whom i've shown the phone complained about it being only 2inch.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
good phone.But E6 was supposed to be a trump in the music department.Failed miserably.I dont trust Moto on this.

Tamoghno

Padawan
E6 didn't failed. In fact e6 sounds better than most nokia or walkman phones. But only one product is not enough for moto to save itself. E6 , with its touchscreen and stupid interface wasnot meant to a mass market phone. So i dont think e6 is a fail.

But one thing for sure if moto cant make good allrounder phone like se or nokia then moto will be doomed. Only superb music quality wont save moto.

And what's up with moto's camera ? They cant even be compared with old k750i !

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^are you insane??E6 had pathetic sound quality.Nowwhere close to SE or Nokia.The only thing going for it was the linux Os.Else its a complete fail. Moto is still hanging due to its CDMA and razr branded phones.

Indyan

Here Since 2003
wht a crappy design..
way to go.. put in a huge dpad and use up 75% of the length with keypads and then just put in a tiny screen for the heck of it.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^^are you insane??E6 had pathetic sound quality.Nowwhere close to SE or Nokia.The only thing going for it was the linux Os.Else its a complete fail. Moto is still hanging due to its CDMA and razr branded phones.

It's not the sound quality of E6 that is bad. It's the bundled real player. Install XMMS and you will find that the sound quality improved a lot.

FYI, E6 is the phone for modders and not for those who use a phone just like a phone :)

One thing that I really liked a lot in E6 is it's touch screen. It's amazingly fast, pretty responsive. I exchanged E6 with my friend's Nokia 6233 for few days and I struggled to live with the non-touch interface.

Overall, E6 is a superb phone (though it had few bugs and most of them are resolved in the latest firmware update that I got).

I didn't like E8 that much but the Motozine ZN5 looks superb.

*direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/ZN5/

KODAK 5-megapixel Camera, auto-focus, low light optimized with Xenon flash that is already considered as the best in mobile phone cams

350Mb internal memory
2.4” 240x320 262k TFT
Linux OS
upto 9hr talktime
wifi
tvout
CrystalTalk
Microsoft® Windows Media® Player 11 support
3.5mm a/v jack
EDGE, GPRS

Last edited:

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
One phone won't keep the whole company running. The V8 and V9 are so overpriced with poor features. The E8 is designed weirdly with a fat small screen. The Q9 is nowhere close to compete with blackberry or Nokia e61i. They are going to close soon :D

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
moto's 8mp phone with uiq will be a interesting product ..zn5 looks good though ..not sure how better it is than n82 .. mobile review claims better colour reproduction than n82 ..lets wait for other reviews as well.. it will be cool to see moto excel in 5mp cam race ..

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
I just can't live without my E6, very hard to use other phones when you get used to touchscreens lol. You keep on touching the screen and nothing happens and then you remember it's not E6 :D

I bought MotoQ9h and this phone is surely a BlackBerry killer. People who have seen and used this phone will know. And I must say, WM6 is appearing much better then lagtastic Symbian, very responsive and fast.

As for E8, I did browse on it using the full internet browser and it didn't feel like a hindrance at all. It was surprisingly fast and peppy. Yeah, the change from regular portrait phone to the landscape mode may make you say it got a small screen but it isn't. And after going through another landscape Q9h, I must say landscape mode rocks! More content in less time and very easy on the eye.

And the design rocks! Who says it is crap? Just feel the phone in your hands and you will know. Motos have always been the designates when it comes to look and finish. E8 got so clean and definitiive looks, much much better than those tincans Nokias you see :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom