Moto E discussion thread

NitrousNavneet

Racing 24X7
Get new update 4.4.4 it may fix it

Thanks,,
done the updation,, has been 5hrs and no problem till now,, hope it will never come back,,

- - - Updated - - -

BTW
Its a basic question, but i want to get it cleared,,please make me clear that why both internet and GPS satellite need to be on for
navigation ?

And in Moto e I can't see any blue triangular navigation icon , used to see in previous androids,,
looks like google has merged both map and navigation apps into,, but user interface is not that good,,
any suggestions for a good free navigation app

Minion

Conversation Architect
Go to location setting set it to device only by this you can use your gps for navigation but i suggest you to get navi maps it doesn't requires internet and gps lock pretty quickly.

Yeah they merged navigation with maps.

andy_65_in

Padawan
how do i play music stored in sd card in my moto e.also if i have wi fi in my home will using the phone with wi fi mean that my 3 g plan will not work or will i also be charged for 3 g

Minion

Conversation Architect
Use play music(Orange headphone) which is already installed.If you switch on wifi then 3G is automatically disconnected so you will not be charged for 3G.

Minion

Conversation Architect
As far as i know there is no unwanted apps in moto E.Removing pre installed apps requires rooting which i don't recommend.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
As far as i know there is no unwanted apps in moto E.Removing pre installed apps requires rooting which i don't recommend.

Play Movies And TV
Play Music
Gallery
Photos
FM Radio
[STRIKE]Assist[/STRIKE]
Chrome
Drive

Last edited:

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
IMHO all these apps are very useful,.. Dunno why people want to Uninstall them..

Play Movies And TV ----> better use MX Player
Play Music -----> PowerAmp/MusiXMatch
Gallery -----> QuickPic
Photos ------> QickPic
FM Radio -------> No use
Assist -----> added by mistake, edited previous post :razz:
Chrome -----> eats up too much space, is slow and is laggy sometimes in MotoE, UC Browser is better
Drive ------> most people don't use it.

ankush28

Bazinga
Play Music
Gallery
FM Radio
Chrome

Are you joking? There has to be some pre-installed apps...like browser, music player, photo/video viewer!!
What do you want then? Just terminal window? Text based OS?:lol:

[MENTION=29811]andy_65_in[/MENTION] this is list of apps which you can safely "disable"
Moto Assist
Moto Migrate
Moto Help
Moto Alert
Google Play Books
Google Pinyin Input
Google play newstand
Google plus
HP print service - dont disable this if you have HP printer.

==the end==
These apps may or may not be useful for you.
If you disable any other system app there are lots of chances that dependent app will break. So never disable if you are not sure.

Go to settings>Application>Swipe right and find ALL tab.

Find app one by one and disable them.

Last edited:

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Are you joking? There has to be some pre-installed apps...like browser, music player, photo/video viewer!!

if they gave an option of uninstalling these, it'd be great. I never use them. like never ever. I still don't get it why there has to be photos when there is gallery :confused:

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent

+1 , i too was startled that a user would consider them as useless apps..

NitrousNavneet

Racing 24X7
It seems to me that the group making function of that "People" app is useless , want to send a message to lots of persons and i cant do that in just one go,,,

ankush28

Bazinga
It seems to me that the group making function of that "People" app is useless , want to send a message to lots of persons and i cant do that in just one go,,,

Use hangouts hap! It can send mutiple SMS/hangout messeges. [STRIKE]Dont know about messaging app or peoples.[/STRIKE]

Messaging app too can send multiple SMS.

- - - Updated - - -

*i.imgur.com/ySvu5Fe.png

NitrousNavneet

Racing 24X7
Use hangouts hap! It can send mutiple SMS/hangout messeges. [STRIKE]Dont know about messaging app or peoples.[/STRIKE]

Messaging app too can send multiple SMS.

- - - Updated - - -

*i.imgur.com/ySvu5Fe.png

OH!!
And waht will you do if you have a professional group of almost 250 people to which you have to send messages every alternate day !!
Will you select all of them every time you have to message ,,,
mate , think a lil' bit before taunting .,.,

Top Bottom