Motion Detection n Surveillance using Mobile Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanolution

Broken In
Am a final year engineering CS student i managed to do this on my cellphone using j2me (java)

Application is simple u need to start the app it starts monitoring the view area within 5 secs if there is an intruder or any disturbance it gives an alert and stores the disturbing objects pic

You say Use - Personal security anywhere u go with just a piece of software on any camera mobile
- Set it up to detect any suspected thief around
- As a baby monitoring device
- Users are plenty

So my idea is will i be able to commercialize it for a small amount or distribute it free ...

question is will anyone buy it ?

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
will not work on phone without infrared...good ploy..but will go off for no reason watsoevr and ma create a truama..

OP
S

sanolution

Broken In
wat do u mean by not working i have completed the piece of software its just working fine ...
i ll post a video soon ... ;) ...

Pathik

Google Bot
LOL! What if you keep the fone to detect theft and the thief takes the fone itself and runs away.?

OP
S

sanolution

Broken In
@Pathik I ll get u the drawbacks n disadvantages written from u for my documentation
LOL... i ll

thats why its supposed to issue an alarm or grab a pic of the thief ... u r bound to be alerted ... else run the app in silent mode ... it just grabs the pic of the intrusion ...

unni

In the zone
I remember trying out a software like this in my SE K810i. I don't remember its name. It didn't work for me.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
surely it uses a motion sensor along with it...what is the rnage??..and how is it detected by the phoen cam??

Using infra-red is a dumb idea, as the infra-red on most phones has a really pathetic range. He's probably using something like "Take a photo if the image on screen changes"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom