motherboard suggestion

game-freak

In the zone
one of my frnd is going to buy components for a new build in 3-4 days the components he has decided to buy are:

Processor|Intel Core i5 2500
Motherboard|?????
RAM|G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666CL9S-4GBRL
Graphic Card|MSI GTX560Ti hawk
HDD|Seagate 500GB 7200.12
DVD Writer|LG 22X SATA DVD
PSU|Corsair VX550
Case|NZXT Tempest EVO
Monitor|Dell ST2220L
Mouse and Keyboard|Razer Cyclosa Gaming Bundle

the problem is he doesnt want a intel h67 mobo and wants a good h67 mobo within 6-6.5k which has 4 ram slots
also can u guys tell the price of the above components
thanx in advance

Cilus

laborare est orare
I checked Lynx-india, smc and theitwares and didn't find a single H67 mobo apart from Intel that comes with 4 Ram slots and within 6 to 6.5K. All of them are over 7K. However the Intel one is very good and I don;t know why your friend is having problem with it.
Other wise check Asus P8H67-M, available within 7.5K

OP
game-freak

game-freak

In the zone
i told him the same thing that intel h67 are good boards but he said he has had some bad experiences with intel mobo and is not willing to buy intel

OP
game-freak

game-freak

In the zone
H67 boards supports a max of 1333MHz of RAM

and can any1 tell me the price for corsair vx550 i read some where on the forum that the price has gone down for it

MegaMind

Human Spambot
I checked Lynx-india, smc and theitwares and didn't find a single H67 mobo apart from Intel that comes with 4 Ram slots and within 6 to 6.5K. All of them are over 7K. However the Intel one is very good and I don;t know why your friend is having problem with it.
Other wise check Asus P8H67-M, available within 7.5K

Asus P8H67-M - 7.1K
@Deltapage, P8H67-M - 6.7K

d3p

PowerHouse
H67 boards supports a max of 1333MHz of RAM

and can any1 tell me the price for corsair vx550 i read some where on the forum that the price has gone down for it

3.9k is what i got few weeks back.

AFAIK, it will be or its already in EOL.

Last edited:

MegaMind

Human Spambot
@OP, i wd say u should suggest ur friend to get i5-2400... The diff betwn i5 2500 & 2400 is jus 0.2GHz, but the price diff is ~1K... IMHO its not worth t, also this way u can add 1K for the mobo... Jus my opinion.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
good suggestion. Really the performance difference between 2500 and 2400 is minimal and trhe extra one K can be used to get the desired Asus mobo.

OP
game-freak

game-freak

In the zone
@OP, i wd say u should suggest ur friend to get i5-2400... The diff betwn i5 2500 & 2400 is jus 0.1GHz, but the price diff is ~1K... IMHO its not worth t, also this way u can add 1K for the mobo... Jus my opinion.
i5 2400 ----- Clock Speed: 3.1GHz and Max Turbo Frequency: 3.4GHz
i5 2500 ----- Clock Speed: 3.3GHz and Max Turbo Frequency: 3.7GHz
how come the difference is 0.1 GHz

Cilus

laborare est orare
Well, then it is 0.2 GHz. And Turbo core frequency difference is not gonna give you that much of performance benefit as it is for those applications which cannot use all the CPU cores.

rock_dj

Broken In
Hi guys & geeks!
I need advice. I had MB: Asus M2N 68Am SE-2 with AMD Phenom 8650 pro & 2 gb ram DDR2 . Now my motherboard's crashed. I wish to upgrade to a better Motherboard with same processor. Can any one please suggest me a good motherboard which supports my current processor with a budget of upto rs 5000.
Feel free to mail me at richardliu@hotmail.com

saswat23

Human Spambot
Hi guys & geeks!
I need advice. I had MB: Asus M2N 68Am SE-2 with AMD Phenom 8650 pro & 2 gb ram DDR2 . Now my motherboard's crashed. I wish to upgrade to a better Motherboard with same processor. Can any one please suggest me a good motherboard which supports my current processor with a budget of upto rs 5000.
Feel free to mail me at richardliu@hotmail.com

Buddy, create a new thread for your queries. You cant ask your queries in someone else's thread.

Top Bottom