Motherboard requiring password

Linkeloed

Broken In
I have a dell Inspiron 2310 all in one pc (it has a dell mobo). I was trying to enter the boot menu but it required a password, I tried every password that I remeber but nothing worked. Any help?

I have installed ubuntu alongside windows but at the startup it does show whether to choose between windows 7 or ubuntu. What should I do?

Last edited:

gautam21ghosh

Broken In
I have a dell Inspiron 2310 all in one pc (it has a dell mobo). I was trying to enter the boot menu but it required a password, I tried every password that I remeber but nothing worked. Any help?

I have installed ubuntu alongside windows but at the startup it does show whether to choose between windows 7 or ubuntu. What should I do?

You can't enter into CMOS setup, if you have forgot the password. There is no way to find the password again. But, you can remove the BIOS password using some utilities or some other ways.

First,
For dell motherboards the default bios password is "dell" try this first if it is not working then do the following..

Do it with your own risk or go with dell service center

Removing CMOS battery or changing the CMOS jumber settings. If you are having the older type mother board, it is enough to remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard and insert it again after some time. In case of the new mother boards, the battery charge will
persist for 3 to four days. So, it is good to change the jumber settings near the CMOS battery. For finding the CMOS jumber, refer motherboard manual.

Second,
You can use the password crackers.
You can get the BIOS password crackers from the following links.
pwcracker.com - pwcracker Resources and Information. This website is for sale!
*www.cgsrcurity.org
Use any one of these tools. The current settings will be turned to default settings.

Third,
With the C Program.
# include <stdio.h>
# include <dos.h>
typedef unsigned char byte
main()
{
byte i;
for (i=0;i<=225;i++)
{
outp(ox70,i);
outp(0x71,i);
}
}
This should be excecuted in DOS prompt. This will remove the password.

If you use any one of these three ways, and boot the system, you will get an error message. "CMOS checksum error. Press F2 to continue". Press the key, and select 'Load default settings'. Make necessary changes in
settings and exit with save.

Gollum

Collector
call dell, they have to help you to remove the password even if your pc is out of warranty. Just make sure you have the bill/invoice.

OP
L

Linkeloed

Broken In
I have contacted dell, they gave me a couple of passwords but no one was working. So, they said that the motherboard has to be changed.(without any cost)

Top Bottom