Motherboard replacement-- Urgent Help

sirramzy

Broken In
Regret starting a new thread, but my earlier thread was going unnoticed - and i needed a quick opinion.

i just need to buy another motherboard since Intel has refused to replace my motherboard (DH67BL) so i am looking to buy another one...which would NOT be an Intel, below is my configuration:

Intel i5 2500

Gskillz 4GB 1600 DDR3 RAM

CM Elite 430

MSI 560GTX - Ti Twin FrozR -II (OC)

Seasonic SS620 F3

APC 650V

can you please recommend an ASUS or GIGABYTE within Rs. 7K which is competent to handle the above ?

Thanks

Cilus

laborare est orare
Also have a look at Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2-B3, available @ 5.3K in smcinternational.in

saswat23

Human Spambot
All the boards mentioned above have only 2-RAM slots.
For 7k, look at:
ASUS P8H67-M at 7.2k
or
Gigabyte GA-H67MA-UD2H at 7.5k

BTW, what will you do with your Intel DH67BL mobo..

OP
S

sirramzy

Broken In
Thank you for ALL of your inputs... So i think i should narrow down on ONE board ...

BEST pick amongst the one mentioned...would be... ?

i don't know what i can do with my intel board... i am so put off by Intel's after sales.. that i wanna just burn the damn thing down as soon as i can lay my hands on it :-x

saswat23

Human Spambot
You mean ur 5.5k is in vain...
But whats the actual problem with your intel mobo..

oh, sorry to hear ur prob from your other thread. Regarding this issue you can always go to consumer court.

OP
S

sirramzy

Broken In
Saswat... :)

you know they cleverly put the entire blame on my "Earthing" problem in my house..... strange... i had a PC with me before this one, for close to 6 years without any problems

besides, they have put a clause of 'external damage' in their warranty terms, which is ambiguous.

as much as i would love to wrap my fingers around the neck of someone in Intel..right now........ i'd rather move on, cuz my work is getting affected.

*Sigh* by the way, if someone glanced at my earlier thread... can anyone see a plausible cause for this ? could it be my APC 650 or Seasonic 620w PSU ?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did Intel give that reason or your dealer?

Who handles Intel motherboard RMA in India?

If you would like to shed more light on this issue for the benefit of the community, post a thread in this section: Service and RMA watch - Digit Technology Discussion Forum

saswat23

Human Spambot
IMO its not the fault of your PSU and UPS. Both are from good brands, so no worries at all.

My UPS (Zeb. 600VA) used to shutdown automatically a month back. When Zeb. Repaired it, they told that UPS' PCB had burnt due to improper earthing. After checking, it turned out to be true. The earthing in my home had weakened and so the UPS shutdown itself when there was a sudden high voltage.

So, the QUESTION here is, when my UPS could shutdown itself to protect my PC then how could your UPS not do that. Moreover yours is APC so there is absolutely no chance of any voltage issue.

IMO the problem lies with the mobo itself.

Our forum member 'vickybat' has had his intel motherboard RMAed. So, its better to ask him about INTEL's RMA and who handles it.

OP
S

sirramzy

Broken In
@ ICO, i will surely shed some more light on this, when i get my old motherboard back. This was the reason given by the Computer Assembler to me and he claimed to be quoting Intel.

I'll delve into details (his shop was closed today)

its not that i want to buy a new motherboard, but i am kind of tired of Intel's motherboards. I faced similar issue a few years ago when i had a C2D CPU, and my brand new intel motherboard apparently had some 'mousebleeding' thingie that killed it. I ran pillar to post to get it replaced but finally got it repaired.... and the repaired motherboard promptly died after a couple of months.

Anyway... which of the above mentioned Motherboards is 'highly recommended' ?

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ Buddy, find out the official Intel Service Center in your place and submit the mobo to them instead of your assembler. In Vicky's case, 1st he given the mobo to the Dealer and after 2.5 months they returned him another faulty mobo. But after finding the official intel Service Center in Bhubaneswar, Smartlink, they told him that the mobo will be replaced within week. So contact the official Intel service center in ur place.

Top Bottom