motherboard problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

technology555

Right off the assembly line
I replaced my processor with a new one.I worked on it for a day and it worked perfectly.
The nexy day i booted my system and found that it did not work.The board gives a strange beep sound and there is no display.I removed all cards,hard disk,RAM etc and tried booting but still the problem exsists.please help me.:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

shaunak

Tux Fan
I had this when I moved from 2Ghz to 2.8Ghz on my Intel 865. The issue was the power supply.

Are you sure your supply can handle the new processor?

You can also try clearing the CMOS. [There will be a jumper on the board, or take out the battery and disconnect the AC mains.]

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ technology555 - what mobo & proc do you have ? from your post I came to know that you eben removed ram & tried booting. BTW, you need to put those rams on slots while booting.

Try this : - remove the proc. Reinstall it again carefully & make sure the proc sits firmly on it's socket. Now make sure you have inserted the heatsink correctly.

Now test with one ram stick ( btw, make sure it seated firmly on slot ). If your mobo has onboard gfx then try with it. Try booting & post the result. BTW, what psu do U have ?

OP
T

technology555

Right off the assembly line
ya man i tried all that stuff.i used it with RAM on and etc etc.but i think there is a prob with the psu i think i will try it some other psu and will post the result.one more thing i had my battery removed for a very long time and it was not present when i changed the proc . ANY OTHER TIPS...........................

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
ya man i tried all that stuff.i used it with RAM on and etc etc.but i think there is a prob with the psu i think i will try it some other psu and will post the result.one more thing i had my battery removed for a very long time and it was not present when i changed the proc . ANY OTHER TIPS...........................

1st of all post your full hardware config as desibond told U.

You should run your pc with the mobo battery in place. It's very important to
retain the cmos setting.

BTW, if possible try with old processor, some new ram or borrow it from friend & a gfx card if you don't have any. BTW, after putting the proc or gfx card don't forget to clear cmos setting using jumper & don't forget to put the battery on it's right place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom